Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 5th Gen iPod Touch May Be Next iDevice to Go White

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,481 Times in 567 Posts

Default 5th Gen iPod Touch May Be Next iDevice to Go White

The iPod touch has been on the receiving end of white model rumors ever since the device was first introduced. But a swelling number of parts suppliers and industry analysts believe that this fall may finally bring with it the arrival of the white iPod touch.

Concord Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, for example, believes that white iPod touch models are on pace for mass production by late August, ahead of a September release - the same time in which the iPhone 5 will likely turn up. But, as Kuo adds, there will probably be few - if any - other changes or upgrades made to the iPod touch. This speculation coincides with hints dropped in the iOS 5 beta, which similarly suggest that no major iPod overhaul is in store.

Apple launching a white version of the iPod touch with little to no improvement isn't unprecedented. Earlier this year, after a long wait, Apple finally launched the white iPhone 4, which delivered the same functionality as the black version. That device currently retails for $199 and $299 for 16GB and 32GB versions, respectively.
    If the iPod touch does, indeed, go white, it may look something like the artist rendering posted above - at least that's what the folks at iFixyouri maintain - a firm that has purportedly obtained pre-production images of the white iPod touch front panel. Are the images they possess legit? It's too soon to tell. But all the clues are present to formulate a compelling case for a white iPod touch refresh on the horizon.

Clearly, the iPod touch realm could use some excitement. During the fiscal third quarter, Apple's iPod revenue stood at less than 5% of the company's total sales. Last year, that share was double at nearly 10%. Of course, no one is suggesting that
    a white model will revitalize iPod touch sales, but such a refresh may be enough to return buyer interest and attention to what has become the least sexy iDevice in the Apple family as of late.

Source: CNET, iFixyouri, 9to5Mac

Nice, now please change the back so it doesn't scratch when you look at it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Xenthis's Avatar
    Thanks

I hate these updates - first I hate iPT 2g, then 4g and now....... -Maybe I will switch to android.

I have been fed up with Apple at first a little and now all the time - I don't want to fight the jailbreaking battle anymore, there is just too much work involved.

Go for it, one less crying baby for apple!

My iPhone is a Part of Me coolguy742's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xenthis View Post
    I hate these updates - first I hate iPT 2g, then 4g and now....... -Maybe I will switch to android.

I have been fed up with Apple at first a little and now all the time - I don't want to fight the jailbreaking battle anymore, there is just too much work involved.
    the iPT 2g is way better than 1g, the bezel always got chipped and dented bro.

Needs more ram in an update,games and other apps are becoming bigger and more complex and putting a strain on what little ram you get,if jail broken as well there is very little left for anything else so really needs more ram
    Last edited by Cheesey123; 07-22-2011 at 01:36 PM.

Thanks

If you all agree iOS 5 is a better OS when it comes this fall. And, It's been enough years that u have clear picture what u like. We only need updates for newer apps to work but we have millions that work on older firmwares already so technically the cat and mouse chase is no more.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesey123 View Post
    Needs more ram in an update,games and other apps are becoming bigger and more complex and putting a strain on what little ram you get,if jail broken as well there is very little left for anything else so really needs more ram
    Yes we are well aware of the fact that more RAM is needed. We will be adding more RAM 3 updates from now. This year you get white. 10 updates from now it won't scratch by just looking at it. You people wine too much. If we update everything at once, how will we get you to buy a new one every year.

Sincerely,

Apple

iPhone? More like MyPhone xXDrizzyyXx's Avatar
    Thanks

agreed

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If that's the next iPod then I'm guess the next iPhone won't have a larger screen. Oh well, I hope it comes with IPS or else I'm getting a iPhone 4 and use that as an iPod.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
    +1

That was my revelation somewhere between 2008-2009 after fooling around with an old iPhone 2G. Then, I just waited until my contract finished and the right hardware option came out on my carrier. It's fun to swap files between the phone and a Nook Color, and use the available OS options from the dedicated user community.

Ikr, I've been waiting forever for them to get rid of that stupid chrome back.

There's an App for that!

stop looking at the back, and it will never get scratched.

there nothing different about a black R white iphone/ipod?
    why dont the make all color, so we can get what we want.
    Forgot it what crapple-apple want...

Thanks

Definitely see this happening, and yes change the back please.

Man iPods and iPhones are sure becoming boring. Same iPod just white, same iPhone just faster. Apple fanatics make me laugh!