Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPod Nano at WOOT! (Nostalgia Post)

Default iPod Nano at WOOT! (Nostalgia Post)

In my brief time here on the planet I've noticed a few things about iPod nano users. They tend to be young chic females sporting leggings and oversized sweatshirts while sloshing around campus in Ugg boots. Or they're like my roommate: A twenty something workout fanatic from Wisconsin who needs a pair of "buds" in his ears during any moment of physical exertion. Woot!.com currently has a deal that would make him spit out his cheese curds.

Woot! has the current gen 8gb iPod Nano (I always feel like i'm going to mistake it for a piece of candy) and an accessory kit for $129.99 plus $5 shipping. That's $20 off of the retail price plus the included accessory kit comes with an armband, FM transmitter, car charger, wall charger, four screen protectors, a case, aux cable and a utility belt (not really).

While the iPod nano fits it's niche extremely well I've never been tempted to own one. Any ModMyi users have a nano? I mean this is an iOS website so I'm pretty sure no one owns a Zune... or one of those other now irrelevant mp3 players.

This is a perfect time for a little nostalgia. The smartphone market is drowning out the personal stand alone music player, but lets take a trip back in time. What was your first mp3/cd/mini-disc/tape/record player player (God forbid anyone is that old)?

As for me I remember ripping cd's and mixes onto my Aiwa mini-disc player way back in fifth grade. God, that brings me back. Time to find my Pogs and yo-yo's.

Source: Woot.com
    Last edited by Phillip Swanson; 04-25-2011 at 05:12 PM.

I remember when I got a portable cd player with a WHOPPING FOUR, count 'em FOUR SECONDS of "anti-skip protection" and I was ecstatic. FINALLY, I could listen to my CD while my parents drove me to hockey practice without it skipping (as much as it did before).

My how far we've come, great write up. Thanks for taking me back to my awkward prepubescent years. Good times. Lol

an ipod nano was my first lmao

Thanks

First music device: samsung portable cd player

2nd: mp3 player from samsung

3rd: apple itouch
    No confundas mi personalidad con mi actitud. Mi personalidad es quien soy yo, mi actitud depende de quien seas tú.

Sony Walkman FTW. Recording from the radio to tape.

"ssshhhhhh....I'm recording"

My iPhone is a Part of Me Mr. Russian's Avatar
    Thanks

Before I got an iPod I had a Sansa mp3 player, then I got and iPod touch 2g and now I have an iPhone 4

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    CHECK OUT THIS AWESOME THEME
    Windows Vista
    Follow me on Twitter - Mr_Russ1an

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Swanson View Post
    What was your first mp3/cd/mini-disc/tape/record player player (God forbid anyone is that old)?
    As for me I remember ripping cd's and mixes onto my Aiwa mini-disc player way back fifth grade. God, that brings me back. Time to find my Pogs and yo-yo's.
    LOL, your young. My first was a record player with a built in 8 track. I was 5. I'd have to stay I thought I was the coolest kid in the world. Lucky for me both my parents were huge music fans. I spent more time listening to music than watching TV.
    Last edited by Cokeman; 04-25-2011 at 05:08 PM.
    If I can't mod it...I don't want it.

My first was a record/8-track/cassette combo. Then an am ONLY Walkman. Then a cassette Walkman. The a $250 diskman with NO skip buffer. Then a no/name mp3 player. Then a Sansa. Then an iPod classic. Then an iPhone. Yay!

My first was phonograph records.Then I moved into technology with a 4 track tape player.

My first was sony walkman....

Sweet deal! Ive always thought the new nano should of been a new iPod and they should of continued the old nano
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

My iPhone is a Part of Me coolguy742's Avatar
    Thanks

1) Sony portable CD player
    2) Memorex 1GB MP3 player
    3) iPod classic 80GB Black
    4) iPod touch 3g 32GB
    5) iPod touch 4g 32GB
    and hopefully 6) iPhone 6/7 32GB

I have a hellofa list lol
    And believe it or not, I used to buy cassette tapes to play in our car

Sent from my iPod touch using ModMyi

I just bought a nano and wish i was a young chic, 20 something, workout fanatic! rofl

My iPhone is a Part of Me coolguy742's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vlaoliver View Post
    I just bought a nano and wish i was a young chic, 20 something, workout fanatic! rofl
    hahahahaha, my mom has a nano I think mr. Swanson forgot to add that middle-aged, tech-noob adults get them too! (not saying you're middle-aged or a noob, just saying that that's just as common as the other people he described)

YOU NEED A PROFILE PIC PHILLIP! lol
    Sent from my iPod touch using ModMyi

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    First portable music player I had was a portable FM receiver.
    Then
    - Sony portable cd player
    - Sony portable cd player with an anti-skip table? to put it on
    - Then a Sony mp3 player
    - THEN a Sansa mp3 player
    - iPod Touch 8GB - 1st gen
    - iPod Touch 32GB - 2nd gen
    - 11 iPhone 3GS's (yes they were all covered by warranty!)
    - iPhone 4 (and thankfully I haven't had as many issues with it)

Oh and I am kinda on the young side, 19, but my parent's are EE so I get the techy-ness naturally haha
    Last edited by MadMoody; 04-25-2011 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

my first music player
    sony walkman
    creative mp3
    ipod classic
    and now my lovely ipod touch 4 gen

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Swanson View Post

In my brief time here on the planet I've noticed a few things about iPod nano users. They tend to be young chic females sporting leggings and oversized sweatshirts while sloshing around campus in Ugg boots. Or they're like my roommate: A twenty something workout fanatic from Wisconsin who needs a pair of "buds" in his ears during any moment of physical exertion. Woot!.com currently has a deal that would make him spit out his cheese curds.

Woot! has the current gen 8gb iPod Nano (I always feel like i'm going to mistake it for a piece of candy) and an accessory kit for $129.99 plus $5 shipping. That's $20 off of the retail price plus the included accessory kit comes with an armband, FM transmitter, car charger, wall charger, four screen protectors, a case, aux cable and a utility belt (not really).

While the iPod nano fits it's niche extremely well I've never been tempted to own one. Any ModMyi users have a nano? I mean this is an iOS website so I'm pretty sure no one owns a Zune... or one of those other now irrelevant mp3 players.

This is a perfect time for a little nostalgia. The smartphone market is drowning out the personal stand alone music player, but lets take a trip back in time. What was your first mp3/cd/mini-disc/tape/record player player (God forbid anyone is that old)?

As for me I remember ripping cd's and mixes onto my Aiwa mini-disc player way back in fifth grade. God, that brings me back. Time to find my Pogs and yo-yo's.

Source: Woot.com
    Stop asking us questions! Seriously, ur starting to really piss me off with all these articles that ask us questions. Just cuz there is a question at the end doesn't make it a good article.

In the past 4-5 months at ModMyi, I've seen plenty of cr$ppy articles, but not one has asked me me a question.

dont insult he js a good writer

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,808 Times in 1,228 Posts

Pogs FTW.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast