+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPod Nano at WOOT! (Nostalgia Post)

is a discussion within the

iPod News

forums, a part of the

General iPod

section;
wht are pogs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,357 Times in 1,074 Posts

wht are pogs

Thanks

Walkman
    Discman
    2nd gen ipod nano
    1st gen ipod touch
    iPhone 3GS
    iPhone 4
    6th gen nano that I bought so I actually had some space on my iPhone. I wear it as a watch too.

Thanks

-Cassette Player
    -CD Player
    -Creative Zen Nano MP3 (512MB)
    -iPod Shuffle (512MB)
    -iPod Video (80GB)
    -iPod Touch (8GB)
    -iPhone 3G (8GB)
    -iPhone 4 (32GB)

Sent from my iPhone 4 using ModMyi
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheJailbreakGenius View Post
    Stop asking us questions! Seriously, ur starting to really piss me off with all these articles that ask us questions. Just cuz there is a question at the end doesn't make it a good article.

In the past 4-5 months at ModMyi, I've seen plenty of cr$ppy articles, but not one has asked me me a question.
    Me Me a question? Fan of the Drew Carey Show?

But, on to your gripe. I apologize for attempting to get the ModMyi community involved with their writers a little bit. I'd much rather take a moment out of my day to genuinely sift through and read everyones replies. It helps everyone get to know one another just a little better and not feel like a lonely avatar amidst a gigantic pond of forum members.

Everyone is a part of the ModMyi community. You signed up for it, they signed up for, I signed up for it. It wasn't part of my plan to sit in the back of the room hoping to get called on in class. Everyone should have the chance to engage their fellow forum members or not. They shouldn't be bullied into shutting up cause you think its not the cool thing to do.

Not every article will have a question at the end. This one was specifically written for the final question, hence the word "Nostalgia" in the title. We all deserve a little time to reminisce.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Swanson View Post

But, on to your gripe. I apologize for attempting to get the ModMyi community involved with their writers a little bit. I'd much rather take a moment out of my day to genuinely sift through and read everyones replies. It helps everyone get to know one another just a little better and not feel like a lonely avatar amidst a gigantic pond of forum members.

Everyone is a part of the ModMyi community. You signed up for it, they signed up for, I signed up for it. It wasn't part of my plan to sit in the back of the room hoping to get called on in class. Everyone should have the chance to engage their fellow forum members or not. They shouldn't be bullied into shutting up cause you think its not the cool thing to do.

Not every article will have a question at the end. This one was specifically written for the final question, hence the word "Nostalgia" in the title. We all deserve a little time to reminisce.
    In one ear and out the other with the nay-sayers, I say! Keep up the good articles. ModMyI needed a change of pace. Too much mudslinging and regurgitated here-say lately.

As for my list ....

Sony Walkman Cassette player - Cassettes recorded on the huge cassette player/radio we had in the den.
    Personal Sony CD player that I upgraded every time they added a couple more seconds to the anti-skip.
    Got a car with a CD player my freshman year and did away with the portables up until I got my first gen iPhone, been upgrading yearly since.
    Last edited by Blufox; 04-25-2011 at 07:59 PM.

Thanks

here is more complete list

ipod nano 3g
    ipod touch 1g, 2g, 3g, 4g(broke)
    Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Dude T.M.I

My iPhone is a Part of Me coolguy742's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Swanson View Post

Don't worry, I still love you (in a completely plutonic fashion)!
    And besides I like it that you are trying to get us more involved with the writers, it strengthens the sense of community!

You got a profile pic, good job hahaha

Sent from my iPod touch using ModMyi

My iPhone is a Part of Me coolguy742's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Matthews View Post
    Pogs FTW.
    what's a pog/pogs?

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flaccid_member View Post
    Sony Walkman FTW. Recording from the radio to tape.

"ssshhhhhh....I'm recording"
    Haha yes! The original download.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,085 Times in 437 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by coolguy742 View Post
    what's a pog/pogs?

Used to come on caps to milk containers and they had the dairy farm's logo on them, at least that's their origin...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheJailbreakGenius View Post
    In the past 4-5 months at ModMyi, I've seen plenty of cr$ppy articles, but not one has asked me me a question.
    cr$ppy = crispy ???

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Sand View Post
    cr$ppy = crispy ???
    I'll take "crappy" for 100, Alex.

--The Nano 6G is IMO, an underutilized and underrated device. I've got one, and I wear it like a watch (like a boss). It's quite awesome, but I cannot believe somebody hasn't really gone to town with its software/internals and hacked the thing (nanohack.me was going strong there for a while but the folks behind that site have fallen off).

I've been dinking around with it, and I'm absolutely convinced somebody with some real brainpower and savoir-faire could get that thing doing a whole lot more than it can now.

130 is good for the iPod itself new, but the accessories push it over the top. May snag it for an upcoming birthday present I need to give...

PS: Betamax and 8-tracks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by orbyorb View Post
    I'll take "crappy" for 100, Alex.

--The Nano 6G is IMO, an underutilized and underrated device. I've got one, and I wear it like a watch (like a boss). It's quite awesome, but I cannot believe somebody hasn't really gone to town with its software/internals and hacked the thing (nanohack.me was going strong there for a while but the folks behind that site have fallen off).

I've been dinking around with it, and I'm absolutely convinced somebody with some real brainpower and savoir-faire could get that thing doing a whole lot more than it can now.

130 is good for the iPod itself new, but the accessories push it over the top. May snag it for an upcoming birthday present I need to give...

PS: Betamax and 8-tracks.
    What hope does anyone else have if the great orbyorb can't figure it out?

iPhone? More like MyPhone dale2's Avatar
    Thanks

my first was a panasonic CD player dated from 1996, i aquired it some time in 2003, lasted me till 06.
    that thing was a champ, never skipped or anything

next was a 128 MB mp3 that my sister got for free with some promotion at JCpenney, then she gave me this other 256 MB one that held SD cards, i was able to have 512 MB if i carried them both on me and used an SD card

I then got a 4th gen ipod for my birthday, lost that, and went and bought a used first gen ipod touch. That was how I got started in ios
    after that, got an iphone 2G, then an iphone 3G, then another 3G, then another 3G, then my lovely current 3GS

Thanks

the smallest size my ipod has ever been that i csn remember is 16gb.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Str4y View Post
    the smallest size my ipod has ever been that i csn remember is 16gb.
    I had a 10 GB one. Back when the only word used to describe an iPod was "iPod." Second gen (first ones with the 30-pin instead of Firewire only).

Great stuff.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Sand View Post
    What hope does anyone else have if the great orbyorb can't figure it out?
    Flattery gets you everywhere.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I own one and love it. I use mine at the gym. I gave my shuffle to my 7 yr old son and bought the new nano last year. I don't like strapping on my iphone during workouts and the nano is perfect for that.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Ok, I am THAT old, apparently. My first portable player was an old, unrecognizably branded AM/FM radio with dual headphone jacks. Then a Toshiba cassette player, then a super-slim (and super expensive) Sony Walkman autoreverse Dolby NR tape player that could run for six hours on a single AA battery. My first foray into the MP3 realm was an MP3 capable CD player by iRiver: the SlimX iMP-550. That, quite frankly, was an amazingly thought out music player, and super sounding. That lasted for a few years before I finally opted to purchase a 16 gig Cowon D2. A great little beast that I passed on down to my son. I finally bought an iPhone 3G, then a 3GS, then a 4. MP3s are here to stay for quite some time I'd predict. These nano's hold no interest for me. That might be different if we could add or alter the functionality a bit. Just the tinkerer in me.

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

Cheap cassette player that didn't even have a rewind button. You had to flip the tape over and fast forward to rewind.

Thanks

My first MP3 player? an iPod shuffle 2G
    Then a 3G
    Then a nano 4G (shame you can't find a case for them, I still use it)
    Then I got a "handed-down" (for some reason) iPod shuffle 4G
    Then my lovely iPod touch 4G (JB @ 4.0 with Limerain)

(My first ever music player? A cassette player, and I'm not even twenty yet...)

Don't worry; be happy, because sh*t just happens