Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Free iPods to the Rescued Chilean Miners... But From Who?

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    "minors". Lol.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    The joke is on the miners: none of them own a computer to link with iTunes...
    You're a effin' ID10T. And you don't necessarily need a Mac to sync to any iDevice. There is also iTunes for Windows.

Quote Originally Posted by ViiOLENT.HD// View Post
    No really... Did Messany really misspell Miners?

"Minors"
    LMAO
    This guy, how did he get to "write" "stories" on this site? Is he personal friends with the staff? Some journalist he is. Surprised he's not writing another BS VZW/iPhone rumor.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Jahooba didn't say Mac, he said computer. Windows runs on a computer...

Back on topic...this is a decent move by Apple. It's like everyone else says, a "nice gesture" but really...getting stuck in a hole for 2 1/2 months and they get an iPod. How about an iPad instead -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    Jahooba didn't say Mac, he said computer. Windows runs on a computer...

Back on topic...this is a decent move by Apple. It's like everyone else says, a "nice gesture" but really...getting stuck in a hole for 2 1/2 months and they get an iPod. How about an iPad instead -.-
    Well first of all, he's assuming they don't have computers at all. That's a pretty stupid thing to say.
    Second, and I know there people out there that think like this, you don't need a Mac for iTunes, Windows will work as well. And even then, you could purchase music/video straight from the device using wifi, don't even need a computer.

Oh and it's a GIFT! You're probably the type of person that would receive a Hyundai as a gift and ***** about it, why didn't I get a *enter luxury car brand here*..

Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
    +1

You're a effin' ID10T. And you don't necessarily need a Mac to sync to any iDevice. There is also iTunes for Windows.

This guy, how did he get to "write" "stories" on this site? Is he personal friends with the staff? Some journalist he is. Surprised he's not writing another BS VZW/iPhone rumor.
    Have you ever thought he's not a robot, but a human who makes mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
    Have you ever thought he's not a robot, but a human who makes mistakes
    Well he did do it more than once in the same article. Aren't they supposed to proofread it anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by anekin007 View Post
    Haha true most of my family in 3rd world countries wouldn't know what to do with one. What's the price of the iPod $100? Instead of a useless iPod why not give them a good meal? More cigarettes? Or even a hooker! lol
    This is way everybody hates USA, for racist comments like this.
    I live in a "3rd world countrie" and I own two Macs and two iPhones.
    And I can speak 3 languages, How many can you speak?

Originally Posted by anekin007 View Post
    Haha true most of my family in 3rd world countries wouldn't know what to do with one. What's the price of the iPod $100? Instead of a useless iPod why not give them a good meal? More cigarettes? Or even a hooker! lolI feel sorry 4 ur comments.. thatīs lack of culture!
    You might be able to pay for school, but u can definitly not buy class!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

If Apple were REALLY smart....they would've given them their iPods BEFORE they were rescued so those miners would have some music to jam out to on that 20-minute ride up. Or maybe they could have given it to them weeks ago when they were first discovered so they could at least have SOME sense of sanity down there and some decent music to listen to. Did Apple even bother to give them some tunes with their iPods.....or are they supposed to just use it as a paperweight?

But yeah as another person already mentioned....this is clearly an attempt of Apple to profit from this drama. Hand over the cheapest media item you have to a few miners to hopefully gain an extra edge in sales boost.
    Last edited by RICO_; 10-18-2010 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dq13 View Post
    It was 3 months, not two (69 days)...
    lol wow are you serious?? 69 days is NOT 3 months. they were trapped on august 5th. and rescued wed. oct. 13th (most of them)

by my calculations that's 2 months and 8 days lol. yes it stretches over three months but was not 90 days. at the most a month has 31 days (93 days for 3 months). august has 31 days and sept. has 30. thats 61 - 5(august 5th) = 56 + 13 (oct 13th) = 69 days. some stations reported 70 days because of the time frame it took to get them out of there did stretch over 24 hours.

ANYWAY lol ill take a free ipod anyday. but yeah jobs could have offered a macbook or something with those ipods, its not like hes struggling to survive, i think he could take a hit on 33 macbooks and ipods. JMHO

comon stevo !!!! can't you step it up and make it an ipad for each miner????

Quote Originally Posted by Delgadeth View Post
    racist comment? im from a 3rd world country. i can actually speak 4. im happy for you that were able to get yourself a mac and iphones. in my village the people are happy with just running water and some electricity. watching black and white tv with a vcr on a small generator. i appreciate the things i have and to give people that been stuck down there for 2 months an ipod? wtf? they were barely getting food & water and just requesting for cigarettes.

Quote Originally Posted by baller4life
    thatīs lack of culture!
    You might be able to pay for school, but u can definitly not buy class!
    lack of culture? that makes no sense. if your talking about what i said about hooker? if you seen the "lol" its intended as a joke if you didnt get it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone maddawg05's Avatar
    Thanks

Miners will just end up hawking the iPods for some cash and help support their family. MacBooks would have been a more useful choice.

I can attest...Springfield sucks. Spent 3 years there...other than Fat Cat and the Basketball HOF it's horrible. You deserve 2 iPods for living there!!!

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    The joke is on the miners: none of them own a computer to link with iTunes...
    Why wouldn't they? They are raking in $1600 dollars a month.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    Why wouldn't they? They are raking in $1600 dollars a month.
    Exactly. Cost of living differs everywhere. Even in the USA cost of living differs where you live. My apartment in a small town in Oklahoma cost 400$/month; where as here in Minnesota a small apartment in town runs you 800$/month for a partial decent one.

Quote Originally Posted by Snozberries View Post
    I'm trapped in the bowels of Springfield, MA and I don't see any iPod/iPod touch getting mailed to my sorry @$$!!
    Man that is rough. That place is hell on earth

Quote Originally Posted by Delgadeth View Post
    Yeah but you can't spell in English

Default But From Who?
    Whom!

Default your ignorance is really funny!!!!
    Hey, I live in Chile, and let me tell you, 1600 dollar a month is a huge paycheck. Imagine earning over 85000 a year and you`ll have an idea of how much money they earn. Everything is cheaper here. Think about eating a steak por 3 bucks... 1/4 galon of beer, 1 buck. EVERYTHING IS CHEAPER, except technology. We`re paying u$s675 for an ipod touch 4g 64gb. that`s almost half a month salary... So, it`s a GREAT GIFT!!!

do you really think that every country in southamerica is poor? Think again! it would be really funny to see your faces if your ever visit there!!!
    Last edited by papalhorno; 01-25-2011 at 08:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12