Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: YourTube 2 Hits Cydia with Sweet New Feature

Damn,. this is awesome. On my way to download =D

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Does it save HD videos?

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pyromcr View Post
    they have something very similar to this on the app store. its called mitube.
    Or MxTube on cydia. MiTube is no more on Apps Store.

iPhone? More like MyPhone risingkazuya05's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pachi1972 View Post
    Does it save HD videos?

Yup. Make sure u pick the "720p" option.

Very cool. I'll have to wait until I'm running a 4.1 device before I buy it. Actually, I'm holding off on buying anything until I get my new Touch 4G.

Default gremlin?
    When I try installing I get a dependency error saying that I need "gremlin". I searched Cydia for gremlin(yes, I have theapt.thebigboss repo) but I can't find gremlin. Thanks for any help!

EDIT: never mind..I reinstalled the bigboss repo and this time it found and installed the gremlin dependency.
    Last edited by crizo; 09-06-2010 at 02:08 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone yentrog31's Avatar
    Thanks

Not really getting the hoopla over this app,unless it's ease of use.I can see paying a buck to upgrade but otherwise copying,pasting and then converting a youtube vid has been done for ages.Many good free media converters out there and after you convert,drag and drop into iTunes and sync to ipod.Maybe takes 3 steps and you have a mp3(audio only) or mp4(for high quality video)in iTunes.I guess it's a 1 button click society.
    "It takes a rare thing, a turning point, to free oneself from any obsession. Be it prejudice or hate, or, even love"

pulled from cyida?

Works perfectly for me - iPhone 3GS firmware 4.01, not bad for $1

Yeah works great only problem had was videos weren't playing, had to remove the YourTube folder from media re add it and all went swimmingly.

Thought 720p videos don't play for me high/low quality work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky5 View Post
    Yeah works great only problem had was videos weren't playing, had to remove the YourTube folder from media re add it and all went swimmingly.

Thought 720p videos don't play for me high/low quality work fine.
    Yeah same here. 720p doesn't play (says youtube is still processing).

iPad version too?
    My Devices:

iPod Touch 4g 4.1 - Jailbroken
    iPad 4.2.1 - Jailbroken

Hi i bought this for $5 from cydia but the app is not showing on my iPhone,can u help? Although it is showing in packages
    Last edited by Toradoshi; 09-06-2010 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Adding more content

Quote Originally Posted by Toradoshi View Post
    Hi i bought this for $5 from cydia but the app is not showing on my iPhone,can u help? Although it is showing in packages
    There is not a separate icon. It's integrated into the youtube app. You will see a download button.

Not working on my iPhone 4 I download but when I try to playback it closes YouTube app and if I try to play it from the iPod I get only audio any advice is welcome

Am I missing the point here? You can't actualy get all
    the tv shows and movies from
    YouTube on the native YouTube app. So the download option that it puts in YouTube will not let u download movies and tv shows as evryone here is saying. I thought yourtube 2 was a whole new app. I have had yourtube 1 for ages and when I search for films to
    download I only get trailers or clips no more than ten mins long. What gives?

After reading a few responses about this add-on working poorly, I decided to give it a shot anyway. I must say, it works very well, especially moving to iPod.

There was one instance where moving to the iPod didn't work, but I just tried it again and all was well. Now if only they would sync back into iTunes so I can throw the videos on the iPad as well.

P.S., anyone know if there is a way to edit the Title or tag info for the videos we download?

iPhone 4 4.0.1 no issues. Been waiting for this to be upgraded. I'm stoked.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Downloaded file location?
    At first I could not get it to work, kept saying it could not play the file and it would not add to itunes library.

I deleted the downloaded file, re installed and it came back in the download list.

After downloading another video without deleting the first it worked fine, and I could delete the file which would not play as well with no ill effects.

But where are the downloaded videos stored? I would like to find them so I can copy them off my phone and onto my PC.

EDIT:

I found a folder /var/mobile/Media/YourTube which appeared after downloading the second video - must have been a problem with creating the folder when the first video was downloaded.
    Last edited by Wizgnome; 09-07-2010 at 04:30 AM.

Works pretty good for me I just have one problem...I downloaded one (only one) video, just to test it and it worked great, then tried to delete said video and it deleted off the downloads...then I closed the youtube app and re-opened it and checked the downloads list, AND THE VIDEO WAS BACK!...although it wont play so I'm pretty sure its just the thumbnail of the video that comes back even after you deleted it...I would appreciate any help

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast