+ Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: YourTube 2 Hits Cydia with Sweet New Feature

is a discussion within the

iPod News

forums, a part of the

General iPod

section;
Originally Posted by jokimo Can't they make it possible for you to download just the audio file from a video? and maybe add it to the ipod That would be
    iPhone? More like MyPhone yentrog31's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jokimo View Post
    Can't they make it possible for you to download just the audio file from a video? and maybe add it to the ipod That would be sweet...
    -copy the URL of the youtube song you want(recommend this for a tribute DL-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXywSZ-Zdmg)

-get a media converter(mediaconverter.org) is a free fine one

-convert to mp3 and download..mine went strait to iTunes...you may have to drag and drop.....glta
    "It takes a rare thing, a turning point, to free oneself from any obsession. Be it prejudice or hate, or, even love"

Thanks

is there an update for the ipad version too?

WTF!!! THIS IS THE 3RD FREAKIN AWESOME MOD THAT DOESNT WORK ON iOS 3.X. WHY LEAVE USERS IN THE DUST?!?!?
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 09-05-2010 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blunted View Post
    Have you encountered my issue that I posted above Kart? I have no way to get my 2 missing "buttons" back at the bottom of my native youtube app!
    Nope. Mine goes back fine, but having a download app that doesn't download correctly is a waste. I'll stick to the free MiTube. At least that one works.
    HK-Z on Game Center

Thanks

well this just totally f'ed up my phone, not so awesome.

My whole iPod library is gone :S

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SnowLeo View Post
    is there an update for the ipad version too?

WTF!!! THIS IS THE 3RD FREAKIN AWESOME MOD THAT DOESNT WORK ON iOS 3.X. WHY LEAVE USERS IN THE DUST?!?!?
    YourTube does work on iOS3.x. This is a different version to work with iOS4
    HK-Z on Game Center

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nice shot View Post
    I couldnt find MiTube on Cydia. Do you know what repository its under?
    It was on Apples AppStore. As far as I know it's not in Cydia. I got lucky and got it before it was pulled.
    HK-Z on Game Center

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Damn those guys! I mean if you bought yourtube before july you need to upgrade just to make it compatible with your iPhone 4.

Edit: I just read the whole thread and it seems that the update is ****! F THEM!!! I'll stay away from this crap.
    Last edited by M4tt Dam0n; 09-05-2010 at 04:24 PM.
    I'm MYAATT DAAAMOOON!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M4tt Dam0n View Post
    Damn those guys! I mean if you bought yourtube before july you need to upgrade just to make it compatible with your iPhone 4.

Edit: I just read the whole thread and it seems that the update is ****! F THEM!!! I'll stay away from this crap.
    Even though I've had serious problems with it, they aren't under any obligation to give it away for free. It does take alot of work to do this stuff.
    HK-Z on Game Center

Thanks

dude just pay the dollar and chill. Getting the vids in the ipod is a damn nice feature! Just like the mewseek update that lets you download songs and put them in the ipod

edit: nevermind. I read the other posts. Im sure theyll fix it.

Whens this coming to the ipad version!??
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 09-05-2010 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    Even though I've had serious problems with it, they aren't under any obligation to give it away for free. It does take alot of work to do this stuff.
    free? I already paid for the first version. are they gonna charge for each upgrade? my point is that right now I can't download yourtube because its incompatible with the ios4. so that means I paid for an app that does not work anymore and I have to pay again to make it work again. sorry but thats bs. thank to jailbreak there are other ways to get it.
    Last edited by M4tt Dam0n; 09-05-2010 at 05:09 PM.
    I'm MYAATT DAAAMOOON!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    free? I already paid for the first version. are they gonna charge for each upgrade? my point is that right now I can't download yourtube because its incompatible with the ios4. so that means I paid for an app that does not work anymore and I have to pay again to make it work again. sorry but thats bs. thank to jailbreak there are other ways to get it.
    Absolutely agree. When I bought Street Fighter 4 and one camera app from the app store, iOS4 compatibility came for free. so now i have to pay for a app I already bought to just be compatible? thanks but no thanks

12. The Following User Says Thank You to sogmasta For This Useful Post:

bobright (09-05-2010)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Works fine on my iPhone 4 running 4.0.1

Its the one app. I really missed from the old 3.xx days

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bobright View Post
    can anybody confirm these issues are maybe 3GS related only?

does the app work for iPhone 4 users flawlessly? will wait for some more reviews before i go out and purchase
    I have an iphone 4 and i have the same crashing issues.

Thanks

It isn't incompatible with iOS4, this version adds that compatibility AND adds a feature that sends it to your iPod app. That's not just an upgrade, it's adding features to the product too. Stealing the app discourages JB devs from making them in the first place. Locktopus was getting cracked and stolen and the problems that caused was funny because they were asking GoJonnyBoi how to fix his app that they stole.

I've been going back and forth with the developer to fix my issues for the last two hours, that kind of direct support is well worth the dollar. If you don't like the app for what it does, don't be childish and steal it. Walk away. Save your money and spend it on another app that is worth it to you. Stealing isn't going to solve your problems.
    Last edited by KartRacer; 09-05-2010 at 06:58 PM.
    HK-Z on Game Center

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MikePA View Post
    I don't understand how this app can receive such a glowing review yet have these problems. It's like 2 different products were being compared. Maybe the reviewer will comment.
    Perhaps Michelle Essany is a bot? lol

Thanks

No perhaps Michael Essany doesnt mind paying the extra $1 to not only get iOS compatibility but an essential feature that makes it like a whole new app. There are full movies on youtube and now this took the app from a simple downloader to a way of downloading movies and videos and not only making it so you can add those with your normal videos but making it that much easier to actually share these videos with other devices through itunes instead of sshing it out. However I will admitt that Im actually quite pissed off they wouldnt let you get this feature on 3.x leaving me in the dust. I would gladly pay $1 to get this feature on both my iphone and ipad. (Yeah I payed for both versions... seriously stop complaining about apps in cydia costing money because then all these awesome features that makes jailbreaking worth it like wifisync will stop coming out). Just suck it up and pay for modifications thats 10X better than the sh*t work arounds people have to make to follow apples "laws". Your probably just those people that wont pay more than $.99 for an appstore app even though there are PSP quailty apps out there for a fraction of the price you probably paid for those games. Its apples fault that people expect to get great software for free and screws over everyone else trying to sell quality apps. So then after apple realized that they had to rush to add things like inapp purchases and iAds in order to actually help those devs make some money.

But seriously I enjoy getting new cydia mods more than I enjoy getting new appstore apps. I love customizing my iphone and instead of getting a $50 itunes giftcard I will get a $50 via giftcard and spend $30 on apps and videos and then the other $20 I'll put in my paypal and spend in cydia.
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 09-05-2010 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Looks awesome! It was great back in the 3.x days too

iPhone? More like MyPhone VaderForce's Avatar
    Thanks

I have upgraded for the iPhone 4 & I love the new feature of putting the video in the iPod list. I only wish you could edit the title...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

runs nice n smooth.

iPhone? More like MyPhone pyromcr's Avatar
    Thanks

they have something very similar to this on the app store. its called mitube.