Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: A4, Retina Display on New iPod touch

^There's a FaceTime app they said. Obviously it will allow you to connect with friends by using some sort of system (usernames and friend lists?). And you have to be connected on to WiFi to receive the "call". This is where Backgrounder or Insomnia come in handy because then you will always be on WiFi when it's around.

Speaking of which, if you were around WiFi a lot and had it kept on all the time with Insomnia, you could use Google Talk for phone calling and FaceTime for video chat. So it is like an iPhone.

By the way, is the camera only for video?

Hm... they're claiming to have longer battery life than the iPhone 4, yet a much smaller case? How's that even possible?

Quote Originally Posted by cypherpunk View Post
    Hm... they're claiming to have longer battery life than the iPhone 4, yet a much smaller case? How's that even possible?
    iPhone has many more components.
    I'm MYAATT DAAAMOOON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by itouch8112 View Post
    i need to know something.
    Does anybody who has and uses an iPod Touch (any Generation); Are u having issues using the iTunes Store on the iPod Touch? (Doesn't concern iPhone Users)
    i cant update my apps

Does the new ipod touch 4th generation have a mic? cause if it doesnt have a mic then people won't be able to record hd videos with audio unless using a mic headphone but that would be kinda ackward and weird

But other then that, apple has really stepped up the new ipod touch =]
    too bad nano became worse in my opinion

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aznjonathan23 View Post
    Does the new ipod touch 4th generation have a mic? cause if it doesnt have a mic then people won't be able to record hd videos with audio unless using a mic headphone but that would be kinda ackward and weird

But other then that, apple has really stepped up the new ipod touch =]
    too bad nano became worse in my opinion
    Well Facetime would be rather stupid without a mic so I'm going to assume it does.

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

So do all models of the touch get the a4 chip. Just asking because normally the 8gb gets no love.

Hmm, lets see, if i sell my iphone 4 .... get an ipod touch 32gb, and use the rest of the money to get me a good android phone,
    this would be so sweet, best of both world.

Thanks

iPod touch got a huge make over. FaceTime for iPod touch is so cool. I wonder how FaceTime work on iPod touch, since it doesn't have a number to dial.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default How can i make this work with 3G ?
    I am thinking of getting this for my parents, so they can call me on my iphone 4 anytime with facetime for free. I have facetime over 3G on my iphone, but this will be only able to utilise wifi. My parents travel a lot, so my dad usually has his laptop with a 3G USB Modem. If we can now get an app via cydia/rock to use any existing 3G internet line to do facetime on the new iTouch, this is a no brainer for anybody. I might even sell my iphone and get that instead!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tudtran View Post
    iPod touch got a huge make over. FaceTime for iPod touch is so cool. I wonder how FaceTime work on iPod touch, since it doesn't have a number to dial.
    it utilises the email to identify your counterpart.
    Last edited by shaquk; 09-02-2010 at 01:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i like the new touch. 64GB at 399 is a high but reasonable price. it does everything that the phone does minus the phone

looks like i will import one from the US considering it is 69 cheaper than in the UK. why are the still images 960720. If the sensor can capture 1280720.?

Damn, this ipod touch is awesome. Will make a perfect addition to my apple stuff collection

Hmm no update to the iPod classic, big surprise....
    That's good though I like it the way it is, sometimes I think Apple does a little overkill with everything.

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

So do all models come with the A4 chip or is it only the 32Gb or higher?

Quote Originally Posted by Aznjonathan23 View Post
    Yes, it has a mic. There's a pic in apple website which shows the mic right besides the back camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluprint View Post
    At this point anyone who buys an iPhone are going be sorry that they didnt just get an itouch. The iPhone is too expensive in the long run and I would rather use my phone as a phone and not as a toy.
    I object, from my prospective view, the iPod Touch is a toy.

I'd rather much have the iPhone 4 than the iPod Touch since I don't want to carry two separate devices when I can have only one device that does everything.
    Last edited by jose060789; 09-02-2010 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I am actually a little disappointed I bought an iPhone 4 now :/

Quote Originally Posted by shaquk View Post
    I am thinking of getting this for my parents, so they can call me on my iphone 4 anytime with facetime for free. I have facetime over 3G on my iphone, but this will be only able to utilise wifi. My parents travel a lot, so my dad usually has his laptop with a 3G USB Modem. If we can now get an app via cydia/rock to use any existing 3G internet line to do facetime on the new iTouch, this is a no brainer for anybody. I might even sell my iphone and get that instead!!!
    I am holding out for the Skype app to enable facetime, then my parents won't even need to have an itouch since they can skype on their laptop instead

Quote Originally Posted by Colorican View Post
    I'm going to wait until they have one of those back to school specials where I can get one free with a MacBook.
    You mean like a year from now? LOL
    Last edited by sziklassy; 09-03-2010 at 01:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

Technically, u don't need an iPhone 4 better off with the new iPod touch wit FaceTime

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

AWMAGAD!

Whoever reads this, I feel sorry for you.

I've abandoned every iRelated site since last weekend losing my touch at the go karts. I just realized it was not ModMyi's fault, but rather my carelessness when around chicks...

But menz, I come back today to tell you all...E=MC^2 is mine and I'm getting that 32 (or 64 if I can sell my old 360 xD)

I missed you ModMyi, and ty Steve for finally giving the people what they TRULY wanted...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast