+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jobs Wows with New iPod Nano

is a discussion within the

iPod News

forums, a part of the

General iPod

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 565 Posts

Default Jobs Wows with New iPod Nano

Shortly after unveiling the new iPod Shuffle, Steve Jobs moved on to the iPod Nano, which now appears to be a relatively minuscule square device sans the familiar click wheel. Confirming what the rumor mill suggested, the new iPod Nano is now multitouch. It does, however, have hard volume buttons, voiceover, FM radio, podcasts, and the ability to view photos, and Nike+.

Impressive in its compact size, the new Nano is 46 percent smaller and 42 percent lighter than its predecessor. "It's so small, we're able to put a clip on it too, so it's instantly wearable," Jobs said.

Like a Shuffle with a nifty new screen, the refreshed Nano serves up a 24 hour battery life, Jobs noted. It will sell for $149 for 8GB and $179 for 16GB.

It works in 29 languages and will be available in in six colors.

Analogous to other iOS devices, Nano users can arrange/move icons and drag/drop them to the pages of your choosing. The refreshed Nano, as demonstrated by Jobs, lets users scroll just as they would via the iPhone or iPod touch.

SAN FRANCISCO—September 1, 2010—Apple® today unveiled a completely redesigned iPod nano® featuring Apple’s Multi-Touch™ interface that lets users navigate their music collection by simply tapping or swiping a finger on the display. Nearly half the size and weight of the previous generation, the new iPod nano features a polished aluminum and glass enclosure with a built-in clip, making it instantly wearable. The new iPod nano features Genius Mixes, the ability to create and edit playlists, a built-in FM radio with live pause and up to 24 hours of music playback on a single battery charge.*

“This is the biggest reinvention of the iPod nano since its debut in 2005, and we think users are going to love it,” said Steve Jobs, Apple’s CEO. “Replacing the click wheel with our Multi-Touch interface has enabled us to shrink the iPod nano into an amazingly small design that is instantly wearable with its built-in clip.”

The new iPod nano with Apple’s Multi-Touch interface allows users to access their songs, artists, albums and playlists with a tap or swipe of their finger on the display. Holding down a finger returns the user to the Home screen, and users can easily use two fingers to rotate the screen if it is clipped onto their clothing upside down. Users can also customize their Home screen by simply dragging icons from other screens onto the Home screen.

iPod nano also features Shake® to Shuffle™, giving music lovers the ability to shake their iPod nano to shuffle to a new song in their music library. With its built-in FM radio, iPod nano lets you listen to your favorite radio stations, and live pause lets you pause and resume playing your favorite FM radio shows without missing a beat.

With an amazing new design that is nearly half the size and weight of its predecessor, the new ultra-portable iPod nano is a natural workout companion. Clip iPod nano onto your workout clothing, touch your music and start your workout. iPod nano features a built-in pedometer that makes it easy to track your steps and also supports Nike + iPod®, giving users the ability to track runs and workouts.

iPod is the world’s most popular family of digital music players with over a quarter billion sold. Apple’s new holiday lineup includes a brand new iPod shuffle® for just $49; the remarkable new iPod nano with Multi-Touch starting at $149; the incredible new iPod touch® with Retina™ display, Apple’s A4 chip, FaceTime®, HD video recording and Game Center starting at just $229; and iPod classic® in a 160GB model for $249.

Pricing & Availability
    The new iPod nano will be available next week for a suggested price of $149 (US) for the 8GB model and $179 (US) for the 16GB model. Both models are available in silver, graphite, blue, green, orange and pink through the Apple Store® (www.apple.com), Apple’s retail stores and Apple Authorized Resellers. The 8GB and 16GB iPod nano (PRODUCT) RED is available through the Apple Store (www.apple.com) and Apple’s retail stores. iPod nano requires a Mac® with a USB 2.0 port, Mac OS® X v10.5.8 or later and iTunes® 10 or later; or a Windows PC with a USB 2.0 port and Windows Vista or Windows XP Home or Professional (Service Pack 3) or later and iTunes 10 or later.

*Battery life and number of charge cycles vary by use and settings. See www.apple.com/batteries for more information.

Apple designs Macs, the best personal computers in the world, along with OS X, iLife, iWork, and professional software. Apple leads the digital music revolution with its iPods and iTunes online store. Apple is reinventing the mobile phone with its revolutionary iPhone and App Store, and has recently introduced its magical iPad which is defining the future of mobile media and computing devices.

Thanks

wheres the camera?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    wheres the camera?

That's next years model I guess. It's crazy they always slowly piece mailing changes when they had them before.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

App-capable or are you stuck with the pre-loaded ones?

Thanks

I really hope someone comes out with how to make this your new watch...That would be hot.

Green Apple
    Thanks

get a wristband and clip it on....

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Am I the only one that thinks a touch screen the size of four icons is a waste? I suppose if you look at it as being "all screen" now and not any wasted space it's cool.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

8. The Following User Says Thank You to sziklassy For This Useful Post:

mortopher (09-01-2010)

Thanks

That just looks horrible.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to awesomeSlayer For This Useful Post:

moon#pie (09-01-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by awesomeSlayer View Post
    That just looks horrible.
    Lol, the horrible thing is the new iTunes logo

12. The Following User Says Thank You to leathelisor For This Useful Post:

moon#pie (09-01-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bluprint's Avatar
    Thanks

oh wow.... hold on let me get my glasses.

iPhone? More like MyPhone macsoldier's Avatar
    Thanks

the only cool thing I seen was how you can twist the screen to face up so its easier to read, wait are we really getting that lazy lol

Thanks

stupid as your mom. I want the new ipod touch. two camera's is the shizz!

Twitter: @tshoults

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Hmm. Can't wait to see some themes for this.

iPhone? More like MyPhone rugbrn's Avatar
    Thanks

not as sexy as I would expect from an apple product, but still a nice novelty...

I'm ready to see one jailbroken
    Last edited by rugbrn; 09-01-2010 at 12:44 PM. Reason: I can't spell
    I think, therefore I Jailbreak.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

how would you want to go back to the 'homescreen'? doesn't look like there's a button on that

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

I am unable to see the practicality in this. A screen of that size is pretty much useless. You're able to see 2-3 songs/albums/artists from the list at once? I fail to see how this is much of (if any) an improvement on the older version.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,872 Times in 2,211 Posts

wow crazy very small
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You hold anywhere on the screen at it will take you back to the main screen
    Winners never quit, quitters never win

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Ah well, this presumably means a price drop for the older model, which can't be a bad thing.

Thanks

Need to jailbreak it and put Cydia on that sucker....

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    "To unpathed waters, undreamed shores." -- William Shakespeare

24. The Following User Says Thank You to southfrisco For This Useful Post:

moon#pie (09-01-2010)