+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sprint Registers 3G iPod touch Case?

is a discussion within the

iPod News

forums, a part of the

General iPod

section;
My god you guys don't read or go to the sources. First of all, the one in the video is NOT the one that sprint is making. That is a
    Green Apple
    Thanks

My god you guys don't read or go to the sources.

First of all, the one in the video is NOT the one that sprint is making. That is a DIFFERENT CASE that requires a Sim Card. Obviously, the one Sprint was making, which if you read the FCC Documents, DOES use CDMA technology. Clear on that? Good.

Secondly, the Sprint one would not offer voice or texting, only data, and I'm assuming that the other case does the same. If so, there would be no native phone app, only VoIP apps which would look nothing like the phone app on the iPhone, and by the way, VoIP ARE approved by apple, and are one of the flagships for iOS4.

Third, for those of you talking about the sprint case "Why does it have that charger on the side?" If you read, there is no dock connector in there. That charger is for the CASE ONLY. Why? Because that is what is harnessing your 3G signal, on its own battery. You would have to charge that every night separate from your iPod.

Fourth, for you battery life people, this is what iOS4 already does to your iPT 3rd Gen, puts on persistent WiFi, which already dramatically reduces your battery life, so if you have that on, it makes no difference to your battery life.

Please read you guys before you write comments that are easily figured out by reading the first post.

I CAPITALIZED THINGS so you guys can skip to the important parts, since you obviously don't like reading non-important things, like the text around the pictures in the article.
    Last edited by ownerofspam; 07-30-2010 at 04:45 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ownerofspam For This Useful Post:

iAye (07-30-2010), PWNsyst3m (07-30-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ownerofspam View Post
    My god you guys don't read or go to the sources.

First of all, the one in the video is NOT the one that sprint is making. That is a DIFFERENT CASE that requires a Sim Card. Obviously, the one Sprint was making, which if you read the FCC Documents, DOES use CDMA technology. Clear on that? Good.

Secondly, the Sprint one would not offer voice or texting, only data, and I'm assuming that the other case does the same. If so, there would be no native phone app, only VoIP apps which would look nothing like the phone app on the iPhone, and by the way, VoIP ARE approved by apple, and are one of the flagships for iOS4.

Third, for those of you talking about the sprint case "Why does it have that charger on the side?" If you read, there is no dock connector in there. That charger is for the CASE ONLY. Why? Because that is what is harnessing your 3G signal, on its own battery. You would have to charge that every night separate from your iPod.

Fourth, for you battery life people, this is what iOS4 already does to your iPT 3rd Gen, puts on persistent WiFi, which already dramatically reduces your battery life, so if you have that on, it makes no difference to your battery life.

Please read you guys before you write comments that are easily figured out by reading the first post.

I CAPITALIZED THINGS so you guys can skip to the important parts, since you obviously don't like reading non-important things, like the text around the pictures in the article.
    Pwned

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PWNsyst3m View Post
    Pwned
    I think I responded a little too late for anyone to actually see that who posted here before, but I hope some people will see it and either appreciate that I'm trying to solve all questions asked here in one go, or feel like an idiot for not reading the article.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dayvidpriddy View Post
    Please stop calling them "itouch" it's called iPOD TOUCH people!
    imho, b/c ppl like 2 abbrev.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by remag49 View Post
    way to steal att prized possession
    lol.

Thanks

Looks good but the back looks failed.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

great idea. Thank you so much for the post. It's really useful.

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123