Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sprint Registers 3G iPod touch Case?

Quote Originally Posted by bruinsrme View Post
    hmmmm
    Well if it is 4G anyone can pick up a VOIP number and throw in an unlimited data plan Sprint maybe onto something
    Why 4G? 3G would work just as well.

Anyway, this sounds interesting; and worst, it finally gives us an iPhone with 64GB capacity, and at best it'll basically let us share the connection with a laptop (since it's wifi based). I'm just hoping it won't be US only.
    Last edited by cypherpunk; 07-29-2010 at 12:26 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've always hated Sprint, but I gotta say... this is quite impressive. If this came out, I think I would actually go for it. What a smart move. I'm not certain of the reliability of their network as their calls aren't that great here in Richmond, Virginia. I suppose we'll have to see how this unfolds.

I can't believe I'm the only one thinking this but...if you want an iPod touch and want to be able to get online and make calls, there is this small device that's called an iPhone that maybe a better suit...? Maybe I'm just being crazy here!!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thecork For This Useful Post:

Greeneval (07-30-2010), JonnyBoy123 (07-29-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bassface's Avatar
    Thanks

I gotta say that Sprint is making a really smart move here, and it's also really gonna support Apple too. I think that it's just AT&T who's getting screwed in this.
    If this was helpful, or even if it gave you a laugh, click the Thanks button!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cultgti View Post
    I have never seen an apple device with the mini plug on the side.. some thing seems fishy?
    This isn't an apple device....

Are you referring to the micro USB?

That looks nothing like an iTouch case. Nothing at all.

this thing might be just a wifi hotspot

iPhone? More like MyPhone JonnyBoy123's Avatar
    Thanks

Default This is fake.
    Quote Originally Posted by cultgti View Post
    I have never seen an apple device with the mini plug on the side.. some thing seems fishy?
    I saw that too. Something tells me this "case" is a fake one. Ok Sprint might have gotten a case that happens to look like an iPod Touch would fit into it, but it is probly for a different phone! This guy probly saw the case, thought up a hoax he could pass off of an iPod running on Sprints network, developed his own VoIP app, and make a video about it! Now we have people thinking that we can call on our iPods? If this is true, who in the right mind would want to call from their iPod when there is no built in microphone on the device? Seems like a joke or a big waste of time.
     Think Different.

Damn nice, my old iTouch can be used as a back up phone now,

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyBoy123 View Post
    I saw that too. Something tells me this "case" is a fake one. Ok Sprint might have gotten a case that happens to look like an iPod Touch would fit into it, but it is probly for a different phone! This guy probly saw the case, thought up a hoax he could pass off of an iPod running on Sprints network, developed his own VoIP app, and make a video about it! Now we have people thinking that we can call on our iPods? If this is true, who in the right mind would want to call from their iPod when there is no built in microphone on the device? Seems like a joke or a big waste of time.

Maybe that a charge port? I mean the iPod is in the case with the connector connected, so that branches out so you can hook it up to your computer without taking out your iPod? And one can easily add a microphone and speaker to the case, the makers might do that. this might be a hoax, or it might not, oh well.
    Last edited by piston597; 07-29-2010 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by piston597 View Post
    Damn nice, my old iTouch can be used as a back up phone now,

Maybe that a charge port? I mean the iPod is in the case with the connector connected, so that branches out so you can hook it up to your computer without taking out your iPod? And one can easily add a microphone and speaker to the case, the makers might do that. this might be a hoax, or it might not, oh well.
    That's true I didnt think of that! But still I don't understand why this would be for sprint if this requires a GSM SIM card for the network to run. Sprint uses CDMA technology just like Verizon which do not use SIM cards just a satillite to connect to. A lot doesn't make sense here. If anything, this will work on a data plan for AT&T!
     Think Different.

Thanks

Why 3g? Sprint is on the 4g network.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tudtran View Post
    Why 3g? Sprint is on the 4g network.
    Again the case requires a GSM SIM card to run the network. Sprint does NOT use SIM cards, they use a CDMA sattilite based network, almost the same as verizon which is why the iPhone will never come to sprint or verizon due to different technologies. AT&T and T-Mobile do use SIM cards so this will most likely be compatible with those GSM networks only.
     Think Different.

Quote Originally Posted by Nehal3m View Post
    Instead of going after the Touch, why doesn't Sprint try to persuade Apple to allow them to use the iPhone? But then, at least they have an Apple device on their network...
    lol seriously? People are still trying to figure out why HTC gave the EVO to Sprint.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

So this would work with data only right? Depending on the cost, this might actually be worth it for many people. I know plenty who want just a data ready o[pd touch. They could care less about voice, but want to take it everywhere they go so an iPad is out of the question.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

If a phone app is made in Cydia then just get unlimited data, with 3g unrestrictor, and you got phone everywhere you go over internet, like skype. And make a mic and speakers in the case and your set.

Talk about innovation!!! I'm curious to see apples stance on this.

That isn't an iPod touch. It looks like a Chinese iPhone knockoff. I mean, that device has a Phone app on it which is what that guy uses to make a call.
    "To unpathed waters, undreamed shores." -- William Shakespeare

^ of course its not a iPod touch IT'S A CASE

way to steal att prized possession

Please stop calling them "itouch" it's called iPOD TOUCH people!
    "Don't hold it like that!"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast