+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Do You Like to Download From iTunes? Then Don't Move to Illinois!

is a discussion within the

iPod News

forums, a part of the

General iPod

section;
I live in the burbs of Chicago. It's not that we are complaining About being taxed it's about being fiscally responsible with the money you already have! If you can't
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I live in the burbs of Chicago. It's not that we are complaining About being taxed it's about being fiscally responsible with the money you already have! If you can't get it done with the money you already getting then why in the hell would we want to give you more of our hard earned money! Chicago already has the highest sales tax and gas tax in the U.S.! Don't even get me started on the freeloaders who don't even have or plan on getting a job! Why would they get a job when they get free hand outs from the backs of people who already work??

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Here in Arizona, I already pay taxes on downloads. A $.99 iTunes download costs me $1.07.

Thanks
    Wow I can't believe people still pay for music. What's next no free FM radio or TV broadcast? This doesn't effect me in the least bit. If the govt. needs money they sould legalize drugs and tax them. Still wouldn't effect me and might solve a few other problems

oo3
    Thanks

Move to Oregon where there's no sales tax, but very high property taxes.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Eagleye's Avatar
    Thanks

Default No kidding...
    Quote Originally Posted by kraziebone View Post
    this is a horrible idea. Pirating movies and music is already a notorious problem. Please don't incentivize it even more by punishing the few of us left who actually pay for our media
    well said.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

If you get taxed for buying music in a brick and mortar store, then I don't see why it's a big deal at all to pay taxes on music you buy from a virtual store. I would never buy music from iTunes anyway, apple tax + record label share = barely any money for the artist unless you're Lil Wayne.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This is BS.... I know taxes are necessary just cant stand how these stupid politicians spend our money.... Politicians are useless!!! All they do is argue over ******** that nobody really cares about and figure out ways to screw us out of money!! They sure have no problem voting for raises for themselves while were that far in debt, but that's it!!! Cut these assholes salaries and make them pay like the rest of us... And them recieving a salary for the rest of their lives is complete BS... There all a bunch of crooks that do NOTHING for us!!!!

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

What a novel idea! I am sure this won't raise piracy rates...

Quote Originally Posted by Luppin View Post
    If you get taxed for buying music in a brick and mortar store, then I don't see why it's a big deal at all to pay taxes on music you buy from a virtual store. I would never buy music from iTunes anyway, apple tax + record label share = barely any money for the artist unless you're Lil Wayne.
    I agree with you on your first point. On the second, there is barely any money for the artist almost ever. Artists generally don't make the majority of their income from albums. Frankly, those that are famous don't really need it LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Reclipse View Post
    This is BS.... I know taxes are necessary just cant stand how these stupid politicians spend our money.... Politicians are useless!!! All they do is argue over ******** that nobody really cares about and figure out ways to screw us out of money!! They sure have no problem voting for raises for themselves while were that far in debt, but that's it!!! Cut these assholes salaries and make them pay like the rest of us... And them recieving a salary for the rest of their lives is complete BS... There all a bunch of crooks that do NOTHING for us!!!!
    Bitter AND ignorant I see...
    Last edited by sziklassy; 04-23-2010 at 10:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

iPhone? More like MyPhone mfleigle's Avatar
    Thanks

I live in central Illinois and have no problem paying my taxes on purchases. Anything to help pay for the large debt is a good thing. Better than firing hard working teachers and reducing city funds

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stfudvs View Post
    qwood13 + 1

@rkswat, I think you have it wrong, most Americans understand we need taxes, it's obvious, but we want our taxes to be used with controll. but the fiscal controll on capital hill isn't there! the us goverment gas proven they are NOT trustworthy with our money, and that goes for both parties! use our money properly or give us a flat fair tax!

exactly. And government was suppose to implemented by the people and for the people, but we have strayed so far from that its ridiculous. Political figures hold all the power now instead of the people. Its our money not the governments money. We should decide what we do with it once its collected. And I guarantee no one would ok these 10,000 dollar desks and 5,000 chairs for them. Like it was stated before this will just breed more piracy. Thats what the government does.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

This world we live in is in such a mess.... people will continue to complain about paying taxes... why? Because every thing has went up and people are not getting raises and get this.. one family out of six in the U.S. needs help with food for their families....

If this happens it will go to each and every state. I don't mind paying taxes on certain things but I think this is stupid. We own a business and we pay in quarterly.... and when it is tax time we pay in again.... that is all we do is pay!!!!

Why don't they go tax alcohol instead of stuff like this? This stuff don't kill but drinking does! Maybe if they raised the taxes on it there would not be so many people dyeing from it... they did it with cigarettes why not alcohol?

We don't need the government into stuff like this... next thing they will own the internet! This will be bad for itunes and as others have stated there will be more pirating and such!
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 04-23-2010 at 12:13 PM. Reason: spell check

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Thanks

The worst plan ever. What's next? Taxing us for going on the Internet?
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Pirate!! Argh!

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

The thing that most people aren't understanding is that online transactions (usually) elude the state tax. Is this fair? Certainly not if a store you can walk into isn't allowed to elude that same tax.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rkswat View Post
    Sorry but people here in the US are a bunch of freakin babies. They want top quality schools for their kids but refuse to be taxed to pay for it. They want quality public transportation but again don't want to pay for it. Don't some of you understand that one is based off the other. IF you are taxed more for education, more kids will graduate, go to college and get better paying jobs which in turn increases the tax base and so forth and so on. Americans whine about taxes right as the whine about how crappy gov run programs are. Gotta pay to play folks.
    (kinda like the tea bagger that is wearing a don't tax me shirt while she's holding a "don't touch my medicare" sign.)
    No, we want our elected officials to spend our money wisely and efficiently. Which they are NOT doing from the top to the bottom. Anyone with half a brain and an attention span could see that. Get off your high horse and quit stereotyping. Your quip about getting taxed more for schools means more will graduate is completely 100% false. They spent TRILLIONS on education and kids are dumber, think they are entitled to free **** like a college education for getting good grades and expect that out of college they'll make 60k a year. Your 'tea bagger' comment shows your immaturity and so does your continuing tax cycle. That's the problem, they see us as simply someone to fleece money from and to get feel good emotions out of people so they'll reelect them.

Grow up, get some common sense, and learn something other than government mandated material. This is a prime example that government officials don't care about what happens to the money, how efficiently it's spent, or the effect that money has. Just that they want more of it and are finding every way they can to get it. It gets them reelected. Keynesian economics has failed everywhere it's been implemented.

People blast capitalism, but we haven't had that in this country in 80 odd years. This is bullsh*t and I'm glad I don't live in that state. Everyone always talks about spending more money, raising more taxes and never think about BS programs and stupid government workers that could be gotten rid of. We don't need to spend more money and raise taxes, we need to increase efficiency. I lose 28% of my paycheck every week right off the top to taxes and SS. I'll never see SS so that money is effectively stolen from me. How is that fair? Is Congress paying taxes? Is the President? No? Then they need to start. They screw everything up anyway, might as well make them suffer along with us. Pay per performance. Make promises and don't keep them? Don't get paid.

Quote Originally Posted by wolverinemarky View Post
    i agree with u this is the real problem with the country no one wants to pay for anything but get pissed when the govt has to borrow money cause no one wants to pay for the stuff we need. i dont want to pay more for downloads either or internet purchases but i would like my kids to one day go to a good school not falling apart, or roads and bridges falling down around me.

Ok enough whining lets hear more about that iPhone

You already get taxed for that. It's in every gallon of gas you buy. Pay attention to the world around you and demand more efficiency.

Quote Originally Posted by Luppin View Post
    Like the saying goes, give an inch and they'll take a mile. Look at the Patriot Act. Our current president and congressman voted almost unanimously for it. Who gets the blame? The one guy that can't and couldn't make it law. They get away with what you let them. But I do agree, this in't abnormal because you pay tax on it at a store so what's different here?

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Bitter AND ignorant I see... :

And how is that? How's anything he said wrong? You call him bitter and ignorant but don't guve any counterpoint.
    Last edited by KartRacer; 04-23-2010 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone SchmilK's Avatar
    Thanks

I just remembered. Playstation network charges tax for all downloads. Just not sure if it is state or federal.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman75 View Post
    Here in Arizona, I already pay taxes on downloads. A $.99 iTunes download costs me $1.07.
    Same here in Texas... so I don't know what's the issue...

iPhone? More like MyPhone bubba's 69's Avatar
    Thanks

I live in Illinois and I have always been taxed on iTunes stuff. I don't unerstand what this is about unless it's just me that has already been getting taxed.

iPhone? More like MyPhone staterunner180's Avatar
    Thanks

I live in central Illinois (one of the most boring regions ever). This is terrible! Like a few other mentioned above, what with the economy how it is all this is going to do is drive more people to download illegally.
    Quote Originally Posted by lolcats1 View Post
    i will pound you mercilessly with my bacon rod until your your eyes pop out.

Twitter It Up!!

http://twitter.com/staterunner180