Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The iPod Goes To The Dogs... Literally

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default The iPod Goes To The Dogs... Literally

There's lot of things we can do for our pets these days. We can pamper them endlessly, spoil them rotten, and even get them better health insurance than we have for ourselves. And thanks to a new product from Pet Acoustics, our pooches can now enjoy music from our iPods courtesy of My Pet Speaker.

Why is this news? Because a lot of animal lovers (and there are a lot of them) will buy this. I've run the idea past a number of friends this weekend, and some are truly jazzed about it. So why is this speaker system better for our pets than, say, whatever sound system we presently have at home? Well, for starters (and this is according to the manufacturer's claims), given the sensitive ears that our furry little friends have, this animal-friendly speaker system is customized to help a variety of pets listen to the iPod with optimal quality.

The 11-pound omni-directional speaker is promoted as being able to disburses music in 360 degrees so that animals can listen to music just as they would in nature.

The speaker, which is available now for preorder - will run you about $250. From the looks of it, the control mechanisms haven't been designed for your pet to actually select which songs play and at a designated volume. You'll still have to take care of that. Fortunately, however, there are "backside buttons" that will help prevent your pets from actually getting into the operation panel.

My Pet Speaker transforms your personal music library into pet-friendly tunes that soothe and relax dogs, cats, horses, and their people.
    You know, just the other day my horse was telling me that he's really bummed about the lack of quality speaker systems available for barnyard entertainment systems. I'll definitely have to tell him about this.

Default Yay
    Puffy and Dutchs hae been asking for this since CHRISTMAS! They will be so happy now! hahaha

Anybody thinking about getting this for their wives is in for a bit of hiding really. Chuck that thought out now - come on u know u love ur dog more !!!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

My dog would eat it in 15 minutes

Thanks
    Thanked 10,073 Times in 6,153 Posts

Come on, really? lolz

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Messany View Post
    There's lot of things we can do for our pets these days... even get them better health insurance than we have for ourselves.
    FWIW pet insurance is actually terrible, at least in the states. Unless you have no coverage, your insurance is better than your pet's
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

iPhone? More like MyPhone matthew1111's Avatar
    Thanks

If i had a dog, I may consider this..but seeing as i Dont, its wayy to expensive!
    That Thanks button is there for a reason!

Thanks

imagine buying this and then realizing ur dog doesnt like the same music as u

To expensive for a dog toy lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone clikzip's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    My dog would eat it in 15 minutes
    I dont think if I got one it would do much better.
    Add me up on xbox live gamertag clikzip.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i have 3 pits... they'd be more apt to nom nom on that... maybe throw it around a bit... get their money's worth out of it. then i'd be stuck cleaning it up cuz according to them, "Humans are only good for one thing"

wild
    killall Terminal[]

...able to disburses music in 360 degrees so that animals can listen to music just as they would in nature.
    Since when do wild animals in nature listen to
    music? Except, of course, the music of the jungle.

Thanks

Will my pet like Metallica? I don't think so and it is useless.
    Last edited by awesomeSlayer; 02-15-2010 at 03:22 PM.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!