+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Edifier Luna 5 Encore iPod Dock Proves Bigger is Better

is a discussion within the

iPod News

forums, a part of the

General iPod

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Edifier Luna 5 Encore iPod Dock Proves Bigger is Better

The Edifier Luna 5 Encore iPod Dock is perfect for big lovers of music. And I mean "big." In fact, a Tyrannosaurus Rex would find this iPod dock adequate for its listening needs.

The Edifier Lune 5 Encore iPod Dock has been characterized by many colorful words, but "gigantic" and "over-the-top" are among the most appropriate. Proving that iPod docks of this new decade will increasingly exhibit signs of being "conversation piece" if not outright decorative items, this new offering doesn't go big on design and then weak on sound. This bad boy packs the punch you would expect from a device of its size.

From Ubberreview today:
    There are already gazillions of iPod docks on the market, which makes it pretty hard to stand out from the crowd. Except of course for monsters like the Edifier Luna 5 Encore. It’s huge, it looks good and by all accounts it puts the 32-watt sub ,and the four 20-watt speakers that accompany it, to very good use.
    A lot of folks got their first look at this particular iPod dock at CES recently where a host of other peculiar and over-sized docks were similarly unveiled. Like others that aim to go big or go home, the Edifer Luna 5 Encore isn't cheap. You're looking at $250 for the cheapest online deal presently available.

If you're losing count of the outlandish iPod docks that have come down the road in recent months, you're not alone. But while most other elaborate or ornate docks rely on style or novelties for attention, the Edifier Luna 5 Encore iPod Dock relies on sound... and only sound. According to the device's promotional material, the dock is "unique" and dominant over other larger-than-life iPod docks because it offers superior vibration and resonance control technologies in tandem with "low frequency porting and mid-range tuned cavities for smoother cleaner audio.”

All told, this new release amounts to big bucks for big sound... but those who've heard its romping bass say it could also be a big hit.

Image via Ubberreview

Thanks

ive never liked any of the music docks offered for the iphone/ipod. i just connect via an 1/8"-rca to my home entertainment center
    killall Terminal[]

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

"BIGGER IS BETTER"

my self-esteem just went down
    Owner of: iPhone 4S, 4, 3GS, 3G, 2G
    Check out my theme: Metallic Shine HD (+SD) in Cydia
    Leave feedback and thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone spider_romeo's Avatar
    Thanks

This not BIG enough.....

iPhone? More like MyPhone clikzip's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rhekt View Post
    ive never liked any of the music docks offered for the iphone/ipod. i just connect via an 1/8"-rca to my home entertainment center
    Agreed, I like the ability to play music off of my iPhone. But putting it into a dock where i cant pick it up sucks. Using a rca or aux cable is alot more convenient for using it as a media source.
    Add me up on xbox live gamertag clikzip.

My iPhone is a Part of Me tudtran's Avatar
    Thanks

OMG that speaker is gonna blow somebody ears off.

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

id like to hear it in person. too bad i dont know anyone dumb enough to buy that mutant...
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...

Thanks

that is just ugly, but i bet the sound is nice and loud
    Quote Originally Posted by ??????
    Hi. Does anyone know is iBlacklist available in the app store? can it only be purchased outside the app store? If so, is it hard to install? Thanks everyone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone waroftyr's Avatar
    Thanks

that has to be the ugliest thing i have seen all day