Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPod Stool Samples Have Everyone Talking

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,482 Times in 568 Posts

Default iPod Stool Samples Have Everyone Talking

Perhaps that headline was poorly phrased

Nonetheless, samples of iPod stools (that's better, right?) are creating a buzz. Aptly described as an "innovative music experience," The iTamtam dock represents a cross between a bar stool and an iPod dock. Promoted as everything from a decorative addition to the music lover's home, to a posterior tingling music experience of epic proportions, there could be all sorts of interested parties in this new offering. Dvice has put out a nice profile of this most interesting dock that has become a conversation piece more than it is an entertainment accessory.

Most iPod docks look great on a desk, nightstand or counter top. The iTamtam dock sits on the floor, and you sit on the dock. Odd, right? Inspired by a line of stools featured at the MoMA, the iTamtams are docks, stools and speaker systems all in one sleek package.
    Sitting on this iPod stool known as The iTamtam dock may initially seem a little awkward or unusual. And that's because... well, this dock isn't your run of the mill piece of furniture or electronic device. Essentially, the iTamtam dock is both. For now, this iPod stool thingy seems to be getting a handsome amount of attention from trendy music listeners who likely envision Carrie from Sex and The City bringing home one of these things. Unfortunately, the somewhat hefty price tag could prevent many from similarly doing so.

Priced between $400 and $429, they come in a variety of colors and styles, complete with a set of adapters for all your iPod/iPhone needs. You can get a pair for stereo playback, and they come in shades designed to perfectly match your Nano. The iTamtamGo is a portable model that plays for up to eight hours with its Lithium-ion battery.

If you're inclined to a sit on a sub woofer and feel the vibrations of five titanium speakers in all sorts of new places, check out iTamtam.com to find how and where you can get your hands on one of these bad boys.

Images via Dvice
    Last edited by Michael Essany; 01-09-2010 at 11:22 AM.

definitely had me thinking this thing was testing poop samples or something. lol!

this is great i can now get head from my ipod!! or some people might be too fat they can snap it off from the dock!! lets see this great fail

Thanks

So if I sit on the dock and accidentally fall back, the dock connector on my iPhone will hold me! Brilliant.

+1 for the funny title!

Coincidentally, I just hooked up my Bass Shakers to my computer chair yesterday.

Here's a crappy picture of it:

I have the sound outputting from my computer into an amp that drives the transducers. I bought the transducers for about $40 each a few years ago, and the amp I found out in my parents' trash can (never throw away good electronics!).

It's like getting massaged by music. Once you get used to it, you'll never want to listen to/ feel music another way ever again

so will this continue in the proud lineage of other ipod docks, by looking great, and having a horrible speaker that makes you regret the purchase?

Thanks

every unit sold will come with a warning tag. stool users must not exceed 150lbs. this is the dumbest thing ive ever seen, anyone who buys this and uses the "stool" feature deserves to have their tailbones broken when this snaps in half
    Quote Originally Posted by ??????
    Hi. Does anyone know is iBlacklist available in the app store? can it only be purchased outside the app store? If so, is it hard to install? Thanks everyone.

Thanks

That's stupid. I like my iPod, but not that much.

im ready to give my stool....err. oh we're talking about seats. so cleaver.
    killall Terminal[]

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

Handicapper...
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...