Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: H20 Audio Unveils Waterproof iPod Case

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,482 Times in 568 Posts

Default H20 Audio Unveils Waterproof iPod Case

Just imagine how much more time the world's greatest explorers would have spent under water during the last few centuries if H20 Audio had only come out with their new waterproof iPod case a couple hundred years ago. I guess Apple would also have had to come out with the iPod a couple hundred years ago too, but that's beside the point.

Indeed, there's no shortage of music lovers who enjoy the heavenly combination of swimming and music. Thanks to H20 Audio, the new Capture waterproof iPod case serves up a little heaven on earth and proves the ultimate companion for swimmers, snorkelers, and surfers.

From Gizmodo:

The iPod Nanoís camera isnít the greatest, but now I see its virtue: With this waterproof case, itís a perfect surfing companion. Why let someone else capture your painful aquatic bails when you can do it yourself?
    The Capture waterproof case was designed to accommodate the 5th generation Nano. As one would expect from a "waterproof case," the highly polycarbonate lens ensures underwater camera functionality and quality even while the entire device is shielded from the elements. H20 Audio says the the case (and your iPod inside) can be fully submersed in up to twelve feet of water.

The case also includes a nifty little scroll wheel for ease of use and control while underwater, so you can still enjoy your swim and not direct all your focus to changing songs.

Famous surfer Laird Hamilton is endorsing the Capture, but since he's also on H20 Audio's board of directors, any praise should be taken with a grain of salt, particularly since the case isn't even on the market yet. But a water proof case isn't rocket science. And although the initial buzz surrounding Capture's release seems mostly positive, some are complaining about the case's inability to survive lower depths than twelve feet.

Theyíll be available next week for $80, which is fairly reasonable, but they donít include waterproof headphones Ė youíll have to buy those separately.
    Image via H20 Audio

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Michael Essany For This Useful Post:

LEVMAN (12-17-2009)

So how would anyone listen to music underwater? The earphones would have to be waterproof too, I guess?

This is already out in Japan at Yodobashi-Camera.

i wonder if there is an iphone version. that would be nice. lol (making calls underwater)

Quote Originally Posted by unlockingsky View Post
    i wonder if there is an iphone version. that would be nice. lol (making calls underwater)

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

Craziness... I cant say i wont get one though...
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...

Thanks

I must have an iPhone version!

H2O audio has had the iPhone product out a for a llloooooonnnnnngggg time.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Looks like you gotta win at Wrestlemania 87 to get an iPhone version!

Ooooh yeeeaah Brotherrrr!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VenomousSVT View Post
    I think this product is designed for the rain - not underwater. When you're underwater you have to deal with huge amounts of pressure, which I doubt that iPhone case would hold.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    I think this product is designed for the rain - not underwater. When you're underwater you have to deal with huge amounts of pressure, which I doubt that iPhone case would hold.
    Maybe if your scuba diving, but not snorkeling. I have this product myself and it works great. Used it in Hawaii this last summer.
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

13. The Following User Says Thank You to zinjen For This Useful Post:

njp316 (12-17-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zinjen View Post
    Maybe if your scuba diving, but not snorkeling. I have this product myself and it works great. Used it in Hawaii this last summer.
    Nice...now all you need is an underwater mask and you'll be able to take calls underwater. I'm curious, do you manage to get good signal underwater? I'm sure the microwaves go through the water but they probably get weaker the deeper you go.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unlockingsky View Post
    yeah... "hello mom?"..."yes..i'm drowning as we speak..call 911"

Anyway.. i'd like to go scuba diving and record the world down there. I think it would be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by VenomousSVT View Post
    hahaha! what the f*cHk is this?...the iphone phanny pack. all for 6 easy payments of $19.99
    killall Terminal[]