+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: JVC to Release "Uniquely Designed" iPod/iPhone Dock

is a discussion within the

iPod News

forums, a part of the

General iPod

section;
Ever notice how a piece of artwork hinging on the border of unattractive actually becomes sort of attractive just by virtue of flirting with ugly? If what applies to art
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default JVC to Release "Uniquely Designed" iPod/iPhone Dock

Ever notice how a piece of artwork hinging on the border of unattractive actually becomes sort of attractive just by virtue of flirting with ugly? If what applies to art similarly applies to the realm of iPod and iPhone accessories, the new XS-SR3 surround-sound speaker dock from JVC is a veritable masterpiece.

From JVC:

The new JVC XS-SR3 surround dock is a sleek, glossy black speaker tube with a curved design that allows the iPod to nestle between the speakers.
    Almost every outlet affording coverage to the new release from JVC takes a playful shot at its appearance. Such attention, however, is not altogether unwarranted. The dock, after all, closely resembles something you might find on the dashboard of the Batmobile. Appearance aside, this "uniquely-designed" dock is pretty cool and certainly achieves more than just inspiring talk around its presence.

A new JVC iPod speaker system features a unique wraparound design, Dolby Virtual Surround, and a dock that like most docks holds an iPod vertically for music listening, but also can cradle it horizontally - ideal for widescreen viewing of video.
    Functioning as any decent iPod/iPhone dock should, the dock draws only five watts of power, serves up both analog and digital audio inputs, and works with a remote control. If you don't dig the dock for your handset, JVC is happy to report that you can also use the accessory as a computer speaker system.

Once you get past the curved look, which may actually be a selling point for most as opposed to a distraction for others, the dock-makers are obviously less concerned with the appearance than they are the delivery of supreme surround-sound functionality. And at the end of the day, I guess that's all that matters.

Expected to retail for about $150, the JVC XS-SR3 dock will be released later this month.

Image via Dvice

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Michael Essany For This Useful Post:

LEVMAN (12-17-2009)

Thanks

I'd rather spend my money on the Logitech Pure-Fi any day...the sound quality would definitely be better than this crap!

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

$150? Ouch! It does look like it packs some serious sounds though.

Quote Originally Posted by iLaw-One View Post
    I'd rather spend my money on the Logitech Pure-Fi any day...the sound quality would definitely be better than this crap!
    Have you even heard the sound quality of this yet?
    Last edited by hollow0; 12-17-2009 at 06:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hollow0 View Post
    Have you even heard the sound quality of this yet?

No I haven't...but I've used products from both manufacturers in the past and Logitech's always come out tops for products within the same price range IMO
    Last edited by iLaw-One; 12-17-2009 at 06:36 AM.

Thanks

No I haven't...but I've used products from both manufacturers in the past and Logitech's always come out tops for products within the same price range IMO
    oh yeah.. thats def a good enough fact to say that jvc could never be possible of producing something good..

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

I like the way it looks. The price tag is good too for what it offers up in functionality.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VenomousSVT View Post
    oh yeah.. thats def a good enough fact to say that jvc could never be possible of producing something good.. :
    Back in late 2001, Dell had a package deal that was the Logitech Z560 4.1 computer speakers and sub, a Logitech Wingman Extreme joystick, and a set of full-ear Labtec headphones. The whole package was $75. Amazingly, I still have all 3 (still working). The speakers were amazing then and still are now (extremely loud and crystal clear), and I figure the price breakdown would have been roughly $40 that I paid for them.

When I got my 3GS a few months ago, I bought a Pure-Fi Dream for $99 on Amazon. I fully expected it to sound as good or better than my Z560s. On sound, I've not been disappointed in the slightest. My only beef with it is that they ran the antenna wire down the power wire instead of giving it a dedicated antenna, so reception is not the greatest, but I didn't buy the thing to listen to the radio so not a huge problem for me.

I doubt the audio quality of this JVC will touch the Pure-Fi Dream's, but I'm sure it will be pretty decent.

By the way, Gizmodo has an extreme-res close-up of it. Click its image at New JVC XS-SR3 Dock Gets Your iPod Horizontal - Jvcxssr3 - Gizmodo

Thanks

does the same thing just as any other speaker. might as well hook up your ipod/phone to your home bose speaker system. lol. all that overhyping crap wouldn't make me purchase one. lol.

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

Griffin Air Curve FTW! LOL! Who needs stereo anyway???
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Wow...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I would buy Bose SoundDock® Portable digital music system instead!

Thanks

i dont find that these audio systems are worth the cash. especially when you can buy a 3.5 mini stereo connection to rca to any regular or major brand stereo system, and....BAM! instantly you save over $100 .
    killall Terminal[]