Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The iPod Sucks... Literally

Hybrid View

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default The iPod Sucks... Literally

It certainly is an unorthodox place for an iPod dock. But thanks to our friends at Electrolux, doing housework just became a whole lot more interesting.

Electrolux, a popular maker of household appliances, has unveiled the "Silence Amplified," a vacuum cleaner that sports a built-in iPod dock that will "revolutionize your cleaning routine." According to the UK's Telegraph:

The Silence Amplified vacuum cleaner is based on the Electrolux UltraSilencer, an eco-friendly vacuum cleaner with a very quiet motor. It has an iPod dock and integrated speakers built in to the front of the vacuum cleaner, so that people can listen to music while they do their housework.
    Because a belt clip or arm band was just too inconvenient, right?

Electrolux, which has only presented the product line in theory for now, has even created a website that enables interested parties to assemble the "perfect playlist for vacuuming the house." Hoping to generate buzz for the appliance, Electrolux says it could be convinced to actually go forward with mass-producing the product if a million pre-orders are placed.

Good luck with that one. Of course, the people at Electrolux may be onto something with their belief in the power of music when cleaning the house. According to the company's "laboratory tests," those who listen to music while cleaning ultimately clean more efficiently and effectively. Doing so is also said to reduce stress levels and bestow a "general feeling of well-being."

In reality, though, it's evident that the company is simply trying to promote its high-tech, proprietary vacuum technology and not just an "iPod vacuum." If anything, the iPod dock is merely a catalyst for attention to raise the profile of the Electrolux vacuum line, which runs in virtual silence by optimizing air flow and suction.

Vacuum cleaners are not the only household appliances to feature integrated iPod docks. Gorenje unveiled a range of "Made for iPod" refrigerators at IFA, the consumer electronics trade show, earlier this year.
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HjHIqZ1l44I&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_ US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HjHIqZ1l44I&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_ US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Image via UK Telegraph

iPhone? More like MyPhone ithug's Avatar
    Thanks

lol the video makes it look like a good idea but its a waste of money (my opinion)

iPhone? More like MyPhone clikzip's Avatar
    Thanks

interesting idea, I dont think personally I would buy it. Electrolux appliances are very overpriced. Their ranges are like 2k, im going to assume this is a $500+ vacuum

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

That one girl did a cute lil dance there lol. I'm fine with my iPhone in my pocket and headphones in my ear. But it is a cool idea.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hollow0 View Post
    That one girl did a cute lil dance there lol. I'm fine with my iPhone in my pocket and headphones in my ear. But it is a cool idea.
    at 0:19

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Imaging the amount of dust the ipod is going to accumulate by sitting on a vaccuum cleaner.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainChaos For This Useful Post:

jdyates (12-12-2009)

Hmm music over the sound of a vacuum (unless its silent)or earphones drowning out the sound. Hell Bose noise cancellation headphones will most likely cost less than this vacuum.

Thanks

That's so stupid.It will make a great gift for a relative that you don't like.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

lmao. cool idea but such a waste

Blaspheme! I tell you!
    killall Terminal[]

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

Crap
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...