+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Say It Isn't So! iPod Touch with Nano Video Quality?

is a discussion within the

iPod News

forums, a part of the

General iPod

section;
9to5Mac has picked up on reports this morning that the elusive iPod Touch with a built-in video camera may ship as early as this spring. While some (like myself) are
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Say It Isn't So! iPod Touch with Nano Video Quality?

9to5Mac has picked up on reports this morning that the elusive iPod Touch with a built-in video camera may ship as early as this spring. While some (like myself) are saying they'll only believe it when they see it, even if we do "see it," will we want to if the rumor is true? Here's what I mean:

“The iPod touch 3G with camera will allegedly have the same camera as the updated iPod nano, which shoots video, but not still pictures. Although the video quality on the nano is good for a portable device, it can't compare with the video quality of the iPhone 3GS.”
    So let's recap. We wait all this time to finally enjoy the iPod Touch with a video camera and all we will end up with is a video camera that offers the same - shall we say - less than stellar video quality capabilities of the nano?

If so, I'll take a pass.

For this reason, I doubt the latest round of speculation is actually valid. Last September, when the world held its collective breath in anticipation of the new iPod Touch with the long-awaited video camera, few even considered that a new offering would be anything but superior to the nano. If anything, the disappointment of not getting the video cam functionality last September would only have been topped by the disappointment of learning that the iPod Touch will merely adopt the same video quality of the nano.

The report proceeds to state that Apple had originally planned to introduce an iPod touch with a camera last September, but prototypes didn’t make it through quality control.
    To be sure, the iPod Touch will eventually get a video camera. That much seems an inevitability rather than a mere possibility. And although this speculation may be true at least in the sense that video recording functionality is on the drawing board, why would Apple revert from its "go big, or go home" mentality and virtually demote the next iPod Touch with old technology from the nano? It just doesn't make sense.
    We think this particular slice of speculation has legs, it seems to fit what we were hearing both before and after Apple’s September iPod event, and we can’t imagine Apple would want to introduce an upgraded touch this side or soon after Christmas. So Spring seems the next hot moment for such a launch.
    Image via 9to5Mac

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Fail.

Thanks

Just get an iPhone lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iRockish View Post
    Just get an iPhone lol
    Ok, you pay for it then.

Thanks

Screw this. If prices drop by 30% this coming Friday (I am not holding my breath) for the iPod Touch 3G I will be getting one. My iPhone 3G camera with cycorder works just fine as a quick video camera. If I want a quality small pocket sized video camera I'll go with a 720p or 1080p digital camera or one of those nice looking 2G Flips. Being a semi pro photographer I usually carry a pocket digital with my iPhone and on days that I want to use it my digital SLR. iPhone 3Gs camera can't compete here for anything other than throw away pictures and social networking avatars.
    "To unpathed waters, undreamed shores." -- William Shakespeare

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by southfrisco View Post
    Screw this. If prices drop by 30% this coming Friday (I am not holding my breath) for the iPod Touch 3G I will be getting one. My iPhone 3G camera with cycorder works just fine as a quick video camera. If I want a quality small pocket sized video camera I'll go with a 720p or 1080p digital camera or one of those nice looking 2G Flips. Being a semi pro photographer I usually carry a pocket digital with my iPhone and on days that I want to use it my digital SLR. iPhone 3Gs camera can't compete here for anything other than throw away pictures and social networking avatars.
    and what makes you think they will slash the prices for touch 3G by 30%?!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Arent these the same retards that said the new touch was going to have a camera?

They even had a preview pic that looked like someone drilled a hole in the back of a touch and put a lens in it. It was pretty much as stupid as that pic they show there.

I wouldn't trust anything those retards have to say.
    Black 16gb iPhone 4S 5.1.1
    Macbook Air OSX 10.8.2

Thanks

Its true!! Its true! ]-L-[
    killall Terminal[]

My iPhone is a Part of Me tudtran's Avatar
    Thanks

That would be a ***** move from Apple.

Thanks
    In reguards to the still picture problem Perhaps taking a screen shot while u are filming the video would work ........ Just a thought
    I'm so far ahead , that everyday is yesterday !

Thanks

What the heck?! An iPod touch with crappy Nano video?1 Nice move, Apple! I rather get an iPhone...
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I hope this isn't true. I just bought an iPod Touch for a family member just two days ago. =[