Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: TomTom Car Kit Incompatible with iPod Touch

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Havent been following this thread....but....you just contradicted yourself heavily.

Having a simcard in the phone has nothing to do with the GPS functionality.

The cradle DOES have a GPS chipset built in (SiRF Star 3) which is actually a pretty damn good receiver (Much better than the 3g/3gs crap receiver). Which is why it will work with a 2g iphone....which obviously DOESNT have a GPS built in. Its not "enhancing" the signal only.....its creating it.

And yeah obviously if you were using navigation software that had online mapping you would need an internet connection....

But all the good Navi software out for the iphone (TomTom, Navigon, Copilot, etc) store all the maps on the iphone so NO internet connection is needed whatsoever.

Why doesnt it work with an iPod Touch......thats retarded. It should.
    i couldnt of said if any better

iPhone? ... No?... MYphone!!!

"The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on"

Don't much care how it works. Can't say for the Touch as I haven't tried it but I can say that the setup works with a 2g. Perhaps someone would like to try it with a Touch and put this issue to bed.

Quote Originally Posted by charliecat View Post
    Don't much care how it works. Can't say for the Touch as I haven't tried it but I can say that the setup works with a 2g. Perhaps someone would like to try it with a Touch and put this issue to bed.
    hmmm got my carkit yesterday, and i own 2 iphones one 3G and a 2G well ik can say they both work in the tomtom carkit BUT...
    i have a problem on the 2g with sound, the spoken directions are not heared from the build in speaker...very strange though...but navigation is working like a charm

greetzzzz

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kuhndsn View Post
    It does work and doesnt need WIFI... The GPS also works without the SIM chip.... 3G and S have a built in GPS chip. The 2G does not. However, the built in TT chip gets the info and passes the cordinance back to the iPhone thru the cable. Which enables the software running on the iPhone to translate the lat/long/speed to make the software work.

Now.... If you have a 3G or S get a veh cradle for 20bucks and mount it since you already have a gps chip builtin,,, or spend the money and enjoy...

Personally I have tried TT and Navigon... Navigon is much better IMOP...

P.O.B's

DK

Softtrk Sat Tester,.
    Have you tried using it with the sim removed yourself? or are you just making assumptions being that it isnt even available yet

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

big waste of $$
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ima80baby View Post
    Have you tried using it with the sim removed yourself? or are you just making assumptions being that it isnt even available yet
    yes u piece of **** if u remove the sim card and connect to tomtom car kit via bluetooth and open any navigation app like tomtom or navigon it will get a GPS signal on iPhone 2G and 3G!!!! GOD u have to the biggest obnoxious looser i have ever seen!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by haani View Post
    yes u piece of **** if u remove the sim card and connect to tomtom car kit via bluetooth and open any navigation app like tomtom or navigon it will get a GPS signal on iPhone 2G and 3G!!!! GOD u have to the biggest obnoxious looser i have ever seen!!!
    i call bull****! you've tried this on something that hasnt even released yet. and how could you connect it through bluetooth it says nothing of a bluetooth connection on the product description

p.s. you've never seen me
    Last edited by ima80baby; 10-30-2009 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

ima80baby,

TomTom, Navigon, Sygic, and NDrive all works with SIM card removed from my 3GS. Like everyone else have been trying to tell you. You do NOT need internet connection to use these Sat Nav software.

When you use the TomTom car kit, it also lets you use the better GPS chips in it via Bluetooth.

Quote Originally Posted by iMack007 View Post
    Oh ****, you are just too funny!

you really have little idea of the technologies you pretend to understand. ROFL. You've even changed your argument since your earlier post and are trying to focus our attentions on the facts of no Internet without wifi fir the iPod Touch. Great show young man, but you need to study the basics some more. TomTom's kit contains a GPS chip that will certainly enhance the GPS signal that the inbuilt iPhone's GPS receives. Why? Because the iPhones GPS chip is crap...to put it bluntly :-)

back to the comedian....it's people like you that hinder capable noobs of learning much quicker with your misinformation. Please don't hurt yourself responding to this...part of growing up is being able to see and admit you're wrong. LMFAO :-)
    You're totally on point. I noticed he changed his argument when he realized he was wrong also, too bad he was wrong on that also. Good thing I quoted him earlier, he even edited one of his first posts. You're right. Point is, he knows too little about technology to be here talking about it.

I'm officially labeling him a technologic retard.

Default Car Navigation System required: London Taxi Company
    HI ,

We are a taxi company Hummingbird Cars in London. We provide Airport Transfer service from all london airports.

We have recently started our new business and we require to buy Car navigation system or Tom Toms . Can anyone suggest which company is the best and where we can get the best deals.

London Airport Taxi Cab Transfer Service : Your Official London Airport Minicab Car Transfer Service: Airport Cab | Airport Taxi - Heathrow, Gatwick, BAA Stansted, London City, Luton

Thank you

Alex

Update: TOM TOM APP NOW WORKS WITH IPOD TOUCH AND IPHONE 2G + SPECIAL CAR KIT NOW AVAILABLE FOR IPOD TOUCH (79€) BUT WITHOUT FREE SPEECH CONFIG (NO PHONE, SO NO NEED FOR ONE)

Google Übersetzer

ok first off delete that spam entry on top of me. we know you want to drive us from the london airport to the moon - great - if i was the forum owner here that website would get a letter from my lawyer for spamming my forum.

i read this thread and ima80baby must be one of the most annoying stupid trolls i have ever come across in a forum.

stop talking about stuff you do not understand and just keep letting your dad buy you your iphone 3gs and some other toys and shut up.

i will break it down for you:

TOM TOM KIT HAS A GPS RECEIVER BUILT IN - GPS = GLOBAL POSITIONING SYSTEM - THIS GIVES YOU YOUR POSITION BY SATELLITES (THOSE THINGS IN THE SKY - YOU KNOW?!) NO NEED TO HAVE INTERNET BY WIFI (LMAO) AND NO NEED FOR EDGE, 3G OR UMTS

WHY THE TOM TOM KIT HAS A GPS BUILT IN, WHEN YOUR DAD ALREADY BOUGHT YOU YOUR IPHONE 3GS WITH GPS IN IT?! BECAUSE IT IS MORE POWERFUL SO NAVIGATION WILL WORK BETTER - BUT YOU WON'T NEED THIS TO GO TO TOYSRUS ANYWAY - DON'T WORRY YOUR DAD WILL DRIVE YOU THERE.

IPOD TOUCH 1G AND 2G - NO GPS BUILT IN
    TOM TOM APP DOES WORK BUT ONLY WITH TOM TOM KIT (SPECIAL EDITION FOR IPOD)
    TOM TOM KIT DOES WORK

IPHONE 2G - NO GPS BUILT IN
    TOM TOM APP DOES WORK BUT ONLY WITH TOM TOM KIT
    TOM TOM KIT DOES WORK

IPHONE 3G - GPS BUILT IN
    TOM TOM APP DOES WORK
    TOM TOM KIT DOES WORK

IPHONE 3GS - GPS BUILT IN
    TOM TOM APP DOES WORK
    TOM TOM KIT DOES WORK

THANK YOU FOR EXTENDING THIS THREAD AND MAKING PEOPLE WITH KNOWLEDGE LAUGH AT YOUR PETTY ATTEMPTS TO SEEM INTELLIGENT.
    Last edited by blurred; 11-24-2009 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123