Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Palm Hacks iTunes Again with New Update

once again Apple wants to make using iTunes as inconvenient as possible. Took them years to adopt DRM-free content and now they don't want to let you use YOUR music, that you PAID THEM to have, be used in a way that doesn't let them milk you for even more cash.

I hate Apple's business practices but love their products lol :P

Thanks

^What are you talking about!?
    The music you download from apple all gets stored in a folder on your computer.
    you can just manually move the music over to your phone.

Palm is just too lazy to build a syncing program of their own.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Could someone tell me how this is affecting jailbreaking in any way? I just don't see it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone bbillh77's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple is greedy cool the way to go about it is let stuff sync just charge for it ok itunes is free you want to sync your apple device its free you want to sync your ....whatever pay $10 per device and everyone is happy (except us iPhone users who want to jb and get all the cool stuff free)

Quote Originally Posted by Blowfish64 View Post
    Could someone tell me how this is affecting jailbreaking in any way? I just don't see it.
    Everytime they update the jailbreak process sarts over again if they update to cancel the pre it will also cancel jb
    Last edited by bbillh77; 10-04-2009 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iTunes is only popular by default. I don't think anyone thinks it is a great program, except for a few Ed Hardy d-bags.

It's only essential for jailbreak because that's the way Apple laid down the playing field. It's just a crappy music app.

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Apple should make iTunes brick any pre that tries to sync with it
    You can't brick a pre like you can an iphone! Pre users have webOS doctor if anything goes wrong. And apple can suck it with their exclusivity. No itune for pre; no flash for iphone.

Quote Originally Posted by angiepangie View Post
    ^What are you talking about!?
    The music you download from apple all gets stored in a folder on your computer.
    you can just manually move the music over to your phone.

Palm is just too lazy to build a syncing program of their own.
    That's not the point. Apple should be happy to have as many devices as possible sync with iTunes so that more people use it as opposed to Rhapsody or Napster etc. It would be more convenient for all their customers, not just ipod/iphone users.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jdm.accord For This Useful Post:

bbillh77 (10-05-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by Rota View Post
    What they were trying to do is let users keep their preferred music program rather than create their own which would undoubtedly not be nearly as good as iTunes. How is that a bad thing at all?

Go Palm, why does Apple care if something else can sync with iTunes? It's a great program, let others use it and your market will broaden. They always have to be so elitist and cliquish about everything.
    Does palm have their own music sync application? I would never agree on how Apple manager their typical business strategies, but to jump on someone else product just because Palm's app isnt work out is patheticly low.

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

Its really funny that palm is being this underhanded in this situation...
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...

Thanks

why doesnt palm just create there own itunes and enable an option to transfer your purchases to that software instead of working around apple? i used to have a palm centro and the phone sucked, no good games, no good hacks returned it 2 weeks after and got the 3g much better
    Quote Originally Posted by ??????
    Hi. Does anyone know is iBlacklist available in the app store? can it only be purchased outside the app store? If so, is it hard to install? Thanks everyone.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

People, the people who worked for Apple on the iPhone made the Pre so get over it!

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rota View Post
    What they were trying to do is let users keep their preferred music program rather than create their own which would undoubtedly not be nearly as good as iTunes. How is that a bad thing at all?

Go Palm, why does Apple care if something else can sync with iTunes? It's a great program, let others use it and your market will broaden. They always have to be so elitist and cliquish about everything.
    iTunes is not that great of a program to be throwing accolades at it. It is buggy and lags and not to mention unappealing to the eyes. I don't see how it would be difficult to create a better media browser/manager. I never open iTunes up until it is time to install a custom firmware on it or update my media. I manage my music/photos/podcasts/videos through another application that lets me have monitored folders.

I play my movies in GOMplayer and my music with Songbird.

I realize this website covers Apple products exclusively, but that's no reason to give them a pass when they do wrong. Taking their side over Palm here is really the wrong call. Regardless of their motivations, Palm is on the side of consumer freedom and therefore also truth/justice. I'm sure their not being selfless, but they're still doing a good thing anyways.

iTunes, at least for windows, is pretty horrible anyways. The only reason anyone would actually care about this functionality is if they were switching from an iPhone to a Pre -- nobody in their right mind would use iTunes for windows if they could avoid it.

I, for one, am stuck with iTunes because, let's face it, the Pre just isn't that good of a phone. Oh, it's nice in many ways, in terms of software they've done a great job -- probably better than what Apple had at release. But the hardware? It's terrible. The battery life is awful. The keyboard is carpal tunnel waiting to happen and the overall design just leaves too much to be desired.

At any rate, this means that the whole iTunes syncing thing is really just a gimmick. Nobody needs it, but it's a great way to get free advertising every few weeks. Every time there's a story about you re-enabling this feature, it's just a great big reminder to everyone "Hey, we're Palm and we have a phone we want you to buy. And hey, we're sticking up for the little guy too!" So when you make outraged posts like this, you're really just kinda feeding into Palm's strategy anyways. Just some food for thought.

Thumbs down Palm Just Doesn't Understand......
    What Palm is doing is just shameful and makes the company look cheap. Bypassing very clear legal language that states that this practice isn't allowed shows that Palm is desperate for attention. Very sad indeed.........

It is a good topic.I want to say that Palm is not doing anything right. I think its funny. They showed how much unprofessional they are.I will support APPLE.
    no signature links... per our rules

Quote Originally Posted by TC316 View Post
    What Palm is doing is just shameful and makes the company look cheap. Bypassing very clear legal language that states that this practice isn't allowed shows that Palm is desperate for attention. Very sad indeed.........
    Just because they say "Oh you can't use our software" doesn't make it legally binding. For instance, I could say right now that since you're reading my words you owe me $10,000. But somehow I don't think I'd win in any court of law. However, if you think Apple has a point, then please PM me and I'll let you know where you can drop off my cash.

Quote Originally Posted by rickymrtn93 View Post
    It is a good topic.I want to say that Palm is not doing anything right. I think its funny. They showed how much unprofessional they are.I will support APPLE.
    Yes, but that's because you're stupid.
    Last edited by Blowfish64; 11-01-2009 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123