+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: leaked iPod Touch prototype had camera

is a discussion within the

iPod News

forums, a part of the

General iPod

section;
Originally Posted by Xonix09 Do you think apple cares about giving people low blows? I mean they released a new itouch without a camera even though that's what we were
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Periodic's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xonix09 View Post
    Do you think apple cares about giving people low blows? I mean they released a new itouch without a camera even though that's what we were hoping.
    There are a lot of reports that say they didnt because of glitches with the cameras, maybe they dont want to give us a prduct that doesnt work yet? hmm?

why is your "thanked 2 times" in black and bold where everyone elses is orange....edithh its back to normal now

Thanks
    Thanked 1,691 Times in 835 Posts

I'm just having a hard time trying to understand why they didn't put a camera in there (like most of you, I'm sure). Economics? What does that mean? Were they trying to undercut the Zune? Were they trying to minimize construction costs and maximize profits?

It's kind of weird how everyone is still kind of in shock and confusion about it not getting a camera -- it was the logical next step. Personally, if it had a camera I would have seriously thought about trading in my 3rd gen Touch for one. Now I have very little reason to consider upgrading. I thought Apple made their money from people that "trade-up". I mean, my family and I have owned so many iPods that I find some behind the couch with dust and cobwebs on them, or in a box at the bottom of my closet.

Maybe they just kind of dropped the ball because Jobs was sick. Internally maybe they were just confused as to which step to take next without Jobs there. If that's the case, it will be interesting to see how successful Apple will be once he retires, or worse.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbite View Post
    LOL noob, the FM receiver is hardware and last time I checked you can not update hardware via firmware

Although you can use a free app on the app store that does essentially the same thing, its called iheartradio all one word
    Your an idiot. He said activate not update...NOOB @ reading comprehension.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

if u are familiar with macbooks, notice that lil hole to the right of the camera?

on macbooks, thats a mic.

could it be?

Green Apple
    Thanks

umm a while back there was a post about how att was all excited about iphone and wanted the "iphone a year" to be a tradtion and at that point i made a similar comment, apple is going to hold eveyones money hostage pretty much, they have given up on inovation and replaced it with blatant in your face ********....you bet that empty space in the ipod was ment for a camera, perhaps there isnt one there because of quality and that could very well be the case, but it soo like apple to thrive on last year technology but with new paint....IE the 3gs SOOO could have come out when the 3g did but instead they waited until cost per phone went down from like 800 to 300 and in the name of sales they will do it again like this forever, now that they are a not only a contender in the mobil market but a leader...but hey not for long, thing about buisness is the guy that is first always ends up last as someone else picks up the slack....but hey apple realy does have outstanding quality IMO so heres to the next iphone and perhaps a lazer beam forget a camera when you can lazer stuff

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    I'm just having a hard time trying to understand why they didn't put a camera in there (like most of you, I'm sure). Economics? What does that mean? Were they trying to undercut the Zune? Were they trying to minimize construction costs and maximize profits?

It's kind of weird how everyone is still kind of in shock and confusion about it not getting a camera -- it was the logical next step. Personally, if it had a camera I would have seriously thought about trading in my 3rd gen Touch for one. Now I have very little reason to consider upgrading. I thought Apple made their money from people that "trade-up". I mean, my family and I have owned so many iPods that I find some behind the couch with dust and cobwebs on them, or in a box at the bottom of my closet.

Maybe they just kind of dropped the ball because Jobs was sick. Internally maybe they were just confused as to which step to take next without Jobs there. If that's the case, it will be interesting to see how successful Apple will be once he retires, or worse.
    Dude read through the posts read some articles, the didn't put it in because the cameras they bought wern't working. I think apple tends to put customer satisfaction up high they arnt trying to screw us over.

Thanks

[deleted by user]

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

i don't understand how this thing can say it's a genuine like if it was truely one of the new itouches with the camera in it and stuff with the camera in the same place the new itouch has the thing then why is it all scratched up and beat up?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by santaf View Post
    i don't understand how this thing can say it's a genuine like if it was truely one of the new itouches with the camera in it and stuff with the camera in the same place the new itouch has the thing then why is it all scratched up and beat up?
    supposedly the ipod they have is a model that was given to them for a durability test or it was one left over from a durability test which would explain the scratches

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Periodic For This Useful Post:

santaf (09-14-2009)

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

ohh i see i see makes sense then if that is true

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

^^Or the fact that even air scratches the backs of iPods!!

And FrostBite, your a noob!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    ^^Or the fact that even air scratches the backs of iPods!!

And FrostBite, your a noob!!
    I know seriously i hate the backs of the ipod touch i have been thinking about trying a brushed metal effect on it or a sand blasting like technique of course first id buy a replacement back to try it on

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

rhino line it

Thanks

so does this mean that an itouch with camera will come out soon!??

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

nobody knows

Green Apple
    Thanks

I doubt they will bring out an iPod Touch with a camera at all...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lolski View Post
    I doubt they will bring out an iPod Touch with a camera at all...
    They might, but not until next year.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mdc929's Avatar
    Thanks

maybe next year..

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12