Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Sept 9th Event All About the iPod + iTunes 9

Quote Originally Posted by biggie81 View Post
    ok just wondering is that movement app only for mac or can i get it for pc
    mac only
    penisjewface is the name, prostitution is the game.

Default Ipod 3g jailbreak
    I hope that it is possible because it will be released with 3.1 and hopefully it will not have to be signed and u can downgrade if u want
    Last edited by Halo2kid49; 08-27-2009 at 12:46 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Don't count on a public jailbreak right away

iPhone? More like MyPhone mdc929's Avatar
    Thanks

sweet cant wait

I am afraid that itunes 9 will have something that will reject jailbroken ipods or iphones also if they release an ipod touch 3g will it have some sort of software that will reject jailbreaking

Thanks

The exploits that were used to jailbreak all the other devices will obviously be closed, so you won't be jailbreaking for a while (possibly never).
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by angiepangie View Post
    The exploits that were used to jailbreak all the other devices will obviously be closed, so you won't be jailbreaking for a while (possibly never).
    I think that the jailbreak won't happen till the next iPhone is released (unless someone is monitoring .hu server traffic again)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by algojobathosai View Post
    Darn...I just bought ipod touch last month

I doubt it.

Chronic Dev hints at tethered jailbreak for 3rd Generation iPod touch. This is on the ipodtouchfans website. I know its not an actual jailbreak but its a start.

Thanks

^ It's possible doesn't mean it will be released to the public

10. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

Xonix09 (08-30-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    ^ It's possible doesn't mean it will be released to the public
    If a dev makes it it WILL be released eventually.

Thanks

eventually is the key word there. I know that a new vulnerability has been found that might (key word might) be in the ipod3g. But the plan is to save it for the next iPhone just like last Fall. The only reason that it was released last time is because the info was leaked and they were forced to.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    eventually is the key word there. I know that a new vulnerability has been found that might (key word might) be in the ipod3g. But the plan is to save it for the next iPhone just like last Fall. The only reason that it was released last time is because the info was leaked and they were forced to.
    Why would it benefit them to wait for the next iphone?

Thanks

I don't want to speak of what they will do this time but last time their reasoning was to save the exploit for the 3GS.

referring to the tethered jailbreak of the ipod2G
    It is unclear how, but the company known as "NitroKey" is selling this. We were planning on holding back for the new iPhone (which subsequently could mean an iPod touch 3G as well), but now that they are profiteering off of this we would like to explain exactly how this works as soon as possible so people do not have to waste their good money on it.
    read more about the history of the 24kpwn

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I don't want to speak of what they will do this time but last time their reasoning was to save the exploit for the 3GS.

referring to the tethered jailbreak of the ipod2G

read more about the history of the 24kpwn
    Aren't there two or three different dev-teams why would they all hold out? One dev-team has to have the thoughts/hopes of the ipt 3g users in mind don't you think?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xonix09 View Post
    Aren't there two or three different dev-teams why would they all hold out? One dev-team has to have the thoughts/hopes of the ipt 3g users in mind don't you think?
    There is the iPhone Dev Team, the Chronic Dev Team, and geohot. The iPhone Dev Team will hold out and save unless its leaked by someone. The Chronic Dev Team prefers finding vulnerabilities and exploits and passing them off, not actually building jailbreaking tools. ipt3g owners best shot is geohot. If you remember the iPhone Dev Team wanted to wait till 3.1 to drop their jailbreak. geohot came in and released purplera1n which caused the iPhone Dev Team to go ahead with releasing redsn0w. geohot doesn't mind burning exploits because he enjoys the challenge of fighting thru Apple's security.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    There is the iPhone Dev Team, the Chronic Dev Team, and geohot. The iPhone Dev Team will hold out and save unless its leaked by someone. The Chronic Dev Team prefers finding vulnerabilities and exploits and passing them off, not actually building jailbreaking tools. ipt3g owners best shot is geohot. If you remember the iPhone Dev Team wanted to wait till 3.1 to drop their jailbreak. geohot came in and released purplera1n which caused the iPhone Dev Team to go ahead with releasing redsn0w. geohot doesn't mind burning exploits because he enjoys the challenge of fighting thru Apple's security.
    I've known about the iPhone Dev Team and the Chronic dev team. From what you've said about geohot I think they're going to be ipt 3g users best bet at a jailbreak of any kind.

Thanks

geohot is one guy. He is an amazing hacker. Kind of a loose canon but he is great. He better finish hacking the PS3 so he can focus on the ipt3g

Thanks

Sorry Stealth, sounds like geohot's getting pretty frustrated at the PS3... think he's going to throw in the towel?
    And yes, he really is an incredibly talented hacker, unfortunately he doesn't think long term.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by angiepangie View Post
    Sorry Stealth, sounds like geohot's getting pretty frustrated at the PS3... think he's going to throw in the towel?
    And yes, he really is an incredibly talented hacker, unfortunately he doesn't think long term.
    Yea, it doesn't look good on the PS3 front. Rather is view on holding back exploits is debatable whether its fortunate or unfortunate. I know you don't have a 3GS but I do and I would not be happy if at this point I was still waiting for 3.1 to drop before I could jailbreak.

Thanks

Yeah I guess it's debatable, but at the time they didn't think Apple was going to wait this long for the release of 3.1 and most of the countries didn't even have 3GSs yet.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast