+ Reply
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Windows] How to Jailbreak iPod Touch 1G & 2G Firmware 3.0 with RedSn0w

is a discussion within the

iPod News

forums, a part of the

General iPod

section;
Done, Thanks.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Done, Thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Will jailbreak erase touch 2g music and pics on 3.0?
    Hi,

Brand new to Modmyi and Iphone/Ipod Touch. I have one question regarding jailbreaking the touch and 3gs. Will dong the jailbreaking process erase contacts, photos, music? I have a friends touch 2g and will update the firmware to 3.0 via itunes, but I don't want to lose any pics or music that is on their touch so I just wanted to make sure before I tried this.

Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Talking Success!
    edit: sorry, wrong thread

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default same problem
    Quote Originally Posted by Jomann View Post
    Stuck at "rebooting" screen for over five mintues, just after the third faze.

I bet they didn't even test it on a x64 machine did they?
    I will report back after a while, if it doesn't restart i will have to restart it myself.

report: had to restart it myself, no errors when I turned it back on, however the cydia icon is not on the
    springboard. however I believe all the jailbreak files are installed on my iPod I will try to drag cydia into iTunes and sync it to see what happens. will report back in a little while.

just remembered its not an ipa file so nothing I can do, however I believe if I were to either try again or restore my iPod will simply brick (safe brick) and I would have to get special tools to fix it.

If anyone else has this EXACT PROBLEM please reply to this post.

Just tried it on my old computer with xp 32 bit. worked perfectly.

a note to anyone on vista 64 bit you should use windows xp for this on a 32 bit system, or vista 32 bit system for best results.
    i had the same issue
    then i unplugged the itouch and plugged it back in and restarted the program. it skipped the dfu mode cuz apperently my itouch was still in it. and it took like 2 more seconds random fast activity then it said it was all done. i went on to itouch and everything was the same. i cant even get the hdd icon on the itouch screen. not sure why this is happening at all. right now im trying to jailbreak when itouch is at 3.0 firmware and some of my apps and music and pics and such is still on there. Does this have to be done when it is on 100% clean 3.0 firmware? so i believe we both have the exact same issue. i hav 32 bit btw.

great success. iv been trying alllll day on my computer which is vista. finally got it to work...NOT ON VISTA. i tried all day on all versions .72 .73 .8. gahh. then i gave up trying on my computer. and tryed on my moms computer which is a windows xp. got it to work FIRST TRY!! took awhile in the process becuase of using a intel celeron processor when im used to quad core on my machine. but it workd. 7hrs on vista=fail. less than half an hour on windows xp=success.
    Last edited by RatherDashing; 07-16-2009 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

is it possible to jailbreak an ipod touch version 1.1.5?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

WHooooooo! my ipod is now jail broke!
    this beats all the sh1ty tuts on youtube. thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I love it, thanks so much for this guide its perfect =)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Perfect install on iPod Touch 1G 3.0 with Vista x64 and iTunes 8.2.1.6.

I ran the installer in "Compatabilty Mode" set to Windows XP SP2.

All of the apps I purchased with iTunes were restored to iPod after the installation.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!

Awesome indeed, and I am very excited to explore this world. This is my first iPod Touch.

Cheers,
    Mike

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default game data
    hey i'm new here and this questions probably be asked a lot but will jailbreaking cause me to lose my save game data? I've looked on other sites some say yes because you have to restore before JB. but others say no and that you don't have to restore before using redsnow. if someone could clear this up for me it would be very helpful. also will backing up my ipod also keep my save files safe if the JB goes wrong and i have to restore?
    Last edited by Jkouw; 07-22-2009 at 11:33 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

cant find my ipsw file...
    i run XP home edition
    does that differ from pro in any way?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

your ipsw file should be under CDocuments and Settings\(your account name here)\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPod Software Updates

if it is not there then.. well i got no idea...
    hope you get it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok, easier. Just save to your desktop both files. Then it's right in front of you. Later your choice is to delete or save in another area. XP or XP-pro make no difference in this case, however Vista has become an issue for some people.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Redsnow crashes whenever I reach dfu mode; around when the ipod's screen has the message:downloading jailbreak data

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

it do everything it says but the screen just turns from black to white to a back lit black and then nothing happens but redsnow says its done installing. after 15min the screen turns off and i can turn it back on but its just the same no cydia. I've done it 4 times now and its the same thing everytime

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Stuck.
    It got stuck at downloading Jailbreak data , when I was jailbreaking my ipod touch 2G with 3.0 firmware.

Thanks

to everyone having problems finding your 3.0 file in your comp, when i extracted the file i just sent it to the desktop and bam easy access.

oh and i followed it step by step and my ipod wont turn back on

im an idiot i forgot to restore to 3.0 before i started. working and jailbroken
    Last edited by staypuff578; 07-25-2009 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Having Trouble
    i can't find the firmwire file. i navagate to the c drive, click on documents and settings, click on my nake and thats as far as i get. i dont see application data anywhere. im on xp btw. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrAwesome116 View Post
    i can't find the firmwire file. i navagate to the c drive, click on documents and settings, click on my nake and thats as far as i get. i dont see application data anywhere. im on xp btw. PLEASE HELP!!!!!
    try to re-download the firmware file from whatever source you got it from and then when you extract it with winrar send it to the desktop, its the easiest way to get to it. if you want to do it the way you are now then open the search thats available from the windows tab, change the search to the entire c drive instead of just document files and what not, type in ipod and a bunch of **** will come up with the keyword ipod in it and it should be there. then from there right click and send to desktop or just remember that location and when you open redsn0w go at it. hope this helps

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by staypuff578 View Post
    try to re-download the firmware file from whatever source you got it from and then when you extract it with winrar send it to the desktop, its the easiest way to get to it. if you want to do it the way you are now then open the search thats available from the windows tab, change the search to the entire c drive instead of just document files and what not, type in ipod and a bunch of **** will come up with the keyword ipod in it and it should be there. then from there right click and send to desktop or just remember that location and when you open redsn0w go at it. hope this helps
    but i bought the 3.0 update from itunes. do i have to buy it again.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Thanks!
    thanks mate. With ur help i succsesfully unlocked my iPod Touch 1g.
    If I knew were u live, I would come and hug u!

+ Reply
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast