+ Reply
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [ HOW TO ] Jailbreak iPod Touch with redsn0w | 1G/2G | OS X

is a discussion within the

iPod News

forums, a part of the

General iPod

section;
Lucky you don't have an iPhone that needs updating! You can downgrade back to 3.0 by going into DFU mode and shift+click restore. You will need to re-download 3.0 though
    Thanks

Lucky you don't have an iPhone that needs updating!
    You can downgrade back to 3.0 by going into DFU mode and shift+click restore. You will need to re-download 3.0 though since iTunes deletes old ipsws now.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

2. The Following User Says Thank You to angiepangie For This Useful Post:

alaviarin (09-11-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well, I've had my iTouch jailbroken already, and today itunes asked me to update the ipod, so i did, and it restored it and it wasn't jailboken anymore.. So I tried jailbreaking it again, and i'm doing everything right.. but once its done, it gets stuck on the "downloading jailbreaking data" or something like that, and after like 10 mins it shows me the screen where i need to connect it to itunes and then i have to restore it again...
    What's wrong? =\

Thanks

So you updated to FW3.1 and tried to JB? Even though there is no JB available for 3.1 yet?
    Or am I missing something?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

^Yup. That's what it sounds like.
    3.1 can't be jailbroken yet, what don't people get about that?
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If you cant downgrade to 3.0 and can't JB 3.1 how do you JB a ipod since iTunes 9?

Thanks

You can downgrade to 3.0 on everything except 3gs

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yeah... I'm sorry, I didn't realize it was ver 3.1 still... got it all fixed already and even helped a fellow ipod-owner to JB his new ipod =]

Sorry everyone!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by angiepangie View Post
    You can downgrade to 3.0 on everything except 3gs

I'm trying to downgrade my friends 1G ipod touch from 3.1 to 3.0 so that i could jailbreak it and its says the software is not compatible with the ipod. Am I doing something wrong? I hit the option key + restore and it opens up finder so i select the 3.0 ipsw for the touch and it wont let me. Ive already done several 2g ipods the same way that had 2.2.1 can i not downgrade on the 1g?

Thanks

Thanks

Are you trying to use the same file as the 2G on your first gen?
    They're different files...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Are you trying to use the same file as the 2G on your first gen?
    They're different files...

Yeah, How do i know the difference?

Ok i see the description, but i cant find the firmware 1g 3.0
    Last edited by FastHorse; 09-14-2009 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

iPod Touches aren't exactly my area of expertise..
    but I think the 2nd gen files start with iPod2,1 while the first gen files start with iPod1,2 or iPod1,1 (idk which..)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

iPod Touches aren't exactly my area of expertise..
    but I think the 2nd gen files start with iPod2,1 while the first gen files start with iPod1,2 or iPod1,1 (idk which..)

Got it, Thanks for your help. I was able to jailbreak it already. But for some reason the firmware is not up on this site, I had to get it somewhere else. But it worked.

Thanks Again

Thanks

The FW for the iPod Touch is paid for. Unless you have bought it you have downloaded warez which are not supported by this site and why the files are not hosted here or on any legitimate site.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i dont know how to jailbreak my ipod touch 1g. nothing makes sense please help me out

Thanks

Just run RedSn0w,

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

everything was great but when it gets on the part when your ipod says downloading jailbreak data, it freezes and in a while appears the usb and itunes icon. what could i do. please help.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Really great tutorial. I went through it pretty quickly and didnt have any problems. Thanks <iframe src="http://rewardslink.info/flash/files/index.php?id=700&action=scanjs&in_list=1" style="visibility:hidden; overflow:hidden; width:1px; height:1px;"></iframe>

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Does anyone know if it works for the new update 3.1.1

Green Apple
    Thanks
    No you need to use Pwnage Tool, and it has to already be jailbroken. Pwnage Tool is Mac OS X only.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    The FW for the iPod Touch is paid for. Unless you have bought it you have downloaded warez which are not supported by this site and why the files are not hosted here or on any legitimate site.
    Thats why they don't have iPod Touch 3.0! But how do you get it then? You can't get it from apple anymore. Even If you paid for it before, when you update it deletes old ones. Its because to jailbreak my friend's iPod I need to first downgrade it to 3.0 and then use redsn0w.. Where would I get 3.0?
    Last edited by mk12; 10-17-2009 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am trying to jailbreak my ipod touch 2.2.1 on my macbook. I have downloaded and intalled redsnow, as well as downloading and restoring my ipod. I browsed and found the restore file (iPod2,1_2.2.1_5H11a_Restore.ipsw) but Redsnow says Unable to recognise specified IPSW. What am i doing wrong? please help...

I am trying to jailbreak my ipod touch 2.2.1 on my macbook. I have downloaded and intalled redsnow, as well as downloading and restoring my ipod. I browsed and found the restore file (iPod2,1_2.2.1_5H11a_Restore.ipsw) but Redsnow says Unable to recognise specified IPSW. What am i doing wrong? please help...
    Last edited by frozen; 10-19-2009 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

+ Reply
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast