+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPod Nano 5g Sporting Camera in July/September?

is a discussion within the

iPod News

forums, a part of the

General iPod

section;
In the same article as the multiple-data-speed iPhones iLounge published their artist renditions of the next generation iPod Nano -- the iPod Nano 5g. This new version is due to
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,271 Times in 652 Posts

Default iPod Nano 5g Sporting Camera in July/September?

In the same article as the multiple-data-speed iPhones iLounge published their artist renditions of the next generation iPod Nano -- the iPod Nano 5g. This new version is due to be released in July/September of this year and has the major addition of a camera?!?

Other changes include a larger aspect ratio on the screen moving from 1.33:1 to a larger 1.5:1. The click wheel will shrink, have a smaller button, and be moved towards the bottom of the device a bit to support the larger screen.

The artist concept looks pretty good but I have some small issues with it. First and foremost the camera seems to be in a very odd place. Seems to be there would be a lot of accidental covering of the lens when people are trying to shoot photos thanks to its location behind the click wheel. Scratch that. On further observation I think anywhere they put a camera on an iPod Nano would be an odd place. Where its at in the image would probably be the least odd of all the odd possibilities. A camera in the iPod Nano? I though the iPod Touch would be sporting one first . . .

I will however admit that iLounge has a history of being pretty good with getting their artist renditions. They were spot-on with the 4th generation iPod Nano.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'd buy it. It would be great for on the go or at the gym. For the hotties in the tight work out gear!
    Last edited by imode; 05-26-2009 at 06:48 PM.

Thanks

That thing would be impossible to balance in your hand with the click wheel down so far. The one right now is already bad enough.

(And someone tell me why the classic doesn't have an accelerometer yet =/ )

Thanks

probably phasing out the classic and replacing it with the touch.... next version of touch will probably have camera and bigger hdd once again.
    iPhone 3G 16gb white with 3.0b5
    iPod touch 1st gen 8gb
    iMac 20" 2.66
    appleTV 40gb
    PowerBook G4
    iPod 5.5 30gb
    iPod mini 4gb
    dell mini9 hacked with os x 10.5.6

Thanks

Hmm. I don't know. It'd be better to put it in the touch first.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Maybe, assuming this were even remotely true (which I seriously doubt)... you hold the iPod nano upside down so that the camera on the back is at its highest position, and the click wheel on the front is up top.

Then the screen would be automatically adjusted for holding it upside down (as would the images). Then you could hold it like you're "giving a thumbs up" (best way to describe the positioning)... and you could take the picture with your thumb?

Or maybe you hold it sideways like a point and shoot camera with your right thumb on the wheel taking the picture? Actually I see now that the camera is oriented horizontally on the back. making it perfectly set up for horizontal holding and shooting. (Thumb wheel on the right).

Either way I doubt the nano will get a camera before the iPod touch...
    Last edited by royalnewjersey; 05-26-2009 at 10:30 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jaded_lude View Post
    probably phasing out the classic and replacing it with the touch.... next version of touch will probably have camera and bigger hdd once again.
    That's a pretty difficult slip to make without a fundemental misunderstanding of DAPs (Digital Audio Players) in general. Even the very first MP3 players had flash memory instead of HDDs. When the original iPod came around it joined a small minority of HDD-based "jukebox" players but was more popular alone than any one flash player before it. It was only a matter of time that flash because more useful than the early low-capacity HDDs, so Apple eventually made flash-based players up to 32GB (the original HDD-based iPod was only 5GB). They only continue making HDD-based "classic" iPods for maximum capacity at minimum cost but, otherwise, flash has regained its position as the technology the world uses in MP3 players and has held it since Apple first ditched the mini HDDs in the iPod Mini for flash in the iPod Nano & Shuffle (followed by iPod Touch, iPhone, etc).

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

the ipod nano has been growing in size... so what is "nano" about it, again?

Thanks

Bad place to put the camera. My hand would be in the way.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tokyo's Avatar
    Thanks

An MP3 Player with a camera is just stupid.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by awesomeiPod View Post
    What's with the Golden Sun avatar?

iPhone? More like MyPhone djdraco's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah can't agree more with everyone here. but seriously why put it at the bottom? it seems pointless to put the camera behind your fingers.