+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Redsn0w beta official release from Dev Team

is a discussion within the

iPod News

forums, a part of the

General iPod

section;
^^^it does add cydia but no installer... and for good reason
    Thanks

^^^it does add cydia but no installer... and for good reason

iPhone? More like MyPhone Teh H4RrY's Avatar
    Thanks

Wha hey! I hate installer now, They've given up on it. Do any of yours show over a hundred new items in the bubble on the springboard? Its so annoying

Everytime you block a Developer's Ads...God kills a kitten...Change the "Hosts" file...Think of the kittens!

Green Apple
    Thanks

wow this was easy. Thanks DEV Team

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Wroks great
    hey thanks guys. this was my first jail break and it was as easy as i could ever ask for. note to all new people: run the program without the ipod plugged it (so u can't hurt it ) and read through the DFU mode instructions so you know what to do when it starts counting for you. then plug it in and go for it. it is a little nerve racking but if you see an apple logo don't panic just w8 and it will do its thing. thanks again guys. if i can do it then it is definitely easy enough.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by him121213 View Post
    its not like you even have to do anything, you cd into the directory and then run the app. then from that point on it is just return...return...return...done but i guess that everyone has their own opinions.

its actually the exact opposite, when you are using pwnage tool people have noticed a great speed improvement ast compared to a quickpwned phone... see one1's "how to have a blazing fast jailbroken iphone."
    Erm...This is what that thread said "4- quickpwn your phone. This is very important, do not use pwnage. I have ran this experiment 10 times on 2 phones for 2 days..... pwnage CFW slows the system down. quickpwn is the fastest operating jailbreak by far."
    I think you've misread him121213

"Everybody has common sense, but most just don't use it, then you wonder why?" - Neo-Tech

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Neo-Tech View Post
    Erm...This is what that thread said "4- quickpwn your phone. This is very important, do not use pwnage. I have ran this experiment 10 times on 2 phones for 2 days..... pwnage CFW slows the system down. quickpwn is the fastest operating jailbreak by far."
    I think you've misread him121213
    Ehm...

actually the thread is "Redsn0w beta official release from Dev Team", anyway, with Redsn0w bet'o'clock 0.3 , I spent 35 seconds for DFU mode and 85 seconds waiting for jailbroken iPod Touch to reboot.

Quite cool eh?

Thnx a LOT Dev-Team

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

^You timed it, lol. I should have timed mine. I was quite scared when I was jailbreaking, as it finished rebooting and it took ages to reboot, and I thought I was the one who was also affected by the reboot problem! But I wasn't, thank god.

"Everybody has common sense, but most just don't use it, then you wonder why?" - Neo-Tech

Thanks

okay i see what you mean when im wrong im wrong

idk y i remember it that way but ive been corrected TY

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

^That's why I want normal IPSW's with no baseband patch and ONLY the no baseband patch so I get full speed

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This was alot easier than i expected... It was done in like 5 mins or so =D
    Thanks Dev Team!!!!

Thanks

hey guys i have been jailbreaking ipod 2g's for my friends around when quickfreedom came out and this is by far the easiest way but I need you to know something important

WARNING
    THIS ONLY WORKS ON FIRMWARE 2.2.1, I TRIED TO DO IT FOR MY FRIEND'S ON 2.2 AND I HAVE BEEN JAILBREAKING FOR A WHILE SINCE 1.X, I KNOW WHAT I AM DOING AND I READ THIS POST AND THE DEV TEAMS BLOG TO MAKE SURE THE SPECIFICS, AND I ASSUMED KNOWING HOW EXACT AND PRECISE THE DEV TEAM IS WHEN ANNOUNCING NEW JAILBREAK PROGRAMS/UPDATES THAT THEY DO NOT LEAVE ANYTHING OUT AND NO WHERE WHEN I RESEARCHED DID ANYTHING TALK ABOUT FIRMWARE SPECIFICS, BUT I AM CONFIRMING TO YOU

!!!!!!!!! DO NOT USE THIS FOR 2.2 OR LOWER (FOR OBVIOUSLY THE IPOD TOUCH 2G), IT HAS TO BE ON 2.2.1 TO WORK OR YOU WILL BE STUCK AT THE BOOT LOGO AND HAVE TO RE-DFU AND RESTORE AND REJAILBREAK!!!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I LOVE IT GOOD JOB Dev Team...THIS IS REALLY EASY...
    WORKS GREAT 4 ME NO PROBLEM...
    1.1.4 Unlocked & Jailbroken <----THATS WHAT THE NOOBIE SAID

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sliff101 View Post
    hey guys i have been jailbreaking ipod 2g's for my friends around when quickfreedom came out and this is by far the easiest way but I need you to know something important

WARNING
    THIS ONLY WORKS ON FIRMWARE 2.2.1, I TRIED TO DO IT FOR MY FRIEND'S ON 2.2 AND I HAVE BEEN JAILBREAKING FOR A WHILE SINCE 1.X, I KNOW WHAT I AM DOING AND I READ THIS POST AND THE DEV TEAMS BLOG TO MAKE SURE THE SPECIFICS, AND I ASSUMED KNOWING HOW EXACT AND PRECISE THE DEV TEAM IS WHEN ANNOUNCING NEW JAILBREAK PROGRAMS/UPDATES THAT THEY DO NOT LEAVE ANYTHING OUT AND NO WHERE WHEN I RESEARCHED DID ANYTHING TALK ABOUT FIRMWARE SPECIFICS, BUT I AM CONFIRMING TO YOU

!!!!!!!!! DO NOT USE THIS FOR 2.2 OR LOWER (FOR OBVIOUSLY THE IPOD TOUCH 2G), IT HAS TO BE ON 2.2.1 TO WORK OR YOU WILL BE STUCK AT THE BOOT LOGO AND HAVE TO RE-DFU AND RESTORE AND REJAILBREAK!!!!!
    Oh the irony, I did it on my brother's which is running in 2.2.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

know i'm going too eat some food, and hopefully my ipod is tuned on when I come back. I tried with the redsn0w new program, and it worked fine ontill it downloaded the jailbrak data and rebootede. 10 min gone by and still only a silver apple and some sounds now and again, but nothing else.
    What shall I do? Any one...please help my...I new at this, and I dread that I have meesed up my ipod touch.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Looks like your one of those unlucky ones who has got stuck in a reboot loop. A restore is the only way to go.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The zShare mirror for the Mac version of this actually contains the Windows version, it's an .exe file.

Thanks
    redsn0w works great!!!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

F*** the mirrors. They're all old versions, just torrent it from redsn0w.com.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i just jailbroke my brand touch for my birthday today and it worked flawlessly. thanks a million dev team.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

easiest thing i have ever done.
    Last edited by reffreyj; 05-15-2009 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Turns out it did work.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12