Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 69

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iPod Touch 2G Non-Tethered Jailbreak Guide for Mac

  1. #21
    No its nnot brick. Its still in dfu mode.

  2. #22
    iPhone? More like MyPhone s4mb4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Canton, MI
    Posts
    246
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 18 Times in 13 Posts

    sweet. i have something to do this weekend now. thanks.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Brick!
    ya thanks i know,
    but there has got to be a wayto fix it no?
    ~Jayy

  4. #24
    iPhoneaholic xwinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Canada
    Posts
    470
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 26 Times in 24 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by XenonKilla View Post
    BWAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA Are you kidding me? Like 600 steps to do that ***** on a MAC or if you own a PC you can just download QuickFreedom and eliminate all the hassle! Man it's times like these that I remember why I own a PC and not a MAC
    i installed vista with bootcamp on my macbook... i got BSoD last night trying to jailbreak. i turned it back on to my working OSX and then i remembered why i bought a mac.



    anyways i spent like an hour like this last night and at the part where you start rslite with terminal it gave me an error.

    time to do it all over again!!
    I am not a jailbreak n00b
    I like to drink iPhoneahol...
    Circa 2008

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by inimicus View Post
    Regarding "30. Ctrl + Click on the Restore button and navigate to the directory where CustomFirmware.ipsw is located and select it. Click OK and let iTunes will restore the iPod."

    It should be Ctrl + OPTION + Click the restore button.

    And yes, the link to LibUSB is missing.



    You may need to
    Code:
    sudo chmod +x ./rslite
    then enter your password.

    This adds execute permissions to the file... although I didn't need them.
    Hey i gave it a try. and it asks me 2 put my password in but it did not open ./rslite. Dont know what esle to do.

    i tryed it . it told to put my password but then nothing happen.
    it did not open ./rslite ?
    Last edited by Perrosqui; 03-13-2009 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  6. #26
    after i entered my password what do i do next ?

  7. #27
    What's Jailbreak? inimicus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Perrosqui View Post
    Hey i gave it a try. and it asks me 2 put my password in but it did not open ./rslite. Dont know what esle to do.

    i tryed it . it told to put my password but then nothing happen.
    it did not open ./rslite ?
    It's not supposed to.

    Like I said, it adds execute permissions to the file. Then you need to run ./rslite again.

    If you still get the error, try unpacking the file or downloading it again. It may be corrupt.

  8. #28
    Default bout time
    Its about time this came out now all i gotta do is get a mac and im set

  9. #29
    i did it. but it still tells me the same after i input ./rslite again. and i download a new package. and still. anymore advice ?

  10. #30
    ^^^^ just pm me and ill help u

  11. #31
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    24
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Default worked perfect
    Great guide
    worked perfect
    8GB iPhone 3G
    Expensive but lovin

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by xwinger View Post
    i installed vista with bootcamp on my macbook... i got BSoD last night trying to jailbreak. i turned it back on to my working OSX and then i remembered why i bought a mac.



    anyways i spent like an hour like this last night and at the part where you start rslite with terminal it gave me an error.

    time to do it all over again!!
    You got BSOD because that weak POS mac can't handle an OS like Vista. Your better off just sticking to your SIMPLE OS like OSX Hell it's kinda hard to break anything on a MAC seeing as how they don't do anything.


  13. #33
    Thank you sooo much for this, but can i get some help? i got to step 27 and after typing !iBSS221.dfu (i'm doin 2.2.1 so it is !iBSS221.dfu right?) it says OK but i don't get a white screen or anything. i tried the 211 instead and got an error thats why i tried the 221 so ya.. help would be greatly appreciated hah.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by XenonKilla View Post
    You got BSOD because that weak POS mac can't handle an OS like Vista. Your better off just sticking to your SIMPLE OS like OSX Hell it's kinda hard to break anything on a MAC seeing as how they don't do anything.

    i hope you're kidding. otherwise, you sound really ignorant.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by h2a View Post
    i hope you're kidding. otherwise, you sound really ignorant.
    That's cool, I won't take that to heart coming from a brilliant person like yourself

  16. #36
    i did !iBSS211.dfu... no problem.. got a white screen...everything is normal

    then i did the #pwn211ibss.txt !iBSS221.dfu and it turned white again.... this seemed normal

    so i go into itunes and try to restore and when it finally finishes extracting software, it comes back with error (1)

    so i got the bright idea to try to take it out of dfu and put it back in

    but now when i try to go into dfu; every time i get to 9 seconds it boots the ipod

    idk what to do now, i have it restored to vanilla firmware but i cant figure out what i can do to get dfu back

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by XenonKilla View Post
    That's cool, I won't take that to heart coming from a brilliant person like yourself
    yes, clearly you know me well enough to decide what level of intelligence i posses. if i might make a suggestion--- don't act like this in real life, everyone will hate you. but you know what...if you find it therapeutic to attack people online, do what makes you feel better. everyone needs an outlet for their insecurities.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by h2a View Post
    yes, clearly you know me well enough to decide what level of intelligence i posses. if i might make a suggestion--- don't act like this in real life, everyone will hate you. but you know what...if you find it therapeutic to attack people online, do what makes you feel better. everyone needs an outlet for their insecurities.
    Oh yes thank you so much for the advice Dr. Phil. I am sooo terrified that trolls like yourself will hate me. How tragic whatever will I do

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by XenonKilla View Post
    Oh yes thank you so much for the advice Dr. Phil. I am sooo terrified that trolls like yourself will hate me. How tragic whatever will I do
    i like that you call me a troll, when you only have 4 posts. 3 of them being in this thread, one in another thread, all making fun of someone or something. classy.
    Last edited by h2a; 03-15-2009 at 12:05 AM.

  20. #40
    hey!!! both of u stfu!!!

    h2a wins.. just stop clouding this thread

    xenonkilla loses... he is a troll for only having 4 posts and trying to insult someone's intelligence simpliy because they have a mac, (still dont see your logic though)

    if you want to fight about this move it to pm.. even thoughi doubt that xenonkilla is going to since he wont have a chance to publicly humiliate himself that way

    END!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •