Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPod Touch 2G patch released for untethered jailbreak!

Does anyone have a good tutorial for doing this jailbreak on Mac? I have Windows XP on my Macbook, but I really prefer Mac OS X.
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)

I have done everything the instructions above say except install LIBusb because when I first did that, it froze. I am running vista by the way. So I have still tried to go on and when I put the iPod in DFU mode and run RUNME.exe and press enter in that program, it says No iPod Found. What do I do? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by computerwiz514514 View Post
    I have done everything the instructions above say except install LIBusb because when I first did that, it froze. I am running vista by the way. So I have still tried to go on and when I put the iPod in DFU mode and run RUNME.exe and press enter in that program, it says No iPod Found. What do I do? Thanks in advance.
    Download QuickFreedom. I just used it and it worked beautifully. Since you're running Vista, be sure to run it as an administrator. I believe you can right click on the desktop icon and select something like "Run as Administrator". It will ask you to install libusb and to either browse to or download the iTouch firmware. The program is pretty straightforward, except for its instructions to put it into DFU mode. When you get to that part, do this:

1. Click and hold the power and home button for 10 seconds.
    2. Once the screen turns off, release the power button but continue holding the home button.

Your screen will remain off, but your computer should make the connected hardware sound and it will say that its found new hardware.

If it doesn't go into DFU mode the first time:
    1. Click the power button to turn it back on.
    2. If you don't see the boot logo, unplug it, then click and hold the power and home button for 10 seconds
    3. You should now see the boot logo
    4. Try putting it into DFU mode again, but make sure you wait a full 10 seconds each time. Watch a clock if you have to.
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Posts like this are awesome and terrible at the same time. Awesome because, well, we have a new jailbreak. Terrible because we will get tons of noobs not knowing wtf they are doing and posting things with titles like "OMG PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" or "BROKEN IPOD SHUFFLE AFTER PWN BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!''

I am bracing myself.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Quote Originally Posted by Lil_Desai View Post
    Finally lol my friend jumped for joy when i told her about the jailbreak lol she hated paying for all the friggin app and she wanted them pretty badly. I had told her a lot of times that the jailbreak was out and finally it is lol.
    Yeah, I'm sure the Dev's are thrilled you're using the jailbreak to pirate apps.

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Posts like this are awesome and terrible at the same time. Awesome because, well, we have a new jailbreak. Terrible because we will get tons of noobs not knowing wtf they are doing and posting things with titles like "OMG PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" or "BROKEN IPOD SHUFFLE AFTER PWN BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!''
    Don't forget, you were once a noob too. Even the Devs themselves were once noobs and asked these questions (only there probably wasn't anyone to answer their questions ). Hopefully, when someone asks a noobish question or does something stupid, someone will be kind enough to answer their question and they will learn from it and not have to ask that question again. I'll admit it does get annoying when you have a thousand people asking the same question over and over. That's why people need to search the forums and read the whole post and the responses before asking their own question cause someone else might have already asked it.

Remember, you might teach a noob something today, but he might teach you something tomorrow.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lightmaster View Post
    Download QuickFreedom. I just used it and it worked beautifully. Since you're running Vista, be sure to run it as an administrator. I believe you can right click on the desktop icon and select something like "Run as Administrator". It will ask you to install libusb and to either browse to or download the iTouch firmware. The program is pretty straightforward, except for its instructions to put it into DFU mode. When you get to that part, do this:

1. Click and hold the power and home button for 10 seconds.
    2. Once the screen turns off, release the power button but continue holding the home button.

Your screen will remain off, but your computer should make the connected hardware sound and it will say that its found new hardware.

If it doesn't go into DFU mode the first time:
    1. Click the power button to turn it back on.
    2. If you don't see the boot logo, unplug it, then click and hold the power and home button for 10 seconds
    3. You should now see the boot logo
    4. Try putting it into DFU mode again, but make sure you wait a full 10 seconds each time. Watch a clock if you have to.
    has anyone else tried this? i wanna do it on my friends phone but don't like that its a setup.exe file. is it safe? anyone? (besides the guy who posted it)
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

Averello posted it originally:

Quote Originally Posted by Averello View Post
    The Morning I Jailbroke my iPod Touch 2G with a painless process.
    It is for windows xp and it is called QuickFreedom !
    All is automated.
    You just put yor iPod when needed in DFU mode!
    I Found on Touch Mania. And To be exact
    HTML Code:
    http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155875

The QuickFreedom right away http://ipod2g.info/main/
    I THINK I HELPED!

For Macs (I used VMware Fusion) I didn't find something with GUI yet. . .
    I downloaded it and scanned the setup.exe file with Symantec Corp before installing it. I jailbroke my brother's iTouch 2g this morning with no difficulty at all. So far, about 7 hours later, by brother hasn't reported any problems with his iTouch at all. I'm only one person, but I had a perfect success with it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smirkis View Post
    has anyone else tried this? i wanna do it on my friends phone but don't like that its a setup.exe file. is it safe? anyone? (besides the guy who posted it)
    Yes, this is safe. I just did it to mine and it's working flawlessly.

Thanks

Guys, a touch 2G jailbreak guide for Mac coming soon. Doesn't use a tool, so all manual but quite noob proof!

Thank you so much for the instructions. You all kick ***!

I followed every instructions from quickfreedom until the last part restoring the custom firmware. it says error on the last part. kindly help.

RUNME.exe not working? for me what do i do please help

Quote Originally Posted by pafamfam View Post
    I followed every instructions from quickfreedom until the last part restoring the custom firmware. it says error on the last part. kindly help.
    Are you sure you put in into DFU mode? It has to be in DFU mode instead of RESTORE mode. I'm not a fan of how they say to put it into DFU mode. The easiest way is:

1. Make sure your iPhone/iTouch is plugged in.
    2. Click and hold the POWER and HOME button for 10 seconds (count "One Mississippi... two Mississippi..." etc. Its better to hold it for more than 10 seconds than to hold it for less)
    3. Release the POWER button but NOT the HOME button, continue to hold it for another 10 full seconds.
    4. You should hear your computer make the annoying connected hardware sound, but your iPhone/iTouch screen will remain off.

If it doesn't go into DFU mode, then you didn't hold the buttons long enough. Just try again until it works.

Tried this threads method, didn't work so went to Quickfreedom. *Flawless* now I can reboot my device ;-)
    Best Regards,
    Steven Myers

Like AppleIT said QuickFreedom is the easiest. If you have access to a Windows computer, use QuickFreedom, it will save you a lot of headaches.

Well im running Vista...C++ but when i install the lib.... and click RUNME.exe it says no ipod found and my mouse and keyboard dont work...but if i uninstall it i click RUNME.exe it says it need the lib....dll file installed so i cant JB it>>>>i need some help please

Quote Originally Posted by Lil_Desai View Post
    Finally lol my friend jumped for joy when i told her about the jailbreak lol she hated paying for all the friggin app and she wanted them pretty badly. I had told her a lot of times that the jailbreak was out and finally it is lol.

GTFO, scum. Why are YOU excited about your friend getting to pirate software? Also, why did you tell said friend that there was a usable jailbreak before there was?

Quote Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
    GTFO, scum. Why are YOU excited about your friend getting to pirate software? Also, why did you tell said friend that there was a usable jailbreak before there was?
    Maybe he knew before you did? I find out about things very quickly before most people in Apple even do about the releases. It's nothing surprising to me if someone does before myself as information is always lurking open to viewable eyes.
    Best Regards,
    Steven Myers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast