Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The new Shuffle... same price... half the size!

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Default The new Shuffle... same price... half the size!

Apple has introduced the new iPod shuffle which is half the size of the pervious model....smaller than a AA battery! One new feature added is VoiceOver,2 which gives it the ability to speak to you in 14 different languages including English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Mandarin Chinese, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish and Turkish. It can tell you the artist name, song title and playlist names. The price is still $79 but now you get 4GB worth of storage!! You might be asking yourself with a smaller size does this mean half the battery life? No this is not the case as the battery still holds 10 hours of playback time. The new shuffle comes in silver and charcoal. It is on sale today so go out and grab one!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/c63_ZEH6IMo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/c63_ZEH6IMo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Edit: The iPod is now controlled through the in line module of the earbuds as shown in the picture. The +/- buttons are for volume and the middle section controls track selection and pause/play depending how many times you "click it". This could be a huge draw back for people wanting to use aftermarket headphones with this device as your only other option is the Apple In-Ear Headphones with remote/Mic ($79).
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 03-11-2009 at 10:26 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

sn0ws (03-11-2009)

Livin the iPhone Life SharpieBandit's Avatar
    Thanks

Teh VoiceOver is nice, but I still like having a screen and plenty of storage. I can't see myself ever buying a Shuffle. And, its TINY I'd break it or worse, drop it between the seats! I'd never find it.

Edit: My first first post on a thread ever. Haha. I just *had* to say it.
    I'm at school of all things too. Haha.
    Steam ID: gentrytj
    Origin ID: gentrytj
    Gamertag: TJ McHoonigan
    PSN ID: TheWyzeMan
    Twitch.TV: TJ_McHoonigan

formerly known as arturpokusin playful_cyanide's Avatar
    Thanks

It looks nice, but where are the controls? Am I missing something or are there no visible controls?

well that was a slap to the face. You have to have apples eraphones with a built in remote to control it. You can't use other earphones if you want to pause and actually control the device. Personally, I think they should have made the remote similar to the PSPs remote, where you connect the earphones to the remote, and the remote plugs into the device.
    Last edited by playful_cyanide; 03-11-2009 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Don't forget to hit
    Get your custom MMi Signature's here!

Join the MMi \/\/AVE experience

Green Apple
    Thanks

looks dope good for running or boarding and at 79 bucks it wouldn't b the end of the world to break it, I wasn't a big fan of the previous shuffles but since the iphone came out I didn't see a need for something like a 40 gig to carry music around, I mostly use pandora if I am going to carry a bulky mp3 player it's gonna b my iphone.
    Thanks for the heads up

Quote Originally Posted by playful_cyanide View Post
    It looks nice, but where are the controls? Am I missing something or are there no visible controls?

well that was a slap to the face. You have to have apples eraphones with a built in remote to control it. You can't use other earphones if you want to pause and actually control the device. Personally, I think they should have made the remote similar to the PSPs remote, where you connect the earphones to the remote, and the remote plugs into the device.
    I know what you're sayin, I liked the first ipods with the same style where you had the control that had a head phone jack that could use you're own or apples,
    Last edited by sn0ws; 03-11-2009 at 09:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by playful_cyanide View Post

The earphones are the remote. If you go to the apple store, you'll see those exact headphones displayed in the picture along with the different gestures commands.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ale_lock For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (03-11-2009)

I hate apples headphones. you can not run with them in your ears. I will stick with my older shuffle.

Thanks
    why would you need ur mp3 player to tell you the name of the song you saved in it
    but still it is amazingly small
    good work lads of cupertino

It looks sweet, kinda weird without the buttons etc, but clean and crisp none the less. You can't argue with the 4g Memory either.

I wonder if they'll be selling headphone with the volume adjusters cheaper now... I'd like that... especially if they are compatible with the iPhone. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by adeel akmal View Post
    why would you need ur mp3 player to tell you the name of the song you saved in it
    but still it is amazingly small
    good work lads of cupertino

Just in case you just add a bunch of songs at once and you really LOVE one and really HATE another... You'll know excatly where to go to delete it.lol
    Last edited by BenzoHartt; 03-11-2009 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

It really would be a great addition to my useless collection of Apple products
    Acquiring it is a MUST DO!

hi,poseidon79 do you play fifa online for pc? coz there's a dude online with the same name just wanted to know.

Edit Poseidon: Nope
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 03-11-2009 at 01:44 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

boo

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

DX Never liked the shuffle. I couldn't stand not having a screen to look at. And now, not only does the Shuffle not have a screen, but no buttons either? WTF?
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by BenzoHartt View Post

Found it... $29... and has a mic for use with the iphone. :-)
    You CANNOT use these headphones with the iPhone. For anyone looking for another set for your iPhone, do not buy these.

Quote Originally Posted by APPLE'S WEBSITE
    The remote and mic are supported only by iPod nano (4th generation), iPod classic (120GB), and iPod touch (2nd generation). Audio is supported by all iPod models.

Just a heads up.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to royalnewjersey For This Useful Post:

BenzoHartt (03-11-2009)

Guess I missed it while moving too fast. :-( $79 bucks it is. I'll edit the previous post.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Shuffles are great for active people who don't need 160 gig bulky iPods. While I am fairly active, I need a screen so I can chose my own music instead of always being stuck on shuffle.

Thanks

Is the life expectancy of the "new" earphones greater than three weeks now?
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

This iPod would be very useful for going on runs or doing anything active. I personally like the small size and don't mind the no screen. The headphones are pretty cool too! I'd buy this if I had money to spare and just to use it while I run or something.

yes you can used this with the iphone but the volume does not work,pretty much just like the stock iphone headphones

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    These things are going to have choking hazard warnings on them one day...

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to m4rk4zuk1 For This Useful Post:

BenzoHartt (03-16-2009), imnothardcore (03-13-2009)

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I always found shuffles to be too small. This is one tech gadget that I think doesn't need any more downsizing.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast