+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mophie Juice Pack for iPod Touch 2G, Double Your Playtime!

is a discussion within the

iPod News

forums, a part of the

General iPod

section;
    Thanks

Thumbs up Mophie Juice Pack for iPod Touch 2G, Double Your Playtime!

Recently, I reviewed the Mophie Juice Pack 3G, which was an awesome external battery for the iPhone 3G which doubled its juice. Now, Mophie has recently launched the Juice Pack Touch 2G, which is an external battery option for iPod Touch 2G.

If you look at the pictures and site description, they look quite similar - but there’s a massive difference.

The color scheme is the same as the Mophie Juice Pack 3G but the dimensions vary greatly! This is due to the fact that the battery Touch 2G Juice Pack houses the battery at the bottom instead of back. This means that though it maintains the thin design of Touch 2G to a great extent but adds a lot to the height. Another reason for this could be the headphone port. In the iPhone 3G, the headphone port is at the top while in the Touch 2G, it’s at the bottom. As you plug in the Mophie, it will insert the headphone pin into the port, disabling the speaker, which means that the only way to listen to any kind of music or noise will be plugging in the earphone to the Mophie’s output. I don’t blame the company for this as the design by Apple makes the task really complex to achieve.

Another gripe I have with this Juice Pack is though it doubles the battery it puts the iPod on “power“ rather than “charging” it. It charges the iPod only when it’s attached to a PC, with iTunes installed, at the same time. When I asked the company about the issue, they informed me that the iPod Touch uses a different resistor from iPhone that causes it not to “charge”.

Overall, I have not had as great an experience with this Juice Pack as I did with the 3G one - but it’s still on my iPod all the time as I play a lot of games. So, if you’re the same, the minor defects won’t hurt you. You can get the Juice Pack 2G from Mophie for 99$, which is a bit more but I recommend it to the regular users and iPod gamers.
    </pre></pre>

iPhone? More like MyPhone s4mb4's Avatar
    Thanks

no give away for this one???

Thanks

Looks nice, but a bit too pricey considering other alternatives...

Thanks

Huh? there was a review about this one ages ago lol.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AppleDummy View Post
    Huh? there was a review about this one ages ago lol.
    yeah right like a month or two

My iPhone is a Part of Me JAG2621's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adeel akmal View Post
    yeah right like a month or two

On the 3G jucie pack there was. What he is saying now is they have made one for the 2G! They only had one for the 3G then. pay attention.
    If anything was usefull a thanks would be great!

Thanks

Read, read, read.

iPod Touch 2G is what this is for... It's in the first line and title. Just FYI, everyone.
    Last edited by ALL DAY; 03-03-2009 at 01:31 PM.
    Respect your elders.

Thanks

Ahh i see wasnt bothered to read everything my bad.

Sorry for that.

Thanks

^Wasn't directed toward you, just everyone in general. Didn't mean to sound mean.
    Last edited by ALL DAY; 03-03-2009 at 01:26 PM. Reason: hmmm
    Respect your elders.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow! How can people use soo much battery that they need an external power source. I'm constantly on my iPhone and it has never ran out of battery, got down to the 10% warning but I'm home before the battery dies so I put it on charge. I carry my USB cable anyway just in case it runs out I can charge it through college PC's.

If you ask me, people are way too moany over iPhones battery life.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Thanks

^You're also running a 2G, which is known to have much better life than the 3G due to AT&T's sometimes weak 3G which causes the phone to have to work a bit harder when going between 3G and EDGE. My 2G still wrecks as well, though. I can get 6 days of life out of it with slightly below average use.
    Respect your elders.

Thanks

A.T: iphone 3g uses more battery then 2g iphone. also everyone has different uses for their phones which uses different battery consumption.

im holding out for the mophie 3g air charger. alot thinner and doubles as a case!
    iPhone 3G 16gb white with 3.0b5
    iPod touch 1st gen 8gb
    iMac 20" 2.66
    appleTV 40gb
    PowerBook G4
    iPod 5.5 30gb
    iPod mini 4gb
    dell mini9 hacked with os x 10.5.6

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by s4mb4 View Post
    no give away for this one???
    Coming soon...

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh I thought the new iPod and 3G were supposed to have better battery life than the iPhone 2G and Apple improved it through softwre updates.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sayam View Post
    Coming soon...
    Cool! Make us do a lot of work for this site to win!

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    Wow! How can people use soo much battery that they need an external power source. I'm constantly on my iPhone and it has never ran out of battery, got down to the 10% warning but I'm home before the battery dies so I put it on charge. I carry my USB cable anyway just in case it runs out I can charge it through college PC's.

If you ask me, people are way too moany over iPhones battery life.
    I don;t have battery issues either, but then again I also don;t check/write emails constantly. There are people that have their screen active at all times and the thing is never in sleep mode due to it getting so much use. I can see battery life being a problem for such users. If you don't use the phone enough to drain the battery in a day's use, this product obviously isn't for you...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

I drain my battery a few times a day sometimes..... I have unlimited talking and I do use it... and also play some games and email etc...... LOL I bought it to use it and I do.... )

"Always remember your special and unique!"

My iPhone is a Part of Me lightmaster's Avatar
    Thanks

Is this Juice Pack compatible with the iTouch 1G? I know there is a small difference in the size of the 1st gen iTouch and the 2nd gen iTouch, but will the 1st gen fit inside this? If it is compatible, I think this would be well worth it since I use wifi and play games enough on my iTouch that I have to charge it every day and a half.
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default You dont need it.
    If you need to charge it once every 1.5days then you can charge it over night. This is designed for people whose batteries run out in 5-7 hours or during their day. As long as you remember to charge at night you dont NEED a 100 battery charger. I made my own for the 1g for about 12 bucks that works fine for emergency charging with 4 rechargable AA. Its not as pretty but it gets the job done.

Green Apple
    Thanks

This is cool. Although, I personally wouldn't use something like this unless it was for an airplane ride or something. It really defeats the original design of the product.

I agree with A.T, people complain WAY too much about battery life. Most of us are near a car, or a computer, or an AC outlet for 90-95% of our day. If it's THAT big of deal, just bring a cable with you instead of lugging around a 5lb case