Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: redsn0w Released: iPod Touch 2G Busts out of Jail

Quote Originally Posted by bookem15 View Post
    Does anyon know if they are going to come out with a program that will do this easier or is this the way we have to do it.
    As the Dev Team said they would not release the tethered version unless they had exhausted all other possibilities, my guess is this is it.

People complained when they wouldn't release the tethered version - now they complain that they have.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

I dont have an iPod Touch 2G, but for the people with it on windows, you guys do know you can use iRecovery to send the files while in DFU mode...

I don't know what to extract and where do I rename the stuff to jailbreak my ipt2g

theres is no program where is it????????? or it is only for mac. ??????

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dooley19 View Post
    This is nothing compared to how we use to unlock and jailbreak our first generation iphones when they first came out. This is a piece of cake compared to that.
    Yes and no at the same time. Back in the day, it was complicated, but this process is tedious because the computer has to always be present.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I think that the dev team is biting themselves in the *** simply because of all the complainers now... it was a good call for them to ban users who ask for tech support...

This is a point of concept, there is really very little usefulness to it. If you need to ask how to do it, do youself a favor and just don't...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

If I had a 2g I would be very happy right now

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default irecovery and pc
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy523 View Post
    I dont have an iPod Touch 2G, but for the people with it on windows, you guys do know you can use iRecovery to send the files while in DFU mode...
    When I went to the irecovery wiki, is states that it is for mac. am i missing something?

edit: nevermind I found it on a different website. thanks.
    Last edited by NewKlNGjames; 02-02-2009 at 12:25 PM. Reason: found app i was looking for

Need an update for it to be unteathered

Quote Originally Posted by Ben193 View Post
    Need an update for it to be unteathered
    Not going to happen - they said they would NOT release the teathered version unless they had exhausted all other alternatives.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

i am trying to create custom ipsw with pwnage and it keeps coming up with no firmware bundle found then when i browse and open the stock firmware it says wrong firmware anyone have ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Ben193 View Post
    its tooooo complicating. no program. sucks!!!!
    Sucks? Do you realize how hard these guys have been working? Let's see you try to make this.

BTW, I'm glad they got this far because without a doubt the new iPhone will be using this, if not newer, more secure hardware
    Last edited by n00neimp0rtant; 02-02-2009 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Yay I'm jail broken finally i used a different method but it works perfect
    iPod Touch 2G jailbroken (untethered)
    Macbook Pro 3GB ram 2.5 GHz Colorwared Black with Red Apple Logo
    iMac 2GB ram 2.6 GHz
    HP Touch Smart 2GB ram

wow what a long night!! lol i just successfully jailbroke my friend's ipod i am going to make a video tutorial for the rest of you who are having trouble

i hope there is a windows soon

Default winows version
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbones123185 View Post
    i hope there is a windows soon
    i found a video on you tube about a windows version i havent tried it yet but if you want to try it

part one:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuaAgYy_rjQ&feature=related]YouTube - How To Jailbreak A 2.2.1 iPod Touch 2nd Gen With Redsn0w PART 1[/ame]

part two:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu6B_dR7pWQ&feature=channel]YouTube - How To Jailbreak A 2.2.1 iPod Touch 2nd Gen With Redsn0w PART 2[/ame]

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

So with the videos above being removed is it safe to assume that ther is no version that will work on windows??

20. The Following User Says Thank You to bookem15 For This Useful Post:

JStraitiff (02-03-2009)

ya lol i guess it is

but i tried his method but it only works up until you have to send the patch files

there is the possibility of it working because you could use xpwn to create the ipsw then send the patch files with irecovery but i haven't had any success with irecovery but then again i am not very good with windows i generally use macs so if someone could figure out how to do it im sure alot of you would be pretty greatful wouldnt you
    Last edited by JStraitiff; 02-03-2009 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast