+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help! How to move contacts from iPod to new MacBook

is a discussion within the

iPod Nano (1st & 2nd Gen)

forums, a part of the

Older iPods

section;
Help! My MacBook died on me and the info on the hard drive was apparently irretrievable. All my contacts are still on my iPod, but I've heard I cannot sync
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Help! How to move contacts from iPod to new MacBook
    Help! My MacBook died on me and the info on the hard drive was apparently irretrievable. All my contacts are still on my iPod, but I've heard I cannot sync my iPod to my new MacBook, or all my contacts will be gone.

Most of the music I bought from iTunes, so I don't mind it if my iPod music is deleted, but I do want to have access to my contacts.

Two questions:
    1. If I sync my iPod with my new computer, will all my contacts be deleted?
    2. Is there any way I can upload my contacts from my iPod to my new MacBook?

Christmas is coming and I would love to add and update the contacts on my iPod Nano. Any ideas about how to get the contacts on my new MacBook besides re-entering everything into my new computer (which is what I assume I otherwise have to do).

Hope someone reads this cry for help. It's my first forum entry. I'm feeling slightly desperate.

LS

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,269 Times in 652 Posts

1.) When you sync it *should ask you if you want to merge or overwrite contacts. select merge

2.) Uh if i rmbr correctly then yes. Make sure the ipod is set up to be used as external hard disk. Plug in. You should see it pop up as a hard disk on your computer. Browse it, open the folder named "contacts" and copy the vcards to your computer

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cody Overcash For This Useful Post:

lsudhaus (12-05-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thank you so much! I am a little nervous about doing it though, and I don't know how to set the iPod as a hard drive and such, so I'll wait until my son gets home from school and can help me. That would be so great if it worked!!!!

Re: 2) Sorry, but my son didn't know how to set the iPod to be an external hard disk. Where do I do that?
    Last edited by lsudhaus; 12-01-2008 at 06:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost