+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help my 3G become once again what it used to be.

is a discussion within the

iPod Monochrome (4g, 3G, older)

forums, a part of the

Older iPods

section;
Here are the specs of my iphone. Model No - A1241 (makes it a 3G) Version 4.2.1 (8C148) Model MB489B ( i read this is an 'old boot rom' ...
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Here are the specs of my iphone.
    Model No - A1241 (makes it a 3G)
    Version 4.2.1 (8C148)
    Model MB489B ( i read this is an 'old boot rom' ... i have no idea what that means)
    Firmware - 05.15.04

It is essential for me to use apps such as 'line' and 'imi ha' ... amongst others.
    Today I was using my iphone on the train and the battery ran out. I recharge/restart when i get home. All of a sudden, downloaded apps stop working.
    I decide to delete them and reinstall , which i have done before. ( i dont have back ups as time machine is not set up. )
    But now I cant download them as it says i gotta have ios 4.03 or something.
    My iphone is currently not jailbroken.

But I want it to be, I want to do what it takes to be able to use the apps I used to. Theres no way i should be a new iphone just because apple stop upgrades for the one i have.

So, can some one tell me how i would jailbreak this 3G with the above model and firmware , so that i am able to get to 4.03 or above.
    I had looked into it a couple of years ago, but read that my model was specifically difficult to deal with.
    Thanks.

Sorry i meant 4.30
    Last edited by bigadz_s; 10-15-2012 at 11:22 AM.