+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Change IPod 2gen to USB host

is a discussion within the

iPod Monochrome (4g, 3G, older)

forums, a part of the

Older iPods

section;
Im looking for way to change my iPod to USB host where I can save my pictures from xD card to ipod then change the USB to USB stick and
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Change IPod 2gen to USB host
    Im looking for way to change my iPod to USB host where I can save my pictures from xD card to ipod then change the USB to USB stick and iPod to write files back to USB stick.

I have Camera Connection Kit as I got IPad 3 gen but I don't want to get jailbreaked as I did it before but springboard is misbehaving and crashes often so I restored it straightway and changed to jailed as I like it this way.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyComputerMan View Post
    Im looking for way to change my iPod to USB host where I can save my pictures from xD card to ipod then change the USB to USB stick and iPod to write files back to USB stick.

I have Camera Connection Kit as I got IPad 3 gen but I don't want to get jailbreaked as I did it before but springboard is misbehaving and crashes often so I restored it straightway and changed to jailed as I like it this way.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
    the iPod doesn't have native USB host enabled on the board.
    Also iOS 5 doesn't natively support any kind of USB host for iPod/iPhone (only iPad).

The ONLY way to use the CCK on an iPod/iPhone is via the Jailbreak tweak "CameraConnector"
    and it's still kinda buggy at the moment. (USB storage not working yet).

How to Use the iPad Camera Connection Kit With the iPhone or iPod Touch