Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: Internet Sharing With Linuxis a discussion within the
iPod Linuxforums, a part of the
iPod Computer Softwaresection;
Ever lost your wireless card while running ubuntu and wanted a quick and easy setup to tether to your ipod? I have, so here's a tut to show you how:...
08-17-2011, 01:33 AM #1Internet Sharing With Linux
Ever lost your wireless card while running ubuntu and wanted a quick and easy setup to tether to your ipod? I have, so here's a tut to show you how:
1. Make sure Ubuntu is up to date. I've had some problems with older versions in ubuntu not working with this.
2. Make sure your ipod is jailbroken and ubuntu can mount it.
3. Open terminal and runCode:
iproxy 2222 22 & ssh -p 2222 -D 8118 [email protected]
4. Open firefox and go into Edit>Preferences>Advanced>Network>Settings
5. Now click Manual Proxy Configuration
6. On the Socks Host: line 127.0.0.1 is the host name and 8118 is the port
7. Make sure Socks_v5 is ticked, then press OK and close the preference window.
8. Now type about:config into your url bar, a scary message should come up talking about voiding your warranty. Just skip it. > (I've done this several times and I'm fine, just don't mess around in about:config too much)
9. Now search for dns and double clickCode:
11. Browse the Interwebz!
Many thanks to Nikias Bassen and Paul Sladen for making iproxyI'm a little teapot. That is sooo damn funny :
07-02-2012, 03:52 AM #2
Since the Internet is a large network composed of smaller networks, it made sense to break the address space into smaller chunks. Network classes enable us to break down this address space.Linux has routing functionality in the kernel itself which makes it an ideal choice for as routing box.One simple way of sharing the internet connection using linux is using the IP forwarding feature of the kernel and network address translation (NAT).Web vulnerability scanning
Last edited by natasha90; 07-30-2012 at 02:47 AM.
07-03-2012, 08:35 AM #3
Well, I agree with natasha90 in that matter
09-06-2012, 04:29 AM #4
Linux program has a very highly effective IP collection designed into the os. Linux program itself has the ability of redirecting your lan to the internet with NAT or System Deal with Interpretation (explain NAT). In the Linux program globe this is often known as IP Disguised.