Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
11-03-2009, 08:53 PM #1help my ipod deleted itself and freezes itunes
I have an ipod classic 120gb that I bought last summer new from apple... It's been working great until yesterday... I was in the subway and I went to turn my ipod on and when I did I found that all of my songs had magically erased themselves, it showed 0 songs, but in the about section it showed 30.4gb of space still occupied but that's impossible right? Because the ipod showed NO songs... So I called apple and I was taken through troubleshooting steps and put the ipod into disk mode in order to restore it (because it would freeze itunes everytime I plugged it in) after the restore I synced it and went to play a song on it and again it showed 0 songs and 30.4gb of space taken... Called apple back and the guy told me my ipod is out of warranty (I didn't get applecare [dumb I know but I have it on all of my other apple products]) So since apple frequently doesn't know what they're talking about I figured I'd ask you guys:
1)What's wrong with it and can I fix it myself???
2)I have an ipod video but the headphone jack is busted can I swap out the hard drives and logic boards if I can't fix the classic?
THANKS FOR READING AND SORRY I'M A LITTLE LONG-WINDED
12-01-2009, 06:35 PM #2
screw it, i just bought a 64 gig touch instead
12-18-2009, 11:48 AM #3Easy fix!
No HD swapping no nothing! Easy. If your ipod is already backed up to itunes this will work great! There is hardly any risk (there's nothing to loose anyway) though I will take no responcibility for damage!
1. Find a magnet (Stronger=better)
2. Rub it around the whole back of ipod for about 20 secs to make sure the HD is erased
3. The iPod shouldn't turn on (It is erased)
4. Before placing the iPod into disk mode, you should verify that it is charged.
5. Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Set it to Hold, then turn it off again.)
6. Press and hold the Menu and Select buttons for at least 6 seconds until the Apple logo appears.
When the Apple logo appears, release the Menu and Select buttons and immediately press and hold the Select and the Play/Pause buttons until the Disk Mode screen appears.
7. Plug into itunes and restore!