Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IPod touch not charging?! HELP?

Default IPod touch not charging?! HELP?
    Ive had a fourth generation iPod touch for a year now. I've always charged it in the wall outlet (with my USB in an outlet adapter thing). Recently when I plug it in it will say 'Charging not supported with this accessory'. I looked it up on Apple and it said that this pops up when you try to charge it with a FireWire product but it is not and I have been usin the same thing for over a year now and it has worked fine until now. So does anyone know why this is happening or how I can fix it? Thanks!

Clean the charger, if that doesn't work I would just buy a new one, but of that doesn't work you should go to an apple store and get a face to face answer. Bring the charger and I pod touch. (when cleaning use a toothbrush)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Oh it's sad to know that your I pod touch is not charging. May be the socket has been not plugged properly with the device. Sometimes there is also a need for cleaning your charger . May be that will be the reason that it's not been working. In this case if this also doesn't work then you can contact the expert over here.

Thanks

Try charging the iPod with the USB plugged into a computer.
    Try charging in airplane mode.
    Try using a different plug and/or adapter if you can get your hands on one.
    Try restarting the iPod.
    Try cleaning the dock area where the USB plugs into the phone (but be careful not to damage anything in there).
    Are you using an OEM USB/wall plug? If not, can you borrow one and see if it will work?
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Yeah try to charge it on USB plugged into a computer.
    If it’s don’t work then you have problem in your battery or your charging socket may be damage.