Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can't copy songs from itunes to ipod

Question Can't copy songs from itunes to ipod
    I have a new computer and installed itunes and music. However when I connect my ipod it shows up but I cannot transfer songs from itunes to it. What is the cause of the problem and possible solution?
    Thank you for any help!!!

Under the music tab is the box checked?

You may need to click on authorise this computer first.

Is it possible that you have a different iTunes account for the iPod than the one you use for the iPad?
    Technically, they should still transfer (as far as I know) but might not play. But since I have never owned an iPod, I cannot say for certain.

Quote Originally Posted by green7o7o View Post
    It's because your iPod can only be synced to one computer at a time unless you enable the Manually manage music and videos option from under your iPod's summary tab. However, this method of syncing is much different from having iTunes automatically sync content for you.
    So in order to sync your iPod with the new iTunes you'll need to copy the music from your iPod over to your new PC and then erase and sync it.
    For more information on copying content to an iPod manually see this article how to transfer or copy music from iPod to PC.
    Hopefully this works for all of you like it just worked for me!
    Try to reinstall itunes, maybe the driver for your ipod is broken/corrupted.

Insufficient space on the drive is one thing that can cause that error to appear. So just check it. Anyway otherwise you can use other software to transfer your content instead of iTunes!

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

7 month bump? Lol. I think he solved the problem from the looks of it.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

Quote Originally Posted by lan0.sky0 View Post
    Is it possible that you have a different iTunes account for the iPod than the one you use for the iPad?
    Technically, they should still transfer (as far as I know) but might not play. But since I have never owned an iPod, I cannot say for certain.
    But you can follow these step-by-step guide about how to transfer songs from iPod touch to computer, including the non-purchases songs. It's easy to understand and works pretty well for my iPod.
    For PC:How to transfer music from iPod to iTunes on PC
    For Mac:How to transfer music from iPod to iTunes on Mac
    You erase all the music on the ipod? That would avoid the security routines because the ipod has no music for the initial sync and later, all the music on the ipod came from that one computer.
    Last edited by tylcr; 12-23-2012 at 02:31 AM.

Sure you can do the same and can copy them at any other location .