Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ipod2iphone. does it work

Default ipod2iphone. does it work
    hey there. i just saw a website that sells this case in which it converts ur ipod touch into iphone .. does it really work or it is just a scam ?? check the website iPod2iPhone - Home

Well, I became suspisious until I saw it said it is for jailbroken devices. Now, the basic idea of texting and voice calls on an iPod isn't exciting, because there are apps for that, but to me this looks like it is possible. For one, if someone can run Droid software on their iPhone, I think running iPhone software on an iPod might be possible. Also, the case claims to have a SIM card holder. To me, this means there still are fees that you have to pay from using up your SIM card. And finally, if it doesn't work, you still have a protective case that charges your battery. So I guess you could also look at reviews on Google or YouTube to see if it's a scam or not, or you can just try it out and lose some money. Hey, if it doesn't work, you can tell people also so they don't get scammed. Well, I hope I helped a little.

-Ryan

Oh yeah it's real all right I watched it on YouTube
    iPod touch 4, 4.3.3 jailbroken with redsn0w
    iPod touch 2, 3.1.3 jailbroken with spirit
    hp pavilion dv6500, ubuntu 11.04, 2GHz dual core amd turion 64bit 2gb ram with nvidia graphics
    compaq presario v2000, 512 mb ram 1.8GHz amd mobile sempron, windows 7

It's called Apple peel 520.
    The 2nd generation is for Ipod touch 4.
    Check this site, it's for $119 + free shipping.
    Yosion's second-gen Apple Peel 520 support GPRS for ipod touch4 [25054] - US$119.99 : slickgate

I got mine about two weeks ago, from peel520.net. It does have a SIM card slot and it works very well. A few minor bugs: import of ringtones doesn't work, bluetooth same, and from one (only 1 so far) of my contacts sends texts in English but I receive them in Chinese !?! And it's my son, so I can verify easily that he is sending properly! This bug apparently goes back to the first generation devices and while they promise a fix "with a simple software update", it hasn't happened so far.