+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Solar Surge Ipod Touch Apple Certified

is a discussion within the

iPod Accessories

forums, a part of the

General iPod

section;
Why aren't people talking about the solar surge for the ipod touch? Well I guess I will tell you all about it. I bought a solar surge a month ago
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Solar Surge Ipod Touch Apple Certified
    Why aren't people talking about the solar surge for the ipod touch?
    Well I guess I will tell you all about it. I bought a solar surge a month ago from novothink. I love this thing, you can charge either by sun or INDOOR lighting, I was really happy when I found out that it charges indoors in artificial light. It also has the ability to charge at the same time when it is syncing to the computer. And the earplug can be plugged in without any problems.
    I really like that I can just slide my ipod touch into the charger and then slide it into my pocket and go. It is very portable and durable.

Now about the technology side, it has the solar panel on the back side of the charger, and it is very glossy and clean looking. It also has the LED charging level signals and lets you know when it is low on battery life. And when the ipod touch needs juice the solar charger automatically knows and when it is done, it stops the solar from over charging the ipod touch which keeps the ipod touch from overheating, because it has a thermal sensor and battery level sensor.

I personally recommend this product...I wish I could afford the iphone because they also sell it for the iphones. You can purchase the solar surge from livecofriendly.com

Thanks

I got mine, today. I got black.

I charged it up, first time: 3 hours as recommended.

It works fine. I am looking forward to using it while backpacking. It doubles the battery capacity, and it recharges in sunlight or in overcast sunlight.

I hope it will not be a dirt magnet, however I will probably have to carry it in a ziploc bag for backpacking. I did read they will have accessories for it soon.

Maybe a backpack shoulder strap case? Belt cases are not great for backpacking.

It seems bulky, in hand. But it looks like a big cellphone.

That is a good thing, because it doesn't not have the "gotta steal it" cool factor of Apple brand recognition.

The instructions say it will sync in place, using it's own cord. Good!

My Apple sync cord is coming apart where the wire goes into the iPod connector, and, Apple made my DLO cord obsolete (eg. approved, then NOT) with an iTunes "upgrade".

It has an app at the Apple Store: Solar Planner app that requires 3.1 so I can't report on it because I have 3.0 and iTunes 8.2 because iTunes 9.0 crashes my netbook.

I think the black case looks very cool.

Why does it have a blue interior? Why not neutral gray to compliment the black case and solar panel? I wonder, can I paint it inside there? Huh?

I have heard there is an electric blue case available at the Mac World booth, in San Francisco. It will probably look really good.

That is my "review" so far.

edit: I thought I should add, Novathink Surge is an Apple Certified Accessory. Unlike that "Brand X" solar charger, recently sold online, this one does not overheat or destroy the iPhone/Touch battery. I have used this one long enough to know that is true.

Here is a nice Blog with further information.

Here is a YouTube unboxing video:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pvj3sRTQInc"]Solar Charger for iPhone[/ame]
    Last edited by geekgrrl; 02-12-2010 at 11:24 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by krugle View Post
    Yes, that's is a cool gadget, very portable, not bother you when you are using iPod touch or iPhone. There is a solar battery case for iPod touch on Greenbaba.com. Also, they sale solar case for iPhone 3G(S) and solar case for iPhone 4.

Is this case certified by apple?oh and are there any iPod touch 4g solar cases that are?