Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPod Dock extender

Default iPod Dock extender
    I bought this:

SendStation - Products - Dock Extender

because i was using an otterbox case, and it needed the extension to make the dock usuable. Just like it says, zero features, most wanted. Works great, except for 2 minor things.

1 - the male end of the connector was a little crooked, like it was manufactured wrong, and as such the ipod sat at a bit of an angle...nothing major, just kinda odd.

2- the design of the extender is such that in order for my case to fit, i had manually grind down the top 1/8 inch of plastic all the way around. The design looks great, but doesn't accommodate hard plastic form fitting cases, so modifications will be necessary.

overall though, except for the minor things, the thing works perfectly and allows me to keep my ipod and iphone in their cases, and still use the universal dock, which is all i wanted..

pry

Default ipod dock extender with Otterbox
    I too have an Otterbox case for which I bought a Sendstation dock extender. How did you manually grind down the top 1/8" of plastic on the dock extender?

Thanks!

sorry for the VERY delayed reply.

i worked as a tool and die maker, as such i had a small, dremel type grinder, which i put an abrasive stone in, and ground away.

took 2 minutes, worked great, looked like hell

pry

works great my bro got it