Page 6 of 42 FirstFirst ... 45678 16 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ITS BEEN PWNED!!!!! | Release of PwnageTool OSX + Windows

Quote Originally Posted by wine_guy View Post
    There is no "jailbreak" option, it's just part of the pwn process.
    Thanks! Looks like need to restore from 1.1.3 to 1.1.4 and pwn my phone!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I read the previous post saying that the BL files were included in the Pwnage tool I googled it and it took me to a bunch of torrent sites. So if the file is included in the tool can you please point me to how to locate it.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ian_frs View Post
    I read the previous post saying that the BL files were included in the Pwnage tool I googled it and it took me to a bunch of torrent sites. So if the file is included in the tool can you please point me to how to locate it.
    i don't think it's included in the tool. you do have to download it separately. you can find the link on iclarified.com and its instructions on pwnage

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jtesnani For This Useful Post:

ian_frs (04-03-2008)

Bootloader Version

If you found yourself recently downgraded to 3.9BL (without your consent) by running buggy software, the iPhone Dev Team comes to the rescue. With BootNeuter you can freely go back and forth between bootloader versions. Now you can truly restore your iPhone to its out-of-box condition.
    Found that at http://wikee.iphwn.org/sgold_bootrom:bootneuter

not sure if it answers your question.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to pgazda For This Useful Post:

coreymc (04-03-2008)

Can I use this program to update a 1.11 iPhone. The instructions say 1.13 and 1.14 only...
    Has anybody managed to update a 1.11 to higher firmware versions? How did you do it?

another question. ive used ziphone to unlock activate jailbreak and downgrade the bootloader to 3.9 .will pwnage allow me to upgrade the bootloader back to 4.6??????????????

PWNED OWNS ZIPHONE. =)

kinda of rhyms lol.

neways still waiting for win release lol....
    Last edited by ih8mispace; 04-03-2008 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

According to the Dev teams website you can update the BL from 3.9-4.6, even if you used ziphone.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ih8mispace View Post
    PWNED OWNS ZIPHONE. =)

kinda of rhyms lol.

neways still waiting for win release lol....
    Really? How would you even know, you haven't even used it!

Thanks

I just PWNED my phone and now my ATT account is not detected at all. Does anyone have an idea how to get it back? When making my firmwares I set it to activate but not unlock.

if you restore to a pwned 2.0 and sync (create a backup) YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO REUSE THIS BACKUP unless you stay on 2.0. (1.1.4 will not load it)
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

the guide doesn't mention what kind of status the phone should be in before you start.
    by phone is currently 113 unlocked, do i restore through itunes first, then pwn the phone, or can I just pwn the phone right from the pwnage tool, and keep all my data/apps?

pwned to 2.0, however I assume this isn't jailbroken?

Active Sync worked but took a little time to sync Calendar and Contacts. Emails came in quite quick though. No reason for me to stay on 2.0 if it's not jailbroken however.

hmm.. well I've done it multiple times.. followed it step by step.. and it didnt work.. everytime..i know i did everything right.. first of all it would give me the message.. " successfully being pwned".. instead of "successfully pwned".. when it was over.. it rebooted with the custom image.. but didnt go back into recovery mode.. and it wont allow me to put the custom firmware on through itunes.. i spent hours on this.. and now disappointed..o and i am using mac os x 10.4.11
    Last edited by brandonb777; 04-03-2008 at 01:11 PM.

How and where can we donate to the dev team for this fantastic release ?

I am feeling flush and think those guy's should at least have a drink on me.

Great work. Well worth the wait...........

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eazyc10 View Post
    pwned to 2.0, however I assume this isn't jailbroken?

Active Sync worked but took a little time to sync Calendar and Contacts. Emails came in quite quick though. No reason for me to stay on 2.0 if it's not jailbroken however.
    it's an option when you're building your custom firmware whether to jailbreak or not, so it all depends on whether you checked that option, however 2.0 does not have installer, if that's how you're determining whether your phone's jailbroken or not

18. The Following User Says Thank You to jtesnani For This Useful Post:

tntmorgan (04-04-2008)

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Mine reboots normally... not back into recovery mode. This is OK. After this you can build your custom firmware and put the phone into recovery mode manually again (NOT DFU). Then option+click your custom firmware.

I ended up doing a full restore to 1.1.4 after failing my first attempt. So you may want to try this.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

brandonb777 (04-03-2008)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brandonb777 View Post
    hmm.. well I've done it multiple times.. followed it step by step.. and it didnt work.. everytime..i know i did everything right.. first of all it would give me the message.. " successfully being pwned".. instead of "successfully pwned".. when it was over.. it rebooted with the custom image.. but didnt go back into recovery mode.. and it wont allow me to put the custom firmware on through itunes.. i spent hours on this.. and now disappointed..o and i am using mac os x 10.4.11
    what type of error message are you getting when you try to restore with the custom firmware?

22. The Following User Says Thank You to jtesnani For This Useful Post:

brandonb777 (04-03-2008)

Thanks

For anyone wondering it looks as though doing a full restore in iTunes with original firmware locks the phone back down and removes PWNAGE.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I'm on AT&T...Just finished restoring to custom firmware and phone re-booted with no service... I'm doing a reset network setting to see if this fixes the issue.....
    Update: Stuck on spinning wheel while resetting... then FROZE... hard reset...still no service.

Went into BootNeuter and checked "Unlock" and reflashed the baseband to see if THAT would get me service... did a reboot after baseband flash FINALLY got service!! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by jtesnani View Post
    it's an option when you're building your custom firmware whether to jailbreak or not, so it all depends on whether you checked that option, however 2.0 does not have installer, if that's how you're determining whether your phone's jailbroken or not
    Yes this is how i was determining if it was jailbroken or not. Please forgive my noobness but how exactly do I get installer loaded? I've jailbroken my phone so many different ways I do not remember the method to get that installed (if possible)

Page 6 of 42 FirstFirst ... 45678 16 ... LastLast