+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 1.0.2 Shipments Halted.

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
From Mobile Mag: http://www.mobilemag.com/content/100/340/C13550/ "If you were hoping to waltz into your local Apple or AT&T store and grab an iPhone that is still running on firmware 1.02, you're pretty
    Thanks

Default iPhone 1.0.2 Shipments Halted.
    From Mobile Mag:
    http://www.mobilemag.com/content/100/340/C13550/

"If you were hoping to waltz into your local Apple or AT&T store and grab an iPhone that is still running on firmware 1.02, you're pretty much out of luck. Cupertino has halted all current shipments of iPhones to AT&T stores so that they can ensure every unit on the shelves is running on the latest firmware, version 1.1.1.

As you recall, this was the firmware update that effectively locked out third-party applications, including the one that lets you unlock the iPhone to use it with another GSM service provider. Sure, the whole jailbreak thing is going on and they'll probably hack and slash their way through firmware 1.1.1 soon, but in the meantime, it looks like anyone wanting an unlocked iPhone will have to look somewhere other than their local AT&T store.

Interestingly, Apple said that they lowered the price of the iPhone to help drive up holiday sales. By halting shipments and lowering the supply, doesn't that work against, you know, increasing sales?"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DoerrFan For This Useful Post:

twofruitd (10-12-2007)

iPhone? More like MyPhone kainisable's Avatar
    Thanks

this sucks

Like What i Said?, Hit The Thanks Button!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i went to my local store and bought a 1.0.2 and unlocked it i plan on buying more tomorrow take that Apple!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

No, not really. If stores still have stock in, they would have to sell all that. You just dont know which stores still have old shipments, which stores received new shipments and what not. All that is saying ALL new shipments coming in will be 1.1.1 but doesn't mention what they are doing with the shipments already in stores. Its like playing the lottery now, you might get lucky. Though I would try to find the store in the most remote town you can find, otherwise all the local hot spots should be out of 1.0.2 and only stocking 1.1.1

iPhone? More like MyPhone rxmxsh's Avatar
    Thanks

does it really matter? There are procedures in place now to unlock 1.1.1 and run 3rd party apps on 1.1.1. So who cares if Apple sends out 1.1.1?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Apple just face it you lost the battle over total control. Now start listening to your customers !

Developer
    Thanks

that's rather slow....

when i first read the news... i was shocked...
    coz i read it wrongly...
    thought they halt it to upgrade to 1.1.2... maybe coz i didn't expect apple to lag so much behind

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

see this is like what i said in the other thread. apple wasn't going to have 1.1.1 in stores after the release. they are JUST NOW? stopping shipping them out and NOW we're SOL about on getting virgin 1.0.2

Official MMI Troll with an Attitude Digitol's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes buy all the 1.02's while you can! Muh. Ha. Muhahahaha!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Has anyone ever ask ... what would happen in a year when we need to send in the iPhone to have the battery replaced? after we mod'em! I personally mod the heck out of my iPhone already...

Official MMI Troll with an Attitude Digitol's Avatar
    Thanks

As with anything sent in under warranty or generally sent in to "the maker" common sense would be to restore device in question to defaults. (joking tone) ---DUUUUUUUUUH!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

iGot 1.0.2 still and iWant to upgrade to 1.1.1.iStill want to be able to mod my iPhone. iKnow that iCan upgrade and add 3rd Party apps and what not but iNeed a program like "iBrickr" to do all the work for me. iKnow that Nate iS workin' on the latest version so until then i'Ll just wait like iHave been doin'... 100+ ringtones with a customized springboard that iDesigned myself. Put iT like this: iF iWalked iN the Apple Store not even Steve Blow-Job would recognize my iPhone UI (user iNterface). Damn these friggin' ants...!

-sent from my iPhone
    Last edited by iBwizzle; 10-13-2007 at 03:59 AM. Reason: iGot the version numbers mixed up d:-\

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iPhone8G View Post
    Has anyone ever ask ... what would happen in a year when we need to send in the iPhone to have the battery replaced? after we mod'em! I personally mod the heck out of my iPhone already...
    I would suggest that you learn how to change your own battery. That's what I am planning to do.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iphoneroeth's Avatar
    Thanks

well, jailbreaking 1.1.1 is getting close, however it took a long time.
    So what comes first: official jailbreak of 1.1.1 or the next update by apple that already breaks the jailbreak of 1.1.1?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iphoneroeth View Post
    well, jailbreaking 1.1.1 is getting close, however it took a long time.
    So what comes first: official jailbreak of 1.1.1 or the next update by apple that already breaks the jailbreak of 1.1.1?
    um 1.1.1 is jailbroke like a few days ago........

iPhone? More like MyPhone iphoneroeth's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alperovich View Post
    um 1.1.1 is jailbroke like a few days ago........
    umm, yes, technically you are right. However, right now it's not easy to use and re-configure your phone like in the past with AppTapp.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

as stated before, it no longer matters due to the the Dev teams hard work. What we will need to worry about now is the next update.
    1win.1 loss.1 draw

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by listenclose View Post
    as stated before, it no longer matters due to the the Dev teams hard work. What we will need to worry about now is the next update.
    I really do not care whats in the next update, im not updating at all until i can play tap tap revolution on that

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iphoneroeth View Post
    umm, yes, technically you are right. However, right now it's not easy to use and re-configure your phone like in the past with AppTapp.
    the more we support the DEV team the more chances we will. its all a matter of time. I personally haven't updated yet but i think monday (on my day off) i'll sit down and go thru the update process.

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

I dont think it matters now since we can unlock yet the new firmware
     Think Different