Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Free Unlock running 1.1.1 with a 1.0.2 baseband

IN STEP 9 WHEN I TRY THE MTHOD OF ENTERING ssh -1 root "My I.P" & i wait..
    IT ALSO SAYS "No address associated with nodename"

WHAT SHUD I DO???? PLEASE HELP ME GUYS AS I WUD DO THE SAME AM PANICKING

can anyone help with he activation stages....
    cant execute these commands....

Back up v1.1.1's lockdownd:

cp /usr/libexec/lockdownd /var/root/lockdownd.1.1.1

Now overwrite the iPhone's copy with your old v1.0.2 copy:

cp /var/root/lockdownd.1.0.2 /usr/libexec/lockdownd

And upload the certificate included in this distribution:

scp iPhoneActivation.pem root@[IPHONE IP]:/System/Library/Lockdown/

plz help have been on this for more than 24 hrs now

Quote Originally Posted by ratik View Post
    can anyone help with he activation stages....
    cant execute these commands....

Back up v1.1.1's lockdownd:

cp /usr/libexec/lockdownd /var/root/lockdownd.1.1.1

Now overwrite the iPhone's copy with your old v1.0.2 copy:

cp /var/root/lockdownd.1.0.2 /usr/libexec/lockdownd

And upload the certificate included in this distribution:

scp iPhoneActivation.pem root@[IPHONE IP]:/System/Library/Lockdown/

plz help have been on this for more than 24 hrs now
    That's my same problem.

christianromanelli I have installed BSD, OpenSSH and did all of the other manuals but here I can't follow the instructions.
    I'll be in 1.0.2 but I want to know! ^^

Thanks for all

guys... i appreciate all the great work you are doing..

excuse my questions because im new at this and im really scared of screwing up my iphone forever, i live in Lebanon and it impossible for me to replace my iphone which i desperately need, and i need it to function normally including making and receiving calls (if possible)

after 6 painful days trying millions of ways of unlocking, i gained some experience and realized that i had a 1.1.1 version with the new baseband fm which i downgraded to 1.0.2 but with the same baseband fm.

my questions:
    if i dont have access to AT&T service will i be able to downgrade my BB fm to 1.0.2 version and make it work with any sim card?

do i have to insert my NON AT&T sim card in the iphone through the entire process?

if i understand right, i should go through steps 1 till 17 and discard step 18 and ill be a happy user of iphone?

P.S. i dont care if i use version 1.0.2 or 1.1.1 as long as i can make and receive calls + send and receive SMS....

excuse me if my post is too long... thanks a million in advance for everyone who might help

Quote Originally Posted by hosies View Post
    guys... i appreciate all the great work you are doing..

excuse my questions because im new at this and im really scared of screwing up my iphone forever, i live in Lebanon and it impossible for me to replace my iphone which i desperately need, and i need it to function normally including making and receiving calls (if possible)

after 6 painful days trying millions of ways of unlocking, i gained some experience and realized that i had a 1.1.1 version with the new baseband fm which i downgraded to 1.0.2 but with the same baseband fm.

my questions:
    if i dont have access to AT&T service will i be able to downgrade my BB fm to 1.0.2 version and make it work with any sim card?

do i have to insert my NON AT&T sim card in the iphone through the entire process?

if i understand right, i should go through steps 1 till 17 and discard step 18 and ill be a happy user of iphone?

P.S. i dont care if i use version 1.0.2 or 1.1.1 as long as i can make and receive calls + send and receive SMS....

excuse me if my post is too long... thanks a million in advance for everyone who might help
    I did all the process with my NON AT&T sim card in the iPhone, if you don't I don't know if it doesn't work but you won't obtain the same messages that appears in the manual.
    You must discard step 18 of course.
    When you do this you won't need to do never unless you upgrade to 1.1.1

Luck with the process!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Shadow450 For This Useful Post:

hosies (10-13-2007)

Where can these be downloaded??

seckpack40113.bin
    ieraser
    bbupdater
    ICE03.14.08_G.eep
    ICE03.14.08_G.fls

Thanks

Please, search it better, there are in the manual:

http://modmyi.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=1085

i did all the steps.. all went smooth.. im running anySim now and it is falashing the baseband.. im gonna cry while waiting.. i hopw it works!!

GUYS!!!! its working..... i did everything step by step and it worked!!!!!!!

Thanks to everybody who made this possible...
    Last edited by hosies; 10-13-2007 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is originally 1.1.1.
    I did all the way fine, up-to the ieraser step.
    It is running up to " Waiting for data..." and it seems it just waits forever???
    Anyone got the same problem and can overcome it? Please shed me some lights on this.

Quote Originally Posted by christianromanelli View Post
    hey bluegopher,

I had the same situation, this is a brief summary of what i did (using only modmyi.com guides):
    1st - Downgraded my firmware to 1.0.2.
    2nd - Activate my iphone with a non at&t sim using independence only after you check you have 1.0.2
    3rd - Install BSD Subsystem and Open SSH.
    4th - downgrade your baseband
    5th - unlock iphone using anysim.

right now i have no interest at all to upgrade to 1.1.1 since i am in venezuela and i cannot access wifi itunes.

hope this helps.
    Christian,

Therefore, if I just follow this tuturial it should all be good? You followed this step by step and now your new 1.1.1 iphone has a 1.0.2 baseband with all the apps and calling functions working perfectly? I really don't care for the 1.1.1 update, I just want my iphone working, with which ever version....

Thanks!!

Hi cash! Im using a public wifi (since i only have a broadband connection at home) and i was not able to write down the IP ADRESS from the iPHone.

I am about to ACTIVATE given the problem, how do I access the ROOT FOLDER and what is AFC?

I have to back up lockdownd and overwrite in the root folder right? Anyway I can go about this? I hate to repeat the entire process. **sigh**

THANKS!

I have done everything up until the Activation step- I'm stuck on how to activate the phone with iAsign, can someone please HELP me????

Just follow the guide step by step.

Im slightly confused...
    There's all these blogs on unlocking the new firmware for sim cards.

I'm still using 1.0.2 but all i want is the ability to have backgrounds, wallpapers, and ringtones of my choice, as well as a few apps like summerboard, AIM, and a text editor.

Is there a "jailbreak" or an "ibrick" program yet for the 1.1.1 yet?

I'm using windows btw...

Quote Originally Posted by JedixJarf View Post
    Just follow the guide step by step.
    is iActivator still good? at the bottom of the page there's a nasty warning posted. what do u suggest? thanks!

Has Firmware 1.1.1 multilanguage support? I want a Spanish Iphone without patches

Ok. I ran the instruction up to the last steps... when I tried to downgrande the modem to 03.14 (bbupdate showed 04.01), I got some unexpected issue.

iearse didn't run. I lost Wi-Fi and SSH. Basically my iPhone was disconnected to the world and when I restart the iPhone, it shows Need Repairs.

I felt that iearse has corrupted my firmware at some point. Coz I restarted my phone after I saw there was no response on the SSH screen.

So I was freaked out... but then I restored it using 1.0.2 firmware method... Something unusual happened. It took longer time than it was before (about 5 mins vs over 15 mins)...

And when it came back, I activated it, and checked the firmware went back to 03.14!! The restore process must somehow repaired my corrupted firmware as well!

any idea how to copy my contacts from a nokia 6233 to my mac? i have all the contacts on my sim card, when i insert it in the iphone i cant see any of them, so i think i must copy them from my sin to my mac and then to my iphone.. or am i wrong? any ideas?

im on step five of http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Dow...1_to_1.0.2_OSX

I have been stuck for a good 30+minutes on "waiting for jailbreak..." with a status of performing jailbreak.

Is this normal?

Update: nevermind.

The steps did not indicate to keep itunes running on the background... now i will continue!

more updates to come!
    Last edited by ledude; 10-13-2007 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Same problem as many other people. Working on brand new Iphone with 1.1.1. It gets stuck when running ieraser. Soon after that I lose WIFI too...anyone have a solution?

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast