Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Free Unlock running 1.1.1 with a 1.0.2 baseband

i almost f**ked my phone with this method, so please be very carefull. (Due to a mistake on my part)

I managed to get it back to v1.02 though fully unlocked (phew!)

anyone else brave enough to have a go ?
    Last edited by Stevonw; 10-12-2007 at 06:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Never mind you actually dont see it when you type it. Im trying to unlock it as of now. I'll update you guys within a few mins. Im at the bbupdater -v part for OSX.

Ok now in stuck at the ieraser part

i get this message

# bbupdater -v
    Resetting target...
    pinging the baseband...
    issuing +xgendata...
    firmware: DEV_ICE_MODEM_04.01.13_G
    eep version: EEP_VERSION:207
    eep revision: EEP_REVISION:8
    bootloader: BOOTLOADER_VERSION:3.9_M3S2
    Done
    # ieraser
    zsh: permission denied: ieraser

The file is located in usr/bin/ieraser

Im not sure why im getting this message.

did u set all permissions to make sure they added upto 755 on each of the new files u added??

i had no problem at that part because i set them all to 755

Green Apple
    Thanks

I am still running 1.0.2 with 3rd party apps on it. Can I NOW upgrade to 1.1.1 and STILL be able to run my 3rd party apps? I dont care about being able to operate my phone on other networks, I just want AT&T with version 1.1.1 and to be able to run my 3rd party apps.

Thank You!
    Art

Yes your right, i miss that part, it has started to flash the files. Lets see where it goes now.

Im waiting...
    I got 1.0.2 unlocked using AnySim.

So im going to wait until there is a 3rd party app for relocking your phone and resetting the baseband, and until winInstaller/Ibrickr/AppTapp for windows comes out with auto (one click) jailbreak.

And Anysim that works with 1.1.1 of course

Thats my christmas list. Im going to have to wait till christmas to get it tho...hmm . I miss the 1.0.2 jailbreak/unlock/activate method. it was so easy we could do it in less then 15 minutes...
    myRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.

Smile It works!!!
    Bam it works whao that kind of took a while. Everything runs fine. After I downgraded the baseline I just ran unlock app and changed the lockdown file and that was it. Most def easer said than done. Once you get the hang of things it isnt too hard.

Yes it works.

Let me know if you have any questions, I can help you though it.

XxxMadCowxxX

Default What should I do?
    I have an unlocked iPhone (used AnySim), working on Rogers in Canada. Software Version is 1.0.2 (1C28). The Modem Firmware is 03.14.08_G. The IMEI numbers match on back of iPhone and in the About menu under General Settings. Should I stay put or can I relock, then upgrade to 1.1.1 and then unlock again? What path should I follow if any? Thanks.

iPhone? More like MyPhone taylorcold's Avatar
    Thanks

Congrats madCow.

Let me get this straight. It looks like step 1-8 are the "downgrade from 1.1.1 to 1.0.2". Is that correct? If I have installed any 3rd party Apps like "Stumbler" shoud I delete them or is it ok to go on to step 9? Should I err on the side of caution and just start at step one by upgrading my firmware to 1.1.1?

I have a new iPhone that arrived with 1.1.1 that I downgraded last week using steps 1-8.

Thanks

please oh please just get me an update installer.app , that's all i ask , that's not so bad is it ? :-( , ok i'm done with my emo crying

Ok, that looks like for people who bought the phone with 1.1.1 and unlocking with 1.0.2? So, you will end up with unlocked iPhone running 1.0.2, right? Is that method allow you to upgrade to 1.1.1?

So this is 1.1.1 with 1.0.2 baseband unlocked. Not a true 1.1.1 unlock yet, right?

Ok, so after following the instructions, yes it does work, I'm back running 1.02 and have service (at&t).

The problem I'm having is with step 18, to relock to a stock state, yes the process works, but I go back to the "invalid SIM" message and my IMEI # is incorrect..... any idea's?

Quote Originally Posted by Gazoo View Post
    The deal with this unlock method is that it depends on the 1.1.1 Jailbreak method that expressly states that those who have unlocked their phones by modifying the baseband SHOULD NOT do it.

It is my understanding that you cannot "revirginize" the baseband. And since there are/were several methods of unlocking 1.0.2, there are many areas where people may get hung up because not all methods are the same.
    Could you possibly be more specific? Of the most common unlocking methods, which modified the baseband and which did not? More pointedly, if one used Erica Sadun's Unlock GUI, did that modify the baseband?

Quote Originally Posted by XxxMadCowxxX View Post
    Bam it works whao that kind of took a while. Everything runs fine. After I downgraded the baseline I just ran unlock app and changed the lockdown file and that was it. Most def easer said than done. Once you get the hang of things it isnt too hard.

Yes it works.

Let me know if you have any questions, I can help you though it.

XxxMadCowxxX
    Good To hear that it works for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripperdude View Post
    Ok, so after following the instructions, yes it does work, I'm back running 1.02 and have service (at&t).

The problem I'm having is with step 18, to relock to a stock state, yes the process works, but I go back to the "invalid SIM" message and my IMEI # is incorrect..... any idea's?
    Relocking it doesn't really seem to work at all.
    Last edited by JedixJarf; 10-12-2007 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

here goes again!

Im starting now and hopefully can re-confirm that this works after my disaster earlier

Looks to me like it would be better to wait for an application. It shouldn't be long.

Hi everyone, i am just about to start the baseband downgrade process. i have a :
    -factory installed 1.1.1 iphone
    -downgraded to 1.0.2 with install.app installed
    -bsd subsystem and open ssh

wish me luck

hey madcow how was your iphone configured before you started the process ?

Default chasev2
    Quote Originally Posted by chasev2 View Post
    Could you possibly be more specific? Of the most common unlocking methods, which modified the baseband and which did not? More pointedly, if one used Erica Sadun's Unlock GUI, did that modify the baseband?
    It is my understanding that iunlock and anysim methods modify the baseband while IPSF does not.

Someone let me know if I'm wrong
    The Cake Is A LIE!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Gazoo For This Useful Post:

chasev2 (10-12-2007)

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast