Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Free Unlock running 1.1.1 with a 1.0.2 baseband

Default Just to be absolutely clear...
    Those of us running 1.0.2 and have unlocked via the method posted on unlock.no should NOT use this method?
    The Cake Is A LIE!

Quote Originally Posted by Gazoo View Post
    Those of us running 1.0.2 and have unlocked via the method posted on unlock.no should NOT use this method?
    Yeah, u gotta virginalize your iphone first if you wanna run this method.

im not sure whether to press ahead with the v1.1.1 update because the exploit does not seem to be completing
    Last edited by Stevonw; 10-12-2007 at 04:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Stevonw View Post
    Yeah, u gotta virginalize your iphone first if you wanna run this method.

im not sure whether to press ahead with the v1.1.1 update because the exploit does not seem to be completing
    I had to restore 102 for the exploit to install.

Quote Originally Posted by JedixJarf View Post
    I had to restore 102 for the exploit to install.
    whoops, i just pressed ahead to 1.1.1!

oh well back to the start for me

Stevonw Have you tried this method? I would like to ask this question to someone WHO HAS ACTUALLY DONE THE 1.1.1 UNLOCK.

I think posts by people (good intentioned though they may be) who "think" they understand it or are "guessing" shouldn't post, because someone might mistakenly take that post as an authoritative one and fark up their phone.

JedixJarf What are your thoughts on re-virginizing a 1.0.2 unlocked phone and then using your method?
    Last edited by Gazoo; 10-12-2007 at 04:21 AM.
    The Cake Is A LIE!

im following this method as i post, so wait for me to f**k my phone first lol

my iphone is unlocked by a turbosim, if I remove it ask me for an activation, I have only jailbroken or ed. my device, do you think I still need to virginize my phone?

well i've went wrong already!

Back to the start for me.........

which stage did it go wrong for you?

i restored my phone from a bricked 1.0.2. but now ssh doesnt work, i keep getting the "network error" so i cant do any 1.1.1 upgrading. anyone have this problem? and with "virginizing", am i supposed to run anysim and then bbupdater again?

just after i upgraded to v1.1.1

Default Mods, this is what I was talking about!

The deal with this unlock method is that it depends on the 1.1.1 Jailbreak method that expressly states that those who have unlocked their phones by modifying the baseband SHOULD NOT do it.

It is my understanding that you cannot "revirginize" the baseband. And since there are/were several methods of unlocking 1.0.2, there are many areas where people may get hung up because not all methods are the same.

just after i upgraded to v1.1.1
    What happened? What do you see now? What can you do/cannot do?

Your report will help others to diagnose the problem and propose a solution.
    Last edited by Gazoo; 10-12-2007 at 04:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    The Cake Is A LIE!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Gazoo For This Useful Post:

glnk4 (10-12-2007)

well im locked on v1.1.1

its not bricked or anything.

33 msgs without one saying 'i did it and it's working!'

Default Can you be a little more detailed?
    well im locked on v1.1.1

its not bricked or anything.

So you had an unlocked 1.0.2 phone (by what method?), tried this free update and now you are locked at 1.1.1. Is the phone still functional? Are all components functional? You determined that it's locked how? Do you have an AT&T SIM to test that it is still functional or are you guessing that it is because it's asking for an ATT SIM?
    The Cake Is A LIE!

Quote Originally Posted by Gazoo View Post
    So you had an unlocked 1.0.2 phone (by what method?), tried this free update and now you are locked at 1.1.1. Is the phone still functional? Are all components functional? You determined that it's locked how? Do you have an AT&T SIM to test that it is still functional or are you guessing that it is because it's asking for an ATT SIM?
    The phone is still functional, i unlocked via anySIM and yes i was on v1.02. I had virginalized the basband as in step 1 of this guide before proceeding. Where i went wrong was with the 1.1.1 HACK (The one u install before upgrading) and decidied to upgrade anyway.

So this hack may still work, its my fault that im in this situation lol.

Im downgrading back to v1.02 now

Green Apple
    Thanks

good luck man. i'm still trying just to jailbreak 1.1.1. I have att right now so it don't matter. but i dropped my phone and the glass is a little shattered so i might try to. lol what's 400 dollars?

ive managed to get fully back to v1.02 and fully unlocked again!

i think ill stay here for now lol

I'm not sure what im doing wrong, but every time i run terminal and about to type in the password dottie it wont let me. It wont let me type in anything. (i can still press enter) and i have already replaced and installed the edit files via cyberduck. Is there some kind of setting that i need to change, or is it a matter of copy paste but that also doent work. Im thinking about finishing it up on a pc, maybe that will work?

Any help will be appreciated

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Any success news?

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast