Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.1 Baseband Downgrade Achieved!

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

Default 1.1.1 Baseband Downgrade Achieved!
    cash edit: All you OSX guys out there I have written a nice guide for you, it takes a little time but i tried to be as detailed as possible.
    Click here for the Downgrade from 1.1.1 to 1.0.2 complete guide including baseband via osx

Revan has made the windows guide click here

All right! If any of you have "bricked" iPhones from upgrading unlocked iPhone's to 1.1.1, you are now able to downgrade without paying a dime!

The guys over at RDGaccess.com have put together a guide on how to do it, here it is:

"UNBRICKING 1.1.1 UPGRADE

How To

0. Download firmware 1.0.2 from apple: http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....8_Restore.ipsw

1. rename it to iPhone1,1_1.0.2_1C28_Restore.zip and unpack.

2. extract the ramdisk file from it by typing

dd if=694-5259-38.dmg of=ramdisk.dmg bs=512 skip=4

3. mount the ramdisk by doubleclicking it (on mac). On windows use some HFS tools to peek inside it or get the files from someone who extracted it already.

4. Put your phone into DFU mode and do option-restore in iTunes. This will reflash everything to 1.0.2. You will get an error at the end because it couldnt reflash the baseband. You will end up with a yellow triangle.

5. Quit iTunes, launch iNdependence and quit it again, relaunch iTunes. Press the power button on the phone for 3-4 seconds. After like 10 seconds you end up on the activation screen.

6. Complete the Downgrade by Jailbreaking / Activating, Installing SSh on to the phone etc. There are tons of wiki's about that so I won't repeat. (probably also true for step 4,5)

7. Extract the baseband firmware and EEPROM files of 3.14 from the ramdisk of firmware 1.0.2. The files are named ICE03.14.08_G.eep and ICE03.14.08_G.fls and are located under /usr/local/standalone/firmware.

8. Get the Secpack of baseband firmware 4.0. Its at the bottom of this post.

9. Download ieraser2 from http://www.fink.org/ieraser/ or from Geohot's blog.

10. Install all the tools on to the phone (i use the location /usr/local/bin)needed to get ssh access to the 1.0.2 firmware phone and upload ieraser2, the secpack, the firmware 3.14's FLS and EEP file and anySIM 1.0.2.

11. ssh to the phone. Stop CommCenter? by typing:

launchctl remove com.apple.CommCenter?

12. run bbupdater -v. it will tell you you run version 4.01 of the baseband.

(bbupdater is a tool by apple which is also on the ramdisk)

13. run ieraser2. This will WIPE your baseband, given a file "secpack" is in the same directory and this is a version 4 secpack.

14. run " bbupdater -v " again. it will not find any firmware now. 15. run " bbupdater -e ICE03.14.08_G.eep -f ICE03.14.08_G.fls " 16. run " bbupdater -v " it will tell you you run version 3.14 At this point in time you will still have a IMEI number starting with 004999... and its not of use yet. So still bricked but at least downgraded to version 3.14.

17. run anySIM Version 1.0.2 (note that older versions might not be good here as 1.0.2 has a lot of fixes for this kind of stuff).

Now you have a unlocked 3.14 baseband with IMEI being your original one! Congratulations you now fully recovered from your update 1.1.1 and are back to 1.0.2.

If you want to return to virgin state again you can stop the commcenter again and repeat " bbupdater -e ICE03.14.08_G.eep -f ICE03.14.08_G.fls " again to reflash the "locked" version of the baseband.
    "

RDGaccess

All files needed are here

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

camino (10-24-2007), mosaik (10-12-2007)

rejoice lemmings. rejoice.

This is excellent news. When it rains it pours, so they say.

So now, the smartest thing to do is to virginize the phone to 1.0.2, the jailbreak 1.1.1 and use IPSF, and this way everything will be fine and dandy. From iBrick to unlocked, 3rd party apps on 1.1.1
    Last edited by davalos; 10-11-2007 at 10:25 PM.

ive been trying to get this baseband firmware 4.0 but dont know where from i saw this at their site maybe 20 minutes ago so im waiting to see where i can find that

Thanks

It is truly EFIN amazing that these guys/gals put this kind of effort into this without any promise of money. Anyone that uses this to save their $400/$600 phone had better throw some donation funds at them. Huge Kudos to all that make our hacking happiness possible.
    As I see it, unless we each conform, unless we obey orders, unless we follow our leaders blindly, there is no possiable way we can remain free.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Right. But if you wait a day or so, you'll have free unlock either way.

but will that free unlock ruin the BB again??? And have to deal with this again for new firmware....

yeah i know pf ive been stuck with a brick for a while now im patient but im desprate i know you understand

There has to be an easier one click way in the works............

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

*sigh* again.

Beggars can't be choosers, now can they?

Default ??
    on step two it says to type...... but where do you type that line into? It is not very specific, anyone help?

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Better instructions coming soon by cash. This was the quick guide which was from the original author. Cash is rewriting as we speak. You type that in Terminal.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Can you tell me how to extract the ramdisk on windows? Where to type dd if=694-5259-38.dmg of=ramdisk.dmg bs=512 skip=4 ??

And can you please explain 4th and 5th steps?? How to get into DFU mode?

And do we have to launch iNdepence and quit it again?? or is it the iTunes?

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    How To

If you want to return to virgin state again you can stop the commcenter again and repeat " bbupdater -e ICE03.14.08_G.eep -f ICE03.14.08_G.fls " again to reflash the "locked" version of the baseband. [/I]"
    Now THAT is what I have been waiting for!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    Better instructions coming soon by cash. This was the quick guide which was from the original author. Cash is rewriting as we speak. You type that in Terminal.
    We have to type that line in Terminal in the iphone??

pf will this work on a iphone that has 1.1.1 pre installed? should right?

guys dont get so crazy just wait a day or two and our bricked iphones will be unbricked, just be patient and someone will make easier directions or a app to run or something..........ihope!
    8gb 1.1.1. Iphone Hacked and unlocked with At&t?:confused

wish this **** came out earlier so that i didn't have to spend money on a new phone and wait for apple to send me my replacement phone back... oh well

Official MMI Troll with an Attitude Digitol's Avatar
    Thanks

OMG will this free me? Can I downgrade the upgrade to the hacked baseband? Once done can I use other carriers with the 1.1.1 and or the 1.0.2? If I hack my iphone and unlock it can I run 3rd party apps with 1.1.1 or I ok ya the need recompiling some of them... If I try it can I go back to normal from when I hack unlocked it with the .dmg image that freed it in the first place? Where do I use the malformed tiff er wait there is another method.. oh and wait There HAS TO BE a one click solution right! :P LOL. . . . ahhahahahaha.

Maybe you should have waited to upgrade like EVERY mod instructed in the first place. Troller.

Reako

thanks guys to bad I cannot try it out though... well... we'll see if i need to

Quote Originally Posted by Reako View Post
    Maybe you should have waited to upgrade like EVERY mod instructed in the first place. Troller.

Reako
    was this for me? I hope not since my phone wasn't unlocked at all only jail broken.
    Last edited by iNfEk; 10-11-2007 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast