Closed Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.1 Baseband Downgrade Achieved!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
i am having problems after downgrading firmware to 1.0.2 and baseband to 03.14.08. i followed the guide and everything worked successfully but i still get the incorrect sim message and
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i am having problems after downgrading firmware to 1.0.2 and baseband to 03.14.08. i followed the guide and everything worked successfully but i still get the incorrect sim message and the IMEI is still different. I downgraded because i had bricked my unlocked iphone after the update to 1.1.1. Please help.

p.s. i have a legit att sim and contract.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i was getting wrong imei #...now i just get incorrect sim

i am also a legit at&t customer w/ an unlocked phone

no matter what i do or what the guides say the phone doesnt seem to go back to a totally virgin state

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by k0mpresd View Post
    i was getting wrong imei #...now i just get incorrect sim

i am also a legit at&t customer w/ an unlocked phone

no matter what i do or what the guides say the phone doesnt seem to go back to a totally virgin state
    no, it does not fully fix it, the NVRAM is still corrupted, restore your phone still with 1.0.2 then AT&T will do normal activation.

EDIT: Of course thats after running anySIM again.
    Last edited by DoerrFan; 10-15-2007 at 06:47 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 71_Dime View Post
    I have an unlocked iphone. i updated to 1.1.1 and bricked the phone. i downgraded the firmware successfully to 1.0.2 because i go the yellow triangle again. followed the steps but i cant get past step 3 which is to tap on Terminal icon. I have to use Terminal on the phone?? i'm still on the Activate Itunes screen and cant go to my springboard so i cant run Terminal on my phone. it also says incorrect sim. i have a valid att sim and contract and the IMEI is the weird number. no the same as the back of phone. can some one please point me the right direction. thanks in advance.
    Hey dude, did you run PAYCAY?
    Make sure ouy have 1.0.2
    Run apptapp installer for 1.0.2
    then run PAYCAY.
    After these three steps, you should be able to see your springboard.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default rename application
    I have a bricked Iphone (1.02 unlocked, and updated to 1.1), I downgraded it, try different stuff to find a way to remove this f*ing locked window "this iphone need a activated simcard...etc" and.., I discovered after launched Ibrick v0.91 and Itunes, and clicked on "reload app list" at the same time as Itunes start to synch, I restart the Iphone, and I have access to all the 8 first icones, SMS, Calendar, Photo, camera, Youtube (working) Stocks, Maps, Weather... but not the other one, clock installer, etc...

So my question is simple, do there is a way to rename an app like "installer" in "SMS, or replace the link of the "sms" icon to the "Installer" application, allowing me to launch the instalation of the ssh, so I can downgrade the baseband and remove the brick lock?
    --> maybe all of this is a stupid idea, but at least, I tried to do something.

Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DoerrFan View Post
    no, it does not fully fix it, the NVRAM is still corrupted, restore your phone still with 1.0.2 then AT&T will do normal activation.
    i have restored to 1.0.2...still tells me incorrect sim

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Did you install and run anySIM?
    I still use Windows sometimes.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default cannot unbrick
    Hi guys..new to the forum. I recently purchased my iphone and unlocked it to use with tmobile. Out of my own stupidity and curiosity, i tried upgrading to 1.1.1. because i had read a guide on how to do it, but later discovered it said to not try if i had unlocked the phone. So now I have a bricked phone and Im trying to unbrick it. I am not getting that yellow triangle anymore..i am getting a picture of a usb cable with an arrow pointing to the itunes logo. Has anyone else gotten that...i cant unbrick..please help.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Ye what you do is
    get it to restore mode with the USB thing. open itunes then do a manual restore to 1.0.2 which u can download sumwhere here..

when you get the error exit items and jailbreak it etc..

Once activated look at http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthr...?t=9578&page=3 go to mirza's post to downgrade the BB (baseband) ;D then go through anysim process agian

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I cannot jailbreak...after itunes gives me the restore error i ext out and go to jailbreak in independence. independence tells me "error entering recovery mode"
    please help!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I need help, can someone please direct me/tell me how i can activate my ATT simcard after i've jailbroken my 1.1.1 after downgrading?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

once donce, I can't connect to FUGU anymore, it says : REMOTE HOST HAS CHANGED, when I type the IP, ID root, 22 and / it doesn't want to connect...

Do I need to put the Lockdownd modified file in the iPhone ??

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hi cash, thank you for your hard work !!!
    I've got an unlock 1.0.2 (1C28) iPhone running with a different operator than ATT.
    My FW ver. is 03.14.08_G
    have I to brick it upgrading to 1.1.1 or is there something I can skip in your guide?
    Can I start jailbraking it up to 1.1.1 with iNdependence or do I have to "virginize" it before ?
    thanks a lot

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Helloooooooo somebody help? I bought the phone with 1.1.1 and I followed the guide and while downloading baseband i stuck after ieraser .. it keeps me saying "watiting for data" i dont know wats the problem is ...
    elite teeam and all my frndz and member here...help me find the soultion of this prob.

Livin the iPhone Life yowiphone's Avatar
    Thanks

just wait for anysim the free GUI unlock for 1.1.1
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,269 Times in 652 Posts

I could use a tester. Preferably running 1.0.2 f/w with a messed up baseband. pm me im contact details

oh and running osx
    Last edited by Cody Overcash; 10-18-2007 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life yowiphone's Avatar
    Thanks

When you jailbreak+Activate the iphone how do you send Anysim to it?
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok I had an unlocked 1.0.2 - I followed the instructions - virginized it and then upgraded to 1.1.1 ran the new independence and then anysim 1.1.1 and it doenst work - I tried it twice and it just didnt work - the phone is activated but sim is locked - had to downgrade it back to 1.0.2 and use old version of anysim to get it to work - my thoughts are that the virginizer is not really what its supposed to be - it does get your sim back to locked status but I think it still has the modded baseband albeit for version 1.0.2 - so until a real virginizer tool or method comes up id suggest that no one with an unlocked 1.0.2 phone should upgrade yet.

Still if anyone has done it and - its possible Im wrong - please do let me know as to how you did it.

Thanks

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,269 Times in 652 Posts

due to new method for baseband downgrade this thread is closed.

please refer here
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11144

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789