Closed Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.1 Baseband Downgrade Achieved!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by cash7c3 start at restoring baseband. step 10 in osx guide if i remember correctly thnx so much cash... so its starting from step 10 ryt?? but until
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post
    start at restoring baseband. step 10 in osx guide if i remember correctly
    thnx so much cash...

so its starting from step 10 ryt?? but until wat step do i do so i can 1st upgrade to the 1.1.1 and jailbreak again so i can put third party apps?
    Last edited by xanthus86; 10-12-2007 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Sup y'all can somebody help me out? I bought my phone and never upgraded to 1.1.1, I bought my brother a phone and he accidentally upgraded to 1.1.1 His phone was never unlocked, but he see's what i can do with my phone being unlocked and he's trying to figure out how to downgrade and unlock. All the posts I read are for ppl that have unlocked and upgraded to 1.1.1. His phone works normally but I just don't want to mess his phone up. It is activated with ATT. Thanks for any help you can give me!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kuntryboi1977 View Post
    Sup y'all can somebody help me out? I bought my phone and never upgraded to 1.1.1, I bought my brother a phone and he accidentally upgraded to 1.1.1 His phone was never unlocked, but he see's what i can do with my phone being unlocked and he's trying to figure out how to downgrade and unlock. All the posts I read are for ppl that have unlocked and upgraded to 1.1.1. His phone works normally but I just don't want to mess his phone up. It is activated with ATT. Thanks for any help you can give me!!!

My iPhone had the 1.1.1 and I was able to downgrade to 1.0.2 along with the baseband without any problems. Follow the guide in this link ( http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Dow...1_to_1.0.2_OSX ) down to number 17. Also you don't need to install the anysim.app.

Livin the iPhone Life yowiphone's Avatar
    Thanks

This will work on a fresh 1.1.1 from apple? yeah?
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,268 Times in 652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yowiphone View Post
    This will work on a fresh 1.1.1 from apple? yeah?
    yes

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cody Overcash For This Useful Post:

yowiphone (10-13-2007)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post
    yes
    i liove u dude lol!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hello,

I followed this process and it works perfect!
    I bought my iphone with: 1.1.1 and baseband firmware: DEV_ICE_MODEM_04.01.13_G, after following this guide, now I'm at: 1.0.2 and baseband firmware: DEV_ICE_MODEM_03.14.08_G.

But now whenever I try to run AnySim it always ends with this error message:
    'unlock failure the flash operation succeded but the unlock commands failed. you might want to check the baseband manually using minicom'

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Thanks

ok guys, I've read every post in this thread and I still don't know if I should go through all of this. I downgraded from 1.1.1 to 1.0.2 the old way (no baseband downgrade) My phone is working just fine except the sound part of customize. is 1.1.1 really worth all of this work? will having 1.1.1 set me up to be in a better position for future up grades or should I just leave well enough alone?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm using Windows. The original phone had 1.0.2 but it was upgraded to 1.1.1 Anything i can use with windows

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default when do you swap sim card?
    hello. this was my first time doing this and i was wondering at which step do you remove the at&t sim card and put in the desired sim card (in my case, it was t-mobile). i did all the steps till the very end and it gave me an invalid sim error but it may be because i left the at&t sim card in there while using anysim to unlock.

Please help!!

thanks in advance!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i did the same thing but it didnt say invalid sim mine told me to activate with itunes so i plugged it into itunes waited for the activation screen to load and then quit itunes and opened independence and activated trough there maybe it helps you

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mjban View Post
    I can't pass this step.. "waiting for data" have been there for about 15 minutes.. and nothing.. please help..
    i am having the same problem

help

edit: used a new version of ieraser and it worked fine...cash, you might want to update the zip files you have posted
    Last edited by k0mpresd; 10-13-2007 at 03:01 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks a lot CASH. I used your OSX Guide and also used Ravens windows guide and I got my iphone now working again.

THANKS GUYS!!!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mirza513 View Post
    Okay here is a quick guide with what I did to "unbrick" my iPhone

Follow this guide to downgrade your iPhone firmware back to 1.0.2 (but still having BB firmware at 4.01)
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Dow...firmware_1.0.2

After you have finished that guide, you should be looking at your Springboard.

STEP 1
    1 - Connect your iPhone to iBrickr
    2 - Go to applications and follow the instructions (it should ask you to restart phone twice)
    3 - After you finished that, browse the applications and install - BSD SubSystem, openSSH, Mobile Terminal, and anySIM 1.0.2
    (I did it in that order, I don't know if it matters though)

STEP 2
    1 - After that, download the files that Poetic_folly provided here
    2 - Extract the files and rename secpack.bin to just secpack
    3 - Download bbupdater from here
    4 - Now upload the following files to /usr/bin using iBrickr. (ieraser, secpack, ICE03.14.08_G.eep and ICE03.14.08_G.fls, bbupdater)

STEP 3
    0 - Tap the Terminal icon and enter the following commands
    1 - launchctl remove com.apple.CommCenter
    2 - cd /usr/bin
    3 - chmod +x bbupdater
    4 - ./bbupdater -v (the v stands for versions I guess. This will show you which BB version you have)
    5 - chmod +x ieraser
    6 - ./ieraser (Wait for it to finish)
    7 - ./bbupdater -f *.fls -e *.eep (Wait for it to finish)
    8 - ./bbupdater -v (Now check if you have BB version 3.14. If not then something did not go right. Try again)
    9 - Tap the anySIM icon and let it do it's thing (Make sure the auto lock thing is set to never)

-Restart your phone and you should not get the "Incorrect SIM" error anymore
    -You should also have the correct BB version now along with the correct IMEI number

I wrote this from memory, I hope its accurate and for the record, I don't know much about the unlock process or what its doing. I just followed the instructions from the first post

All credit goes to the people who made this possible!

Good Luck Guys!!

I have an unlocked iphone. i updated to 1.1.1 and bricked the phone. i downgraded the firmware successfully to 1.0.2 because i go the yellow triangle again. followed the steps but i cant get past step 3 which is to tap on Terminal icon. I have to use Terminal on the phone?? i'm still on the Activate Itunes screen and cant go to my springboard so i cant run Terminal on my phone. it also says incorrect sim. i have a valid att sim and contract and the IMEI is the weird number. no the same as the back of phone. can some one please point me the right direction. thanks in advance.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    use putty although u need BSD and openSSH installed..

You need to bypass the ATT to be able to install the apps and user terminal via iphone or wireless

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xp02ed View Post
    use putty although u need BSD and openSSH installed..

You need to bypass the ATT to be able to install the apps and user terminal via iphone or wireless

I already installed BSD and open SSH using iBrick. how do i bypass ATT. im using Windows. thanks

what is an easy way cause i looked around and found dvd jons way but involves hex editor an it all seems too confusing.
    Last edited by 71_Dime; 10-13-2007 at 06:06 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    If you want to return to virgin state again you can stop the commcenter again and repeat " bbupdater -e ICE03.14.08_G.eep -f ICE03.14.08_G.fls " again to reflash the "locked" version of the baseband.
    this does not work for me

all the other steps work perfect but even before unlocking again, i run the above command again and it is still not working correctly

itunes tells me the imei # is wrong and it wont connect to itunes...i can run the unlock utility and get service but still cannot connect to itunes...i have to restore the phone before it will connect to itunes again

am i missing something?
    Last edited by k0mpresd; 10-13-2007 at 08:02 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Works perfect on 3 phones so far. Use the PACAY batch after downgraded to get back onto your Springboard

Thanks

So once you fully do this method does youtube work as-well?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by yowiphone View Post
    So once you fully do this method does youtube work as-well?
    Yes.

I just woke up after a 10 hour of try-to-hack-4-iPhones-1.1.1-get-a-brick-unbrick-day. I was stucked with some steps at the new method after installing 1.1.1. Acteally this guide saved me from some financial crashdown.

So just do the downgrade -
    10 sec both buttons no iTunes running phone connected in dock (you can hear the unload USB sound on WinXP), screen is blank (black)
    keep pressing only Home button, when u hear the new USB sound run iTunes. release Home button
    shift-click restore button to restore from your downloaded 1.0.2 file
    when done use AppTapp twice
    apply the PACAY batch or other activation method
    follow the guide up here.

Confirmed working on 3 of 4 phones so far. I am gonna try the 4th right now again.