+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple WebApps Directory Goes Live!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Page 17?!?!? LMAO... Had I never of modded, I probably would like that site, and probably wouldn't know of mockdock, appleolis, or mmi. So for the average Joe, perhaps they'll
    iPhone? More like MyPhone rxmxsh's Avatar
    Thanks

Page 17?!?!? LMAO...

Had I never of modded, I probably would like that site, and probably wouldn't know of mockdock, appleolis, or mmi. So for the average Joe, perhaps they'll like it. To me, it's crap.

MMi FTW.

Thanks

Heard about this yesterday, it's cool that they have this, as unsuperior as it is.
    It shows they are willing to work with 3rd party developers, and even showcase their work. Hopefully they will move onto native apps next.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    ppppfffffttttttt...

OS X - excellent enough to put on phones LGgeek's Avatar
    Thanks

Web apps no way. If I was willing to put up with slow *** web apps I wouldn't have bought an iphone. I bought mine after learning about native third party apps so Steve Jobs has the native development community to thank for helping to sell his iphone to me.
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 02589 View Post
    I'm a dummy. I was on page 17 of those apps before I figured out they were web apps.
    I feel like a bigger dummy quoting myself, but it gets worse. When I first started looking at that page, I think I saw where I could skip ahead 4 pages and assumed there were 4 pages of native apps and I thought, "4 pages of apps is not bad for starters", since PF said theirs were not as good as ours.

I ran across a couple of them and said, "obviously you would have to have an internet connection to download the weather, ebay, or database for that program", but it's still not bad.

Later I started to think, "Maybe I don't need this installer and mods and stuff. If I can find a voice recorder and a database program, buh bye modmyi. I didn't really want to get into hacking very deep anyway. Here I come 1.1.1"

On about page 15, I started to think, "are all of these apps for the iphone? If so, this is pretty cool beans. Nah, these are probably for imacs and laptops and stuff since the URL doesn't say iPhone." So I started to read the URL and didn't specify iphone. Then about page 17 I realized the url did say webapps.

Finally the word "web" started to penetrate my thick skull, and I was confused why they would call it web if I should download it from iTunes? So just as I started to click the "what is a webapp" link, it hit me like a ton of bricks. Boy am I stupid.

Anyway, I thought I'd tell my story and let everyone laugh at me because we still got a little time to kill before the real installer.app comes out, and I'm almost sick of the same old questions every time there is a news flash.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,799 Times in 1,223 Posts

Ha, thats a great story.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Skype web app
    Calls are not in every country for free.

http://s4iphone.com
    (Link just works with Safari browser)

You configure who you want to call. And Skype establishs the connection. You, and the person you want to call, get a phonecall.

iPhone? More like MyPhone editwizard's Avatar
    Thanks

Define 'Irony': 3rd party devs (MMi) have made a better WebApps list than Apple. Perhaps they shoulda got a 3rd party to write THEIR WebApps list.

Since its story time waiting for the AppTapp update here's mine... I'm reading some news on my Mobile RSS native app on my iPhone last night and see the story about Apple/webapps. "Cool," I think to myself. I was expecting something along the lines of the Apple Web Gallery and how that just magically appears in a totally clean interface formatted for the iPhone but still running right from a web 2.0 page.

So I click the link and its just a regular apple website - the webapps directory is NOT EVEN iPhone formatted. HAhaha haha ha ha ha. I zoom in and scroll around the entire page trying to find the 'iPhone version' link and nothing. You've gotta be kidding me.

HELLO Apple!? Did you guys invent the iPhone or what?

It's a list. Of. WebApps. This is so July 1, 2007.

iPhone? More like MyPhone xxjoebreadxx's Avatar
    Thanks

This is pretty sweet!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    I've just noticed that they have an ovulation calendar. Very useful.

HAHA

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Webapps, not for everyone
    WTF, I mean what about when your on a plane? Why the hell can't they just allow us to install flippin games. I'm beginning to HATE Apple. So much for "Think Different"!

OS X - excellent enough to put on phones LGgeek's Avatar
    Thanks

If apple wants to get back on my xmas list (read get any more of my money) they can release an sdk and cut out the bricking of iphones. I am REAL happy with my 1.0.2 and all the great native apps. I read today that apple is halting all shipments of the 1.0.2 iphone to stores.
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12